• 1864 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8085 Players Online
  • 6221 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official Official Super Smash Mobs Tierlist/Match-up Thread

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Cabob, Jan 21, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

Hey guys! It's your boy, the SSM Game Insights lead. I'm here to welcome you to the collaborative OFFICIAL Smash Tier list/Match-up Forum Thread. This is the newest group community thread regarding an "official" tier list and match-up spectrum for Super Smash Mobs. Here you can find new listings of mob tiers as well as a voting thread and healthy discussion about the game itself. This thread aims at providing a basis at which you will be able to view the current and previous Tierlists, view the current community match-up chart and also discuss with other members about Smash!

The community match-up document is the newest addition and contains a lot of info inside. If you aren't just here for tier lists and want to see the strengths and weaknesses of your favorite kits in detail, go check out the document. It has a lot more details and goodies than this thread. The document link is found in the matchups section below.

However, there are a few rules. Normal Mineplex Forum Rules apply in this thread. We also request that you keep chat and discussion clean. Any external drama or toxicity harbored towards other members will result in action taken against you. We want to keep this thread open so creating toxic drama will be negative for the Smash community. Thank-you for abiding by these rules :)

[​IMG]

It is a list that defines each Kit's performance in game, accounting all of its unique attributes, match-ups, and overall meta-game structure. This list does not in any way define the outcome of a match. The biggest factor in a game is always the decisions, reactions, and just overall individual performance from the player themselves. The tier list's purpose is to group each Kit in the appropriate category of performance, to implement them side-by-side with all the Kits, and give justice to the ones with the better overall performance as a Kit solely.

The Current Tierlist - SSM v6.1.0 (as of 21/1/19)
    [​IMG]

https://imgur.com/W0ogfAj - Version 6a (18/7/2015)
    https://imgur.com/nHg7hXo - Version 6b (3/12/2015)
    https://imgur.com/Fv75oFf - Version 6c (10/12/2015)
    https://imgur.com/P8pyCrt - Version 2.0.0 (18/2/2016)
    https://imgur.com/m41U802 - Version 2.0.1 (11/5/2016)
    https://imgur.com/NW8omiZ - Version 2.0.2 (9/6/2016)
    https://imgur.com/V2HPEJs - Version 5.3 (5/3/2018)

[​IMG]

An organized chart depicts a prediction on how each kit faces up against each other in a competitive one versus one environment. The list shows each individual kit's matchup against each kit in the game, by showing their chances of beating that kit. The chart is not supposed to directly influence tier list rankings or the outcome of the actual match. They are simply predictions based on each kit's metagame structure.

The Current Matchup Document - SSM v2 (as of 21/1/19)

Matchup Doc : )

The Current Matchup Tier List - SSM v2.1 (as of 21/1/19)
    [​IMG]

SoonTM

[​IMG]

We welcome everyone who would like to join the Super Smash Mobs group here on the Mineplex Forums! Within the group is collaborative videos, links, and discussions about different topics for Smash! We also have a unique and public active discord for anyone who would like to join. So feel free to join with this link:

SmashGroup <3

> We would like to thank everyone who contributed over the years to these lists as-well-as our more recent people of the community who put in a lot of effort, spending hours sometimes staying up very late at night though 5+ hour calls to complete these. Special thanks to @Cabob, @Jam, @Pupett, @BookMarker, @CubicB & @Niervaco for putting up with the long hours and grueling arguments. Special thanks to Jam for doing up this sweet forum thread and doing all the graphics for the lists thanks mannn (:
    Also special thanks to the real Kermit for helping us out, what a sick dude!

> This thread will continually be updated and checked up with the latest lists, data and maybe some voting in the future, so make sure to stay subbed to this forum so you don't miss out on the updates. These updates will also be filtered through the discord and the Smash Group.

> Made in collaboration with members of SSM Game Insights and the Smash Council.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Posted Jan 21, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 21, 2019
    Mitchy, Jaek, Yato and 13 others like this.
  2. Jam
    x

First (:

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    xOeuf, BookMarker and Cabob like this.
  3. Second (:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2019
    BookMarker and Jam like this.
  4. First :D

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    hellcqt likes this.
  5. Jam
    x

I think you misspelt "Third"

((:

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    Bonse likes this.
  6. Doesnt that mean you misspelt it too since we said the same thing ;)

Posted Jan 21, 2019
  7. Jam
    x

But unlike your message, mines actually positioned first so (((:

Posted Jan 21, 2019
  8. yes 7th omg
    Still waiting on that ssm update

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    Task and Bonse like this.
  9. We'd also like to assure that no Guardian Bias was present while creating this tierlist

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    Wiz_Techno, xOeuf, Cabob and 2 others like this.
  10. Jam
    x

Creeper mains keep those guardians in check soo... I keep my eye on Cabobo to make sure he doesn't sneak in any true damage buffs

((:

Posted Jan 21, 2019
  11. Rip my main is a C rating :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Why does Magma have to suck ?!

Posted Jan 21, 2019
  12. Jam
    x

Super bad matchups, poorly designed moveset with lacking prior form damage capabilities. Most mobs can deal with cube quite easily and it's moveset is pretty wonky. Even fireball can just be nullified by reflecting it away and you can walk to dodge flame dash half the time.

But the kit was designed in a era for entertainment rather than game balance and fluidity. Like back in the day it had 3.5 armour or something but got up to 9 damage per hit. And it's been designed as the running kit (even tho spider and wolf do it better).

:crazysigils:

Posted Jan 22, 2019
    Crash and Bonse like this.
  13. What would you think on a constant size rather than a dynamic one (its second smallest size), magma blast cannot be deflected, and you cannot be hit while in flame dash? Annd maybe a slight damage increase (by 1).

Posted Jan 22, 2019
  14. Jam
    x

Me personally (and others too esp @Niervaco) would love to see magma reworked basically. I enjoy the form changes with "fuel the fire" and I think having those size modifiers there is good. I just think the moveset is lackluster. Flame Dash is ok but could be tweaked to be better and more versatile and I would love to see fireball replaced with something more dynamic and interesting. There have been a lot of rework ideas floating around for cube in recent times...

Posted Jan 22, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  15. Maybe because it has smaller hit-box and have one of the greater abilities.
    if you compare it too enderman, all thing it can do it teleport, throw blocks. (I know you can teleport anywhere if you crouch, but it takes like 5 seconds and I never found anyone using that often so,,)

Posted Jan 22, 2019
  16. I think you're a bit confused, it being in C tier means it's bad in high level play, not good. Also not sure what you're talking about when referring to "one of the greater abilities", neither magma's passive or moves are that good and each one of them has very obvious flaws, I wouldn't call any of them "one of the greater abilities".
    And enderman is one of the best kits in the game, that's why it's so high on the tier list.

Posted Jan 22, 2019
  17. I personally found using enderman as a harder kit to use.
    And I found other better players to use this kit.
    I think this graph shows about what kit is harder to use but great if you are good at it.
    And by greater abilities, I mean the better abilities compared to other kit's abilities.
    And those c tiers, those kits are great even without skills.
    like chicken, you can just fly around, spam Ariel Gunner and since having small hit-box compared to others, kits for beginners.

Posted Jan 22, 2019

18. The kits in the tier list (referring to the top one, not the matchup one) are showcasing how good they are when they're theoretically mastered. Kits in C tier showcase the kits which have the lowest potential even when played by a player that has mastered them. Those kits might be great for beginners, but that doesn't mean they're good in high levels of play.

Enderman might be hard to use but that doesn't mean it's a bad kit, not at all.

Magma's abilities aren't good when compared to most kits abilities, they have their strengths but each of them has an obvious flaw- Magma blast can be reflected, Flame dash is only a horizontal recovery which means it has to use Magma blast as well if it wants to recover both vertically and horizontally which puts it in a disadvantage, and can also make recovering really tough at times and easy to screw up on certain maps. Fuel the fire increases magma's damage up to 8 damage, but also increases its size.

Chicken is often agreed upon among players to be the weakest in the game. There are a couple reasons why-
    1- Terrible stats. 5 armor points, 4.5 melee, 200% kb taken. All of those are the worst in the game. It also has an average 0.25 regen, that doesn't compensates for its terrible armor.
    2- Below average abilities that require you to get close in order to get solid hits, which really doesn't go well with chicken's horrible armor. Egg blaster can be used as a tool for gimping, but besides that it's pretty bad, has low range and low damage, I think it can be considered as the worst projectile in the game. Chicken missile is chicken's main source of damage, and can do quite a lot if you manage to consistently hit with it. Problem with the missile is that it's pretty slow when compared to other projectiles (and as such more dodgeable), and if chicken misses it has a long cooldown other players can use to get in there and deal some solid damage.
    3- Flap is fairly slow. It offers chicken a lot of utility when it comes to dodging and momentum cancelling, but it's not fast enough to get away from many kits which really makes it tough for chicken to survive. Bad armor + not being able to get away isn't a good combination. Flap can be really good and abuseable in Oriental Gardens (which is why flap is planned to get a nerf to its vertical height) but it's not as good in most of them and struggles to get away. Orietntal gardens is the exception, there are a few others that are also pretty good for chicken but they're nothing like gardens in terms of how abuseable they are.

The small hitbox helps it yes, but doesn't help enough to cover up its horrible armor, and experienced players don't struggle as much to hit chickens. The hitbox doesn't help at all against projectiles since it uses the player's hitbox, which makes it really vulnerable to them.

Arial Gunner is a smash crystal, which aren't really discussed when taking about how good a kit is, but compared to other smashes its also pretty bad.

Posted Jan 22, 2019
    Mitchy, kyc and Cabob like this.
  19. I agree with most of this list other then 2 things. I just want an explanation btw. Why is creeper not in S+ when it is the most broken kit in the game? I mean sure I main snowman and it literally counters me but I've used other kits and the ongoing strategy for creeper is run sulfur bomb run repeat. Also, I kinda feel snowman should go lower since the kit depends entirely on pvp and I've seen so many high level ssm players who are bad at pvp in general. If I could get an explanation that would be appreciated.

-Shore

Posted Jan 22, 2019
    CCozy likes this.
  20. Look at the match up chart and you will have yiur answer.

Posted Jan 22, 2019