• 2182 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10620 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

On Revolutions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Diemolis, Aug 18, 2019.

1. I wanted to conduct a simple poll in which the following question is posed: "Which was more significant in the development of the world as it is now, the American revolution or the French revolution?"

Treat all elements and interpretations as subjective with respect to the context of the question.

If you want leave a comment explaining your position more fully.

If you think this is the wrong place, I would generally agree, but I wanted to gather some data.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  2. Hi!
    Sooo The French Revolution and the American Revolution are similar in some aspects.
    The main difference is the context of the war. The American Revolution was caused by a majority of the American population becoming unhappy because of how the British were ruling them.
    As far as I know, both the American and French Revolutions were focused around liberty and equality and both were trying to gain freedom. America was trying to gain freedom from the rules and taxes put upon them by Great Britain. Whereas the French wanted to abolish the French monarchy and create a better government in which the people could have more of a say in society. Both countries fought for the same thing, the outcomes of the two were very different. The American Revolution was mainly focused on gaining independence, while the common people of France wanted to get rid of the French monarchy, the lower classes wanted to enforce equality rather than having the rich and the king overpower them. Here are some differences and similarities.

First, consider the American Revolution. It's ironic that the roots of the American Revolution were British. Before the Americans get their Declaration of Independence in (1776)"I think".
    But in the end, I think the American "revolution" had a bigger impact on the world without Europe, the French people knew what was going on in America so they observed this event and I think this encouraged them to start their own revolution. So the French revolution caused the feudal regime in Europe to start collapsing, so that`s a good thing.
    My conclusion is: American "revolution" was more significant for the world,
    but The French revolution was a bigger blow for Europe.
    I hope you happy with data I provided you :)
    I suggest you watch videos about French and American rev. from this channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNIuvl7V8zACPpTmmNIqP2A,

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  3. Yeah, this is big brain time.

I have a bias when I would suggest that the American revolution was the most important, being an American myself. They didn't touch a lot on the French revolutionary war(s), but we fought for a nation free of taxes and tyranny.

Then entered more taxes tyranny in the form of big government

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    JustOreoS likes this.
  4. Honestly, the American Revolution kind of inspired the French revolution to take place.The American revolution actually worked, too. We got the British off of our backs and we were able to be a free nation with a more democratic government. The French revolution was trying to abolish the monarchy and give more representation to the lower classes. During the French Revolution, many people were executed, but in the end, the goals of the revolution weren't accomplished because Napoleon came to power. He set some restrictive laws on some social groups and he also tried to take over the entire continent. Soon, Napoleon was exiled, the French monarchy was restored, and France was more or less back where it was before the revolution.

I would say that the American Revolution was more successful, and a better development in the world. Because of the American revolution, we were able to have our own government, which was different from what other countries had at this time, because a lot of them had monarchs. The United States brought back a more "free" form of government, and as more years passed, other nations around the world started to abolish their monarchies as well.

....are you asking us to help you write a paper for a class?

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  5. Well, I’d say the American Revolution had a stronger global impact, as it not only led to the formation of the US, it heavily inspired the French Revolution which happened only a few years later.So everything resulting from the French Revolution was indirectly caused by the American Revolution.

I got a 4 on the 2019 AP World exam i could explain more if you want

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  6. haha, I almost added a disclaimer of that nature in the original question but to answer yours no, I'm not looking for help. Historians generally agree that the French revolution was far more significant and I wanted to mess around and see what people thought since I expected that people either would know less or not be properly informed on both. I actually thought responses were good. I hope that people make more threads like these because I'm not sure how long I can stay involved in forums but I think they are fun.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  7. I mean when we are in History class my teacher's never mentioned the French revolution and always talks about the American revolution. I'm assuming and judging from the comments above mine that the American revolution was much more popular than the French revolution.

Posted Aug 29, 2019