• 2159 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2159 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ocelot Ssm Kit Abilities

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Croseys, Oct 5, 2020.

?

Do these abilities and stats work?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Hello!
    You may or may not have seen my thread about adding the ocelot kit to ssm.
    If you have not, you can check it out here https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ssm-ocelot-kit.161406/
    These are just my ideas/opinions on what abilities could fit for the ocelot, I would love to see what you guys have for them too!
    Let me know what your ideas are.
    Anyways, here are the abilities.

Cat Cloak:
    After being hit a bunch of times, and being very weak, using your stealth skills, you gain 3 seconds of invisibiltiy to get away(edited)
    However, if you are hit before 3 seconds, you must wait another 15 seconds to use it again.
    7 Second cool down. Tool: Axe

Scratchy Claws:
    You start to become very impatient, and you want to kill something with your claws.
    You shoot out 5 spikes in the direction you are looking, and get flung in the opposite direction(edited)
    5 Second cool down. Tool: Sword

Animal Spree:
    After a long day of killing chickens, and nowhere else to put them, you decide to cover yourself in them for more protection(edited)
    10 Second cool down. Tool: Shovel

Smash Crystal: You gain speed III and strength II
    You also summon four baby ocelots to fight along side you
    However, the baby ocelots are one hit, but do some damage to your enemies

Armor: Chain leggings, Chain Boots.
    Armor When the player uses animal spree: Leather Helmet, Iron Chestplate, Chain leggings, Chain Boots
    Let me know if you have different ideas.
    Peace out mineplexians

Posted Oct 5, 2020
    IEATYOU likes this.
  2. yes

Posted Oct 5, 2020
  3. i think itll work

Posted Oct 5, 2020
  4. You are quite vague in these descriptions for these abilities, you should say the damages for each attack, and a better description of what they actually do.

As for the cloak ability, im not sure how it would work out, and I also dont understand how players should get rewarded for constantly getting hit. A terrible strategy I see (against ranged kits) is to attack someone, then after they hit you use cloak then hide behind a block until you are full or if you get the cloak again. Invisibility, while being an interesting concept, is probably gonna cause some problems in terms of balancing.

Also, for the ideas for adding new kits in general. While I don't mind them, we really don't need any new kits. Especially if the current ones aren't balanced. Adding a new kit to the mess that is the ssm matchups could throw things off even more.

Posted Oct 5, 2020
    Grant138 likes this.
  5. Hey!
    I do see your point on thinking I was quite vague while making the descriptions
    I guess I was just thinking about it too much, haha.
    Thanks for your reply and I can see your point of view on this
    Peace out!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 6, 2020
  6. He’s providing a concept which is always okay. I understand your point on not needing new kits, but someone providing a new concept kit doesn’t mean that it’s a priority, nor does it mean balancing isn’t required. It’s like if mojang replied to peoples new minecraft ideas on Reddit saying “nah dude we’re already working on the next update.”

Posted Oct 7, 2020
  7. I didnt say it was a bad thing that he made a new concept, and it could definately be discussed in the future. I was simply trying to say that adding new kit to the current mess that is ssm matchups may not be a good idea right now, and that mineplex probably won't be adding new kits for a while, and if they are, they shouldn't add them at least without testing it.

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  8. That’s a given though. No ones really saying add them right now. I might be mistaken but it looked like you were entirely dismissing his idea.

Posted Oct 7, 2020
  9. This... Is... GLORIOUS. I just think as someone else mentioned the damage for each attack should be listed, as should the melee damage

Posted Oct 7, 2020
  10. While true, I dont think that the cloak ability would last forever. It would last for at most 5 seconds or until you hit or get hit.

Posted Oct 7, 2020
  11. I wasn't, I just explained the flaws of it and why it shouldnt be added at THIS TIME. He didnt state whether it should be added now or later, if he did, I would have only said the flaws of the idea.

A lot can happen in 5 seconds imo, especially if you give the kit a double jump while in its cloak.

Posted Oct 7, 2020
  12. Not really.... If you hit or be hit then you lose your invisibility. Then the only things that could possibly happen in 5 seconds is you running or positioning behind an opponent.

Posted Oct 8, 2020
  13. Hey!

I appreciate the effort you put into making this kit seemed as balanced as possible. One of the things I do like is how you choose to give the ocelot an invisibility ability instead of speed which I commonly seen when people suggest an ocelot kit. The reason I like invisibility way more than speed is simply because there is not really a stealth type kit in the game and also because a speed ability mixed with the ocelots small size will make it impossibly hard to hit. I noticed that for the smash crystal ability you decided to give it some speed, strength, and also summon minions. Personally I would remove the speed and Strength abilities because that is really similar to the wolf's smash crystal. I do not like how the armor increases after you get kills, I think that the ocelot should keep the same amount of armor, preferably a low amount of armor. This is because of the ocelots small size, it would be really annoying to have to attack the same tiny object over and over again and it just keeps getting more defense. Anyways, these are my thoughts on your idea! Good luck!

Posted Oct 8, 2020
  14. I do rly like the idea of an ocelot kit. Like why hasn't it been added yet? Its got a thin hitbox so I feel like it needs to be super speedy but low armor. Maybe just more than chicken since this seems to be a melee kit.

Posted Oct 8, 2020
  15. So basically a wolf 2.0

Posted Oct 8, 2020
  16. Well I am a cat person, so we shall bring the proverbial dogs vs cat war to ssm as well!

Posted Oct 8, 2020
  17. Hm... Makes sense. I don't think the armor should be as bad as chicken, but I think that Ocelot would be the new fastest kit

Posted Oct 8, 2020
  18. Yo, I know this is an old thread... But what if the ocelot had a copy cat feature?
    Their secondary attack can mimic a weaker version of one of their opponents.
    I have no idea how this would work, seeing a ocelot explode like a creeper, or use bone rush. It would be too confusing.
    But it kind of has a new technique to it.
    This is just an idea, no real thoughts implemented into this/

Posted Nov 16, 2020