• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Old Threads

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by CreeperChill, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreeperChill

CreeperChill

So basically, I had a lot of posts on the original Enjin page, and of those posts, I had a series called 'Banned!' [https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Opdn7Akc6kXbZx5bauFJjJiL3i5or5ScsUTD-i61gQ/edit] and it was basically just a sorta not-finished story that I wanted to finish on the new forums. I was just going to upload the new parts onto this forum and keep the old ones on the old forums as there'd be no use in copying it over.

I was wrong.

I want to at least people able to see my own old posts so I can post the banned series here again. It's frustrating knowing that the hours of work I put into those are now completely gone, even though I didn't work on it and I had basically quit Mineplex.

Please, just let me view these posts so I can put them here.
    --- Post updated ---
    bump
    pls respond xd

Posted Dec 7, 2018
  2. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

Hello,

It's honestly ridiculous that Mineplex has gone ahead and deleted 4 years of history here at Mineplex. There's no way of recovering old forum threads unless it's for Ideas Team. So I think that Mineplex needs to have an archive of the old website because I hate that I can't go and find ideas I used to post about in the old days.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Dec 7, 2018
  3. Unfavorited

Unfavorited

We lost a ton of content when we made this enjin to xen switch so it's kinda sad. There were a ton of great threads there and memories. Not that the threads are totally gone but archived so we can't see it. I do think that this enjin to xen change was very much needed though. Xen is way more flexible and easy to use. Hopefully we can make more memories here on Xen!

Posted Dec 7, 2018
    Vocaloiid and Wiz_Techno like this.
  4. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

@BlueBeetleHD @t3hero Do you guys have a reason that the forums have been archived and like years of memories and forum posts were erased.

Posted Dec 7, 2018
  5. Marzie

Marzie

I sent this thread to Jarvis and he will be following up with BlueBeetle on what's happening with old threads and all that, so just look for a response from me, Jarvis or BlueBeetle soon

Posted Dec 8, 2018
  6. z609

z609

I do think that the switch to XenForo was certainly worth it; but obviously, the concern and issue in regards to older content is something that is on my mind, and I do think that it should be addressed by the Admin+ team. Hopefully this being sent to the admin team will get this resolved soon(TM). I do agree that just removing access to so much information isn't the best idea--of course, I think it would be great to have https://enjin.mineplex.com/ as an archive where users cannot respond, but can still view old threads. It'd be extremely useful and quite interesting to look back on. Thank you for your feedback.

Posted Dec 8, 2018
    MelonHead15 likes this.
  7. CreeperChill

CreeperChill

Thanks, everyone, for responding, I do agree with you guys that the change was necessary and Xen is so much smoother and nicer to use. Enjin is really sloppy and I do see the need for a change. Thank you for sending the thread up @Marzie .

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 11, 2018
    streetbump likes this.
  8. Fall

Fall

Would be nice to at least see the older posts un-archived. I was told that they were going to be available for viewing and they aren't so...

Posted Dec 12, 2018
    streetbump likes this.
  9. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Apparently they were locked to "keep interest in xenforo and avoid enjin" or something around that in marketing, according to what emmalie told us Nathan said. Something I highly disagree with. I really hope we do get an archive of the enjin forums, because it's really annoying knowing you have 5+ threads of ideas just locked on enjin that you can't access.

Posted Dec 12, 2018
  10. Marzie

Marzie

Yes, we know this reason. I forwarded this thread specifically to Jarvis and Nathan though to see if something can be done about it. I'll check in with them later today

Posted Dec 12, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  11. streetbump

streetbump

same. i wish they had a backup server lol :/

Posted Dec 18, 2018
  12. Pancake_7

Pancake_7

Hey
    Unfortunately there is no way to access old files, but perhaps higher up staff can do something about it.
    Good luck on finding those threads and have a good day!

Posted Dec 18, 2018
  13. Sven

Sven

I had some pretty nostalgic forum posts back in the day. It would be nice to see them again. Thanks for bringing this to light and hopefully something can be done! :)

Posted Dec 18, 2018
  14. Marzie

Marzie

As you may or may not have heard, they will be reopening the forums for a short perios of time for those that wanted another look at them. More information can be found here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/access-to-the-old-forums-appeals-update.20701/

With that being said, I'll go ahead and lock this thread as the idea/suggestion has been done. Message me with questions or concerns. o/

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    z609 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.