• 1554 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7232 Players Online
  • 5678 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

No skill kits

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by _SquishE, Feb 17, 2020.

1. @AnInnocentLlama You are right about spider being a useful kit, except when it comes to creeper, but I still think chicken can still be a pretty op kit. It does make it hard for those who might be new to the game and are trying hit a small mob, but that can be why it has the weakest health, I think.

Posted Feb 21, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 21, 2020
  2. @_SquishE I couldn't agree more. I think it also needs to be nerfed. I remember this one time I used sulfur bomb and it made someone flew across almost the whole map and die, although It was kinda hilarious.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  3. Spider is a pretty hard counter to Creeper. If you dodge a single Sulphur you can jump in and stay on top of them, and even if you trade hits you have better base stats so you just kill them.

If creeper tries to go into you or Explode to recover, both Web Spin and Needler can stop that pretty easily.

Spider being better at things Wolf can do at a high level doesn't mean Wolf suddenly isn't still insane for pubs

Hitbox doesnt make a kit overpowered, but it does change how it has to be balanced, and in Wolves case it's been a lot better than it should be for a long time now.

Creeper losing hard to a couple kits doesn't mean it isn't objectively very good

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  4. I still disagree. What you’re saying is dodge Sulphur bomb and melee the creeper. Sure you can do that, but that’s assuming the creeper can’t melee. Since spider has better armor, it would easily win a melee match. However, the only thing I’m complaining about is the amount of knockback Sulphur bomb does. Even if the spider dodges the Sulphur bomb, it recharges in 3 seconds. A creeper main who’s actually good would still hit most Sulphur bomb hits, and missing one wouldn’t make a huge difference in the match.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 21, 2020
  5. missing one means the spider is already on top of you and either out hitting you or just out-trading you with their higher stats

Spiders kit (wall climb CC, directed double jump, web spin, etc.) lets it turn the matchup into a DPS race once it gets in, and Spider will always wins that against Creeper

When I used to play a lot I picked up Spider as a pocket pick against Creepers, and even vs. other good players and with me not practicing Spider, it was definitely in my favor

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  6. You fail to mention the main part of this game. The fact that meleeing is the only option because of lightning shield means the spider cannot use needler often. If the creeper uses explosion as it’s recovery, yes, spider would be able to knock it back using needler. I’ve went against good creepers (considering there’s always at least 1 creeper in a game) and most can trade hits until they have Sulphur bomb recharged. That’s the thing. All the creeper has to do is be able to trade hits and shoot more Sulphur bomb that do 20000% knockback. Basically, creeper can use Sulphur bomb without a punishment, but if spider were to use needler, lightning shield disables the option to melee, giving the creeper more time to recharge Sulphur bomb or run away if they are low.

OP OP
  7. I can gaurantee you right now that once you throw a semi-decent players into the mix that knows how their kit works, the dynamic of the matchup shifts considerably in Spiders favor

This sounds like a player skill issue

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  8. You’re still missing the point. If a semi decent spider went up against a semi decent creeper, like I said in my other posts, the outcome would depend on the map. My point is, disabling a kit from using it’s special consistently while giving the opposing kit a high knock back low recharge special is not fair. Let’s say the “semi decent” spider knows how to pvp well, maybe even better than the creeper, and wins. Sure the spider won, but a semi decent creeper would be able to aim its Sulphur bomb. Lightning shield in the end disabled the needler melee combo many spiders use. I think they should nerf lightning shield so it’s duration is shorter. Or they nerd Sulphur bomb to do less KB.

OP OP
  9. The way you get a kill with bone horse is bone kick someone off the edge, and then when they get close again you crouch and bone rush. The bones will just push them into the void for you. It is edge-guarding for people with 3 brain cells.
    If bone rush had 0 kb or whatever similar to inferno (not sure that's possible but you see my point) then it would be better. The damage doesn't bother me.

Anything there is to say about the other stuff has already been said so I'll leave it there.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  10. I think a nerf to the knockback, damage, and cooldown and decreasing the duration of bone rush is enough to fix the horse kit.

I agree horse takes the least skill and its just run and ability spam. To this day, I only know of one skilled horse player.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  11. A semi-decent spider wouldn't lose to a semi-decent Creeper

You objectively do not need Needler in this matchup for combos, if you are trying to use needler combos on Creeper... that's a player skill issue

Lightning shield is not fundamentally unbalanced at all

SB getting some smaller nerfs is definitely reasonable, I totally agree with that

Posted Feb 26, 2020