• 344 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2923 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Omega chest allows you to open two chests

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by QuickCombo, Dec 13, 2019.

?

Do you agree ?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wouldn't it be more fair to be able to open 2 chests.
    Lets just say you worked hard for some random challenges and you end up with a Omega crate and some random title, you open the omega crate and get a common or rare item, that is what exactly happened to me with the 30 presents omega crate, i got a rare item.
    Then again you could always get a chance of getting 2 bad items from the omega crate but at least you have a higher chance then just one single chest that could either give you a common or a mythical.

Some of you might say that well it's your luck, but think about it, even if you are a donator you hardly get any omega crates, only eternals get omega crates monthly, so barely getting omega crates and getting something like a rare or a common from it is kind of, well not so fun

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  2. The idea of Omega chests is that it always contains something that is rare - Legendary. Items in these chests include cosmetics that could be obtained in other chests as well as chests from the past. As such, the rarity and value of the cosmetics found in these chests are unrivalled. From a business perspective, giving players the option of opening two chests instead of one decreases the value of the chests, which is something that should not be done. By keeping the value of the chests high, coupled with the rarity of some items encourages people to upgrade their rank to Eternal and or participate in events that grant omega chests as rewards.

It may be discouraging to get something you do not want from an Omega Chest or the fact that one may obtain them rarely, but having more chests to open would not be a great business decision and as such, is something I do not personally support.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    Wrappingz and Goudge ✦ like this.
  3. I agree with you! Ond chest is just... Meh... And a shot at getting something terrible from the best chest is just terrible. 1+

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  4. yes but... what if you have finished all the illuminated chests and all that is left is old ppc or an old particle, seems kinda dumb to get 2 legendary items

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    RealWand likes this.
  5. You Well, like i said, its all luck, one chest is boring, 2 chests encourages people to want the omega crate and buy Eternal for it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 13, 2019
  6. this is kinda ruining the point of Omega chests, you're supposed to get something really bad or really good, not get 2 chances in one chest

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  7. Hello!

Thank you for sharing your idea on the forums! I unfortunately am going to have to not agree with this though. Due to the fact of, the Omega Chests being extremely rare, and holds very prized possessions.

Omega Chests are the most rare chest on the server. You can not buy it in shop or even on the store. These make these chests very rare, and because they are. They have to hold extremely rare items. It may be upsetting to not get what you want out of them. However, sometimes you get lucky, and get what you wanted to get! Now, saying you only choose one chest might make your chance of getting something rare goes down. This reason is why Omega Chests are so rare. Your idea brings more of a reality to chests instead of making them more unique. The point of Omega Chests are for your item you receive to be very legendary. Just like stated above by Sven. It brings the value down of the chest by creating two options and not one.

Overall, this idea will receive a -1 from me because of bringing the rarity, and value down of the Omega Chests. You might not always get what you might want from these chests, and are very hard to receive. However, that is what makes these certain chests so valuable and unique!

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  8. I feel like the usage of opening 2 chests may seem a little bit over the top. However, the extreme rarity of these chests makes it completely fair. Omega Chests are almost impossible to obtain. The opening of 2 chests in Omega Chests would be satisfactory for those who may have not received something that does not look as good. For example, the Omega Chest I received from the Present Hunt. I thought the Freedom Aura would look as good as the others. Although it was my first Player Appearance Particle Effect, the rate of the particles spawning did not satisfy me, so I did feel a bit down. The opening of 2 chests would allow happiness amongst those who did not like their reward.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    TheDiamondKittyGaming likes this.
  9. I have to agree with @Sven on this one. Speaking from a viewpoint of somebody whose dabbled in business aspects of the world, this is not feasible. Because Omega chests primarily contain rare items, I think that the number of chests that are opened per Omega chest opening is appropriate. While many players may enjoy being able to open two chests, it ultimately decreases the value and significance of the rares that are obtained through these chests. Because Omega chests are so popular, this is a good source of playability and customer retention for Mineplex. By increasing the count from one to two chests per opening, the amount of rares that players are receiving would literally double. Ultimately, this would certainly devalue rares in the game as well as most likely decrease the amount of Omega chests obtained by players due to the former.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  10. Personally I think the omega chest is fine the way it is.
    Although I can see why it might feel like you aren’t receiving the best rewards every time, I do feel like this is a fair system. The omega chests are supposed to guarantee one new rare or legendary item each time. Having two items would be a little over the top in my opinion, especially since you’re guaranteed at least a rare item.

Also, when you open a chest, it is a gamble. You’re not always going to be guaranteed the best items, and I think that’s part of the fun of opening the chest.

There are a limited amount of cosmetics too, which is why I think opening one item per chest is fine. It will allow people to pace themselves and encourage them to get more chests.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  11. I disagree with this. Omega chest is supposed to be very rare, its rarity makes it extremely rewarding when you get the item you wanted. Giving away 2 legendary items like that wouldn't be good from a business perspective. -1

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  12. I'm not too happy with this change. The entire purpose surrounding Omega chests are how rare they are and how exclusive the cosmetics that can be received from them are. The only way to get them are from PPC or Eternal, so it really is a hard to get chest. Because of the fact that items can be brought back from previous times when you did not unlock them, there are some of the rarest items on the server that can be found in these.

This whole reasoning I just provided is the basis for why I do not believe it is correct to give players double the amount of items that they can get out of these chests. Other chests in this same category with super rare items only allow players to pick one item, and there are no posts/suggestions saying to change that, mainly because people understand that the more rare and exclusive the cosmetics are, the harder and harder they are to be won. Opening up one of these chests, no matter how exclusive the chest is, does not guarantee you the best items or the rarest ones.

Overall, I'm going to be disagreeing with this idea, mainly due to this bringing downtime value the chests currently carry with them and how this would change the rarity of the items found in them.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  13. If you dont want to get those rare or common items then i recommend you save up your omega chests until you have all or almost all cosmetics ( i recommend opening some illuminateds when you almost have evrything). that way you are guarranteed something special

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    Xukuwu likes this.
  14. Hey,

I can go 50/50 on this but I think I'm leaning more towards not implementing this. Omega chests are very rare and don't come often, so it could be fairer for the newer players if two omega chests were to available for one crate, but at the same time making this a feature could annoy older players or higher leveled players such as myself. If you were to buy power play club you would get two crates a month and the power play club reward, so that would be four omega chests a month for members like myself not including extra crates earned from other events.

If you would really like not to receive these common or rare items in chests I would highly consider earning all the possible rewards from illuminated chests and save up your omega ones. This would mean you only get older, rarer items and would be more beneficial to you. I think the current amount of chests is fair and unneeded of changing after some thought. -1, but nevertheless a good idea.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  15. Heyo!

This has been on my mind a lot and I don't think it is fair to only open 1 chest in an Omega Chest, considering they are not purchasable with shards and very rare. Also the fact that such a "rare" chest can only give you something like an uncommon pet cow (that was an example). But I think this should definitely be implemented.
    Ta Ta,
    Gardevoir

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  16. omg.. the ta ta legend has come... his power will be enough to make this an implemented feature x)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 14, 2019
    ✦Sean likes this.
  17. Although I see your point about the scarcity of omega chests and how players can get very unlucky with them, I do not think it would be beneficial to allow players to open two chests in omega chests. The reason for this, as stated above, is that it would simply be too overpowered. Omega chests give players the rarest cosmetics on Mineplex. It is a very unique chest that can be so powerful that you cannot purchase it with shards. Doubling the amount of omega chest rewards would throw off the balance of collecting cosmetics too much. The regular crate right below omega, illuminated, also gives you only one reward. My point is that, if this were implemented, by logic we would have to make illuminated give two rewards as well. These changes would just be too costly and would take away from the achievement of these crates. Thank you for suggesting this, but I am going to give a -1 for the reasons above. Have a nice day!

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  18. Omega crates are a high ranking chest and you could get very good things them from regardless of only being able to open one. If you are getting omegas chest and obtaining more rares than legendaries, then I insist you focus on opening more illuminated. Those will help you get those rares out of the way until you can open an omega and get legendaries. At least that's what I did and it worked. I see your frustration and I understand but omegas are really fine as they are as of now.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  19. Hey!

As much as I love this idea, I am going to disagree. Of course, like any other player, I would absolutely love having more chance to get Legendaries out of the crates, but it's just not ideal. Legendaries are supposed to be rare items, that you find not very often - hence the implementation of Omega Crates. Omega crates are the chests that are supposed to give you rarer items, once again, hence the fact you have more of a chance to find Legendaries out of them. And also, hence the fact that the Omega crates are rare themselves. Being an Eternal, you get one, just one, Omega Crate monthly. This almost signifies its rarity just by that. And because it has such awesome contents, therefore you are only allowed one chest to open.

Personally, I am going to give this idea -1.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  20. Heyo!

I see where you're coming from but I think Omega Chests' current state is fine. The whole idea of the chest is to get an item you've never gotten before. I think one is fine as it is as some of the rare items you get, it can be from past power plays and other rare stuff, and since Illuminated Chests' don't give two, why should Omega. Anyway, this is just my opinion on it, but I'm going to have to disagree.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Dec 15, 2019