• 2174 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10612 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Only 2 servers

Discussion in 'Clans' started by FreezinPanda, Aug 29, 2019.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. What if clans somehow gets more popular in the future? I know it’s most likely not going to happen but it’s better to have more servers just in case. Like how others said above, SOTW gets above 300 players; during Season 6 I remember seeing “500 playing clans” when I hovered over the iron door. Clans management also tried 100 players per server. In the beginning of the season the servers could easily accommodate that many players because there wasn’t that many entities yet. What I mean by entities is chests, big bases, changes in the map etc. Then later on servers started to lag like crazy and they kept restarting. This resulted in the player count reducing to 100. Imagine making 2 servers both having 200 players each there will be an intense amount of lag.
    Edit: There’s some people that enjoy playing on dead servers and they shouldn’t be forced to play in the popular ones. I myself sometimes grind dead servers with my clan mates when I don’t feel like losing gear/warpoints in my clan on the popular servers.

Posted Sep 20, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 20, 2019
  2. Ahahahahahahahahahaha! Genuinely. That's a great one.

Java Minecraft is in decline, and there's no better place to see its decline than on Mineplex. For Clans to experience a resurgence in popularity would require Mineplex to cross a bridge it refuses to cross -- to get serious against hackers in every way possible, in the ways that have been explained in its own forum discussions by angry and exasperated paying members for literally years. None of it is rocket science. All of it is done by other servers and other game platforms. MP seems intent on accelerating the exodus of players from its servers.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  3. I totally agree with you that Mineplex is dying, however that doesn’t mean that they should give up. Hackers actually have been more dealt with this past season. I’ve got banned permanently from clans in Season 5.5 and I did not expect that. I was careless in the past and I always had your thoughts about “mineplex will never deal with hackers” , “hope mineplex dies.” I changed from my mistakes so I appeal and now Im used to playing legit. I realized how hard clans management is trying to keep their game up and I respect that. The only problem is development time. There’s so many other games than clans all we can do right now is wait. Every Season SOTW gets players, Season 6 wasn’t even that bad it was active for 2 months unlike Season 5.5 which was active for only 3 weeks. One day there will be a Season that’s semi-active like Season 3.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    ClansGI and Xion like this.
  4. Maybe hackers are being dealt with more than in previous seasons, but "almost never at all" improving to "almost not at all" isn't significant. And then, "dealt with" hackers come back soon after, whether its by approved appeal or alternate accounts -- because Mineplex apparently doesn't IP ban and VPN ban.

The unquestioned belief on my server is that the majority of players are hacking. It's really a contest of who is better at managing their hacks. If you're not hacking, you don't stand a chance. When someone complains in chat, the response is stuff like, "Imagine complaining about haccing on a haccer's server." Hacking has been so prevalent I catch myself typing the word as "haccer" in forums because years of talking in Mineplex chat about the systemic hacking on Mineplex has rewired my brain in terms of how I spell the filtered word.

The worst part is that when a hacker clan is disbanded, the cmod announces the coordinates, and leggies and gear just transfer from hacker clan to hacker clan.

The reasoning for doing this is always whisper thin and illogical. A CMOD told me they announce coordinates so the victims can get their gear back. That is so egregiously misguided it shouldn't merit a response.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  5. hey!

This really isn't a good idea at all. As people said, the clans servers are very packed during the start of the season and it would just cause a lot of problems and lag to have that many people in 2 servers.

I do see where you are coming from but because of the random population they can't really shrink down on clans servers.

Posted Sep 22, 2019