• 3449 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11887 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Old Games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Knazamn, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heyo!

I thought of this for a while. Could Mineplex use it? You may not know what I am talking about. Here. Read this.

For a whole month, Mineplex would have all the old games would come back. As players start playing them, you will see what games are popular and what are not. So if some games are popular and some aren't, then you will know what the community likes. As the month progresses, you will see what players enjoy. At the end of the month, the games that were popular, can be added back to Mineplex. The games that weren't popular would be removed, and only playable through MPS. If one was popular, and the rest weren't, you would take all the games that weren't of players liking, and remove them to MPS. This is so games that were old, got removed, and if some players miss them, then players would be happy. Also, this might bring players back.
    What do you think?
    You can always leave suggestions!
    Thank you.
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  2. Herro!

This ideas has been suggested in the past and was denied. While yes it would be good to find player interest, the games will likely die again a while after if they get reimplemented. Players are bound to play a limited time game more than they would if it was a permanent game type. Information would be inaccurate and not reliable enough for accurate data towards readding the popular ones. It would also take a good amount of dev time to set up, and I would rather see that time spent on an new game that could bring a new players to the server.

This idea has been denied in the past, and I suspect it will be denied again for the reasons stated above. While I like the idea of reintroducing deleted games, I don't think it would be worth the effort. -1

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    pzazz and Dulciloquy like this.
  3. I believe that Wizards max player count was 24 and I'd suggest bringing it back w/ a max of 12/16
    and just flat out bring back Castle Assault.
    As for other games (if brought back) would be re-implemented only after the Anti-Cheat update.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  4. I see the idea of this, however; it (in a way) has already been done. Over the years, Mineplex would continually monitor the popularity of each game a server they add new ones.. as new games come in, existing ones become less popular they’d either be updated or removed from the network and these games become “old” games.. I don’t see a reason why we should flood the network with every single game that ever existed, it’s not worth the risk of spreading out the player-base thin all for data we likely already have.

For that reason it’s going to be a -1 for me

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  5. Hey!

I think that, like n8 said, adding them back permanently would be a bit of a stretch, but I do think slowly bringing them back as limited time game modes could definitely bring Mineplex some publicity and some higher player counts since some players’ favorite game modes could be returning. It definitely would add to the fun aspect of Mineplex as well and I think it’d be great for the community!

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  6. In an ideal scenario, where games never require bugfixes or gameplay changes, this idea could quite possibly work out. The problem with adding such a large amount of games temporarily is not just stretching the playerbase, it's also maintaining them that would cause problems. A permanent addition of more than one game at a time hasn't been made for a really long time and for valid reasons. On the other hand, reintroducing the "removed games cow" is something I know a lot of players would be in support of.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  7. Heya!

I believe that at the moment Mineplex is quite alright for games I think if we were to do this then we would need to remove our least played game currently. This would cause a split in the player base and right now I believe every game (or nearly every game) gets a decent amount of players to keep it going to breaking that up and seperating players out could have an impact on the current games.

Due to this, I believe this could cause frustration as people's favourite games currently would be removed and this cycle would continue and receive quite a bit of backlash from the community. And as stated above, people would probably only play these games due to them being out for limited time, and then perhaps when they are permanently implemented players would stop playing and get bored which could cause issues as we would be spending already limited dev time on games that people aren't really playing.

Great idea and thank you for sharing and putting thought into it but it's gonna be a -1

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  8. Not saying this option is viable, but what we could do is get rid of some of the lesser played games own servers in Mixed Arcade since we have the option to scroll through them now in the main Mixed Arcade queue.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  9. This idea has already suggested, and it was denied several times in the past. I don't think it's possible to bring all the old games back. I'll have to agree with @n8wes's response above. The games will likely be going to die again after they get reimplemented. I understand that some players are frustrated after their favorite games were removed from the server.

Overall, I'll have to disagree with bringing back the old games to the server. -1

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  10. It's been discussed before in the past but unfortunately has been denied. We'd love to see a return of our old games to Mineplex but as of right now, this isn't a possibility. In the future, if we had more resources to bring back our old games, it could definitely be considered but for right now, we're going to keep these games removed. Luckily, we have some of these games that are playable in our MPS's but bringing them back wouldn't do much, as seen that most of the old games weren't as popular in the past and we wouldn't want the same thing to happen again. I'll be marking the thread as "Not Planned" since we're not planning on doing this as of right now. PM me if you have any questions regarding the reason.

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Aug 25, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.