• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9667 Players Online
  • 6777 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Old Mineplex Forum Account Gone?

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by xTrundle, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now, I know that Mineplex has migrated over from Enjin, but would that seriously delete my forum account? I haven't played in a while, and I logged onto the forums after playing all day only to see that I have to create a new account and link my character all over again? I'd been on Mineplex forever, and it's a shame to see my old forum account go. This happen to anyone else?

Posted Jun 14, 2020
  2. Yes, all old forum accounts as well as user posts are inaccessible to the public. The change to XenForo really wasn't a "migration" so to speak as much as a completely fresh start. The new forums are hosted by Mineplex themselves whereas they were previously owned by a completely separate company, so migrating old content wasn't a realistic/possible option. It does suck that so much was lost, but I think the new forums are a big improvement.

Posted Jun 14, 2020
    510bike likes this.
  3. It’s a shame that it had to happen, but it’s also worth it for this new website and all the amazing features. Enjin had a lot of issues and restricted certain features being implemented. All members had to create a new account.

Enjin as a website still exists, therefore you can login to your account and view your dashboard and any wall posts you made. You can’t view your forum posts, but it’s nice to read wall posts. Simply login on the Enjin website.

Posted Jun 14, 2020
  4. Hi there! Enjin is a completely different platform to XenForo (what the new website is on), and when you made a Mineplex forums account on the Enjin forums, you were making an account that could only be used on Enjin forums. When the switch to XenForo was made, everyone had to make a new account, as you can't use an Enjin account on XenForo.

Your Enjin account will still exist on the Enjin website, however, as I already mentioned, this can not be used on the new Mineplex website. Hope you understand!

Posted Jun 14, 2020
    510bike likes this.
  5. Hello.
    As the users have stated above, your old forums account should still exist. Unfortunately since Mineplex transferred to another website host, old profiles weren’t able to migrate to the new site. Unlike now, Mineplex’s old site was part of the global enjjn community and forums profiles were considered enjin profiles. You won’t be able to log into your old profile on Mineplex’s old site as that no longer exists, but you should be able to log in through the official enjin forums or another enjin website that you are a part of.
    If you remember your old email/password you should be able to log-in fine. If for whatever reason it isn’t working, try resetting your password or getting in contact with Enjin support.
    Since the OP’s concern has been addressed, I will now lock this thread.
    Please message me with any additional questions or concerns.

Posted Jun 14, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.