• 517 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2725 Players Online
  • 2208 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ok seriously Pig is freakin’ broken

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Hillly, Sep 27, 2020.

?

Should they nerf pig?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    70.0%
  3. This post was unclear & poorly made. I will respond with how it can be improved in a reply.

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. This Post is Going to Go into Extreme Depth as to Why Pig is the Most Broken Kit in the Game of Super Smash Mobs and Needs a Nerf

Pig's Abilities:

Bouncy Bacon:
    -Ability to act as a rod for more than 5 hits in a row

Problem w/ Bouncy Bacon
    -Bouncy Bacon in a corner can effectively act as a rod for melee and knockback hits. This will be super effective in any corner of a map that has hills or cliffs. It's also super broken for the edge guarding and has no penalty if you miss. It also gives damage on contact which is even more broken than a fishing rod. Let me also say that because Bouncy Bacon stays on the ground at all times even if the player dies and can later on pick those up upon the next life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bacon Bomb:
    -Acts as a penalty for touching the ground

Problem w/ Bacon Bomb
    -Pigs can camp in the air using their Bacon Bomb and spam it continuously throwing people off and providing damage when the opponent tries to double jump in the air to attack the pig. When the player lands they will take 2-3 Bacon Bombs dealing extreme damage and will have no chance beating the pig at that point. This is insanely broken when players expect a pig to come down when in fact, they only spam their Bacon Bomb to go higher in the air and deal more and more damage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nether Pig Form:
    -Gives player full iron when they get low and their exp bar completely filled

Problem w/ Nether Pig Form
    - Do I even need to really say anything about Nether Pig Form? When you're about to die the game just decides to give you full armor and full exp bar to spam your abilities that are already completely broken? This does not add up with how the rest of the game is played and this is literally game breaking mechanics.

Summary:
    -Pig is broken and needs to be completely nerfed to the ground. Not a single good Spider, Zombie, Enderman, Guardian, Creeper, Witch, Golem, or even a Skeleton. Not a single pro player can beat this kit and that's broken. I've seen multiple professional players try and fail beating Pig Kit. I've seen really good players get 4 stocked by any skill level of pig player. My suggestions would be to remove the Nether Pig, half the damage of all the abilities, give pig 75% of its armor that it has now, give it 2.5 regen, 3 attack, and have the exp bar go 60% of its current speed.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Flamesie and Mitchy like this.
  2. I am just going to say flat out that I am a mediocre SSM player. And I have beaten Pig users plenty of times using Spider and Creeper. So, I am willing to bet you are definitely over exaggerating when you claim "not a single pro player can beat it" or "I've seen really good players 4 stocked any skill level of the pig player." With that being said; does Pig have some quirks that make him a nuisance to deal with? Of course he does. Are those said quirks game breakingly broken though? No.

And before you ask: "bUt HoW I DeAL wiTh PiG tHeN?" The answer is simple. Learn from your experiences fighting Pig players. Use those past experiences to patch up any flaws in your playstyle. And most importantly: experiment with all the kits. Sure it's fun to be a master at one particular class. But I feel it's much more beneficial to have knowledge of more than one kit as it may you give an alternative option to fighting a player whom uses a kit that counters your own.

Hopefully this advice will help you out in some way, shape or form.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  3. huh this reminds me of something else :]

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  4. Pig go oink

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  5. Pig go REEEEET as well

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Lyzardguy, Ryan9116, Paladise and 6 others like this.
  6. Pig main here. Yes, the kit is annoying, but it also kinda sucks if I'm gonna be honest. You can use like 3 bacon bombs at most (normal form), and it's probably the worst recovery in the world. Just knock it offstage a good bit and it'll not be able to recover at all. Bouncy Bacon is annoying, but you just gotta dodge. I've met some people where I couldn't even hit them with bacon. Anyway, kit balanced, good day.

Posted Oct 3, 2020
  7. I'd say slowing down the xp bar is enough. Pig's extremely ability reliant so nerfing xp bar fixes everything.

Nether pig form is a bit excessive too. It's like pig activates a smash crystal every time it's on low health.

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  8. With every mob being the most overpowered kit in SSM you wonder why so many people have issues playing this game

Posted Oct 4, 2020
    Paladise and SpyNinja__ like this.
  9. Chicken.
    Magma.

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    TheStudentUnion likes this.
  10. Pigs literally turn into Parrots instead of Zombie Pigman on the latest version lmao

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    Lyzardguy and Paladise like this.
  11. The recovery of a pig is terrible though - sure it has it's strengths but knock it off a platform and it's basically dead

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    Paladise, kim_crazy and Anna-Marie like this.
  12. What even is this? Pig is definitely one of the weaker kits.

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  13. I think this thread is a perfect example of somebody not knowing how to counter a kit in SSM, so they think it is overpowered. As has been stated above, this simply isn't the case. Pig has an extremely bad recovery, so if you can get it off the edge, you can usually kill it. This is not the first of these types of threads I've seen, and I find it really annoying to see threads like this be made. SSM is a game that needs a new balancing update, however that doesn't mean every time you have trouble countering a kit it is overpowered. Overall, I think that pig is not OP, but like any other kit in SSM, can sometimes be hard for players to fight it when they don't know how to counter it.

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  14. I didn’t even read it yet but I voted no to make it 69% :P

Posted Oct 20, 2020 at 3:54 PM
  15. Thank you for your contribution to the minepleck network

Posted Oct 20, 2020 at 9:24 PM
    Lyzardguy likes this.
  16. I’m assuming this is for JAVA edition, I just saw some thing that said “pigs are broken!” And clicked on it... = /

Posted Oct 20, 2020 at 9:35 PM
  17. Yes, you are correct. If your look on the top left, you can see it falls in the java/PC games category

Posted Oct 20, 2020 at 9:46 PM
  18. SSM? I havent played SSM in ages bruh

Posted Oct 20, 2020 at 11:27 PM
  19. Why pig broken now

Posted Oct 20, 2020 at 11:29 PM