• 3722 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12160 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Only 2 servers

Discussion in 'Clans' started by FreezinPanda, Aug 29, 2019.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    67.7%
  1. I'd like there to be only 2 servers (one hardcore, one casual) because as you all know clans is getting smaller in population. If they increase the amount of players able to join 1 server it would be much better in the long run, and overpopulation wouldn't be a threat in the future, as we can expand the amount of people able to join. Also they can work on making the map larger to accommodate this.

Posted Aug 29, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 29, 2019
  2. Not gonna happen

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  3. Excuse me, but I don't think that would work. During the SOTW(Start of the season) the servers are packed.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  4. Denied by mep for many reasons. Here is a direct quote.
    "As I've stated on a similar thread, the number of Clans servers is pretty tricky. On reset day, we always have issues where the whole community will try to cram into 2-3 servers, which leaves us with long queue times, or players going to the remaining servers. As the season progresses and some people lose interest, those queues die out on the "popular servers", but people who started on other servers may not be willing to drop everything they've worked for at that point to go to the popular servers, and some players want to be on a smaller server in the first place. In the end, we let the community sort it out themselves. If they're willing to be in queues to play the popular server with more of the community, they can do that; however, I don't want to force anyone into playing on a server that they don't want to." - mepman9

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    Vraz, TronicTonic and Yato like this.
  5. Therefore they should make the server able to support more people.. ? Managing it would be much easier

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2019
  6. Did you read what I posted? Some people prefer to live isolated or on different servers. We aren't going to force them to play on one server. Also, have you seen what happens when you add slots to Clans servers? It doesn't work out well.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    Yato and TronicTonic like this.
  7. Yeah, that's going to be a problem if they were to remove some servers. I'm not sure about you but I don't want to play alone on some servers.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  8. i mean, surely we can remove at leave a couple? 1 hardcore, 1 casual? they're really just unnecessary dead space

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    Meme™ and Xion like this.
  9. Regarding both of you, removing servers doesn't mean you can add (in alexthecoder's words) "MOAHH POWAHH". You can't just make the server support more people by removing some of the other servers, it just doesn't work like that.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  10. never said that? just think there's no sense in keeping something useless around, plus it'd encourage people to play on more active servers which makes for a better experience for everyone

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  11. I love reading threads like this, however, I still don't get why people think that if there was less servers there is automatically more active. I think that there is a key thing that people miss whenever they bring up the idea that there should be less servers so more activity. Players are not mandated to play clans. I use myself as a great example. I prefer smaller servers, because I tend to not want to make a massive amount of friends and therefore my clan survives more on smaller servers because there are so few of us. That being said, if Mineplex removes the option of playing on servers that have not been overtaken by massive other clans, I will one hundred percent assure you. I will stop playing clans. Most of the arguments for less servers that I have seen on here seem to be blatantly ignoring the fact that just not playing Mineplex at all is a very strong possibility. Overall, if people want to come to your server, then they will come to your server. If people want to fight in PvP and use legendaries, then they will. Otherwise, nothing you can say will force them to move servers or fight you. People will do what they want, and if they cannot just enjoy the casual experience of smaller servers, then they will cease to play Mineplex. I apologize if this has become a rant, but I definitely think that Mineplex knows what they are doing when they say that they will not remove any of the clans servers.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  12. I voted yes for only 2 servers even though I disagree. There should be 1 hardcore server and nothing else.

Focus all CMOD attention on a single server. Re-institute IP bans (they worked... it was the most glorious fun week in Clans... until the IP bans were removed and all the hackers returned). Get serious about hackers again, and their punishments. Have only 1 server. Upgrade that old dinosaur and increase the map size and number of simultaneous users.

Although... if you re-institute IP bans, and permanently ban hackers, chances are you won't need to increase the number of simultaneous users.

Posted Sep 8, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 8, 2019
  13. Again... Start of the season over 200 people cramming onto 1 server. That won't work.
    Upgrading a server costs a lot of money. Some servers cost like 90k.

Also, many people on 1 server leads to lag. Having 80 players on at once is pretty laggy, but 200! Even now we complain about lag. On a server with around 5 people online at once, the map has frozen for a second. With around 100-200 players, going to an event will be ridiculous. You will be freezing every step or every boss attack.
    The player support issue isn't only Mineplex's side, but if you don't have a good computer or good signal you won't be able to play with a lot of people.

Posted Sep 8, 2019
  14. Again,,,

1. Upgrade the server to allow more simultaneous users. If you know Mineplex's history, you know it would be shocking if they cannot afford it .

2. Re-institute IP bans so you don't have to increase the number of simultaneous users. Do you have any idea how many people hack, and hack on multiple accounts and use alts to bypass bans?

What I wrote is utterly doable. But I can always count on the Mineplex forum for people to tell us we have to live with treacherously bad service.

It's irrelevant whether there's a long queue at the start of the season if you allow the season to die a month later due to a lack of players because you've spread them out across a bunch of mostly empty servers. But again, when we had the IP ban, we didn't have a long queue. We had easy-to-access servers free of most hackers. But go ahead and tell us it cannot be done even though we know it can be done.
    --- Post updated ---
    Or, said another way, I read your concerns and don't consider them to be relevant.

Posted Sep 8, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  15. I did not know Mineplex had the money to upgrade servers. Also, I said nothing about IP Bans.

Posted Sep 8, 2019
  16. [QUOTE="Also, I said nothing about IP Bans.[/QUOTE]

My original comment was a reply to OP, and that's where I first mentioned IP bans. You then replied to me telling me why my idea won't work. My idea mentioned that they might not even need to increase the number of simultaneous users if they bring back the IP ban. There are practical solutions to Mineplex's problems and they've been laid out plainly by many different users in many different discussions in the forums over the years

The problems we face as players are by Mineplex's design, or Mineplex's inaction. So please forgive me if I'm short with you because we've been suffering this situation for years. When IP bans started in Clans I couldn't believe it... Mineplex was doing something, and it was working! And then.... about a week later, they reversed course after enough hackers complained. It's clear to me who Mineplex listens to, and it's not legit players, in my opinion.

Posted Sep 8, 2019
  17. hey bud granpda is clams admin now not mep

Posted Sep 8, 2019
  18. Doesn't mean everything he said will be for nothing. I'm all for decreasing some servers, but he has a point. And I will never agree with ONE SERVER.

Now.

IP bans already exist in clans, as well as IP checks and NWB

They removed the alting thing because of friends and siblings. Not because hackers complained. If we reintroduced that mechanism it would hurt the legit players with friends and siblings more than hackers. Some VPNs are not easily detected.

How exactly is a long queue not relevant? And do you think removing clans servers will give them the ability to power up others? Because it won't, you cant just go "MOAH POWAH"

While keeping it at 2 servers is denied, removing some at least I'd consider on the table.

Posted Sep 8, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  19. Hey

Most likely will never happen. If you were present during this seasons SOTW we hit 700 players at one point. Each server holds 80 players, this idea would only spell much disappointment from those who can't join. I understand that now that the season is cooled down, there's a lack of players really on any server and this would seem like a good idea for now. But the reason that there's so many servers is due to the amount of players who play at the beginning of the season, this number is always 500+ so as a result this most likely will never happen as we want to accommodate these players when the season starts.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
    Xion and Yato like this.
  20. ur missin the point this idea will benefit the long term rather than the short term. SOTW isn't crap. but in the season this is useful. also mineplex gets like 1700 ppl so for SOTW, you'll be lucky if clans gets 300
    --- Post updated ---
    also wtf does clans management even do? we dont need management for a dead gamemode. arcade game management would be much better or combat game manangement

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    FreezinPanda likes this.