• 1380 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7403 Players Online
  • 6023 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

No skill kits

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by _SquishE, Feb 17, 2020.

1. I think these kits should be nerfed, because literally EVERYONE (except for the users) is complaining about them, including me.

Wolf: Ravage is not necessary, considering it has cub tackle which is no skill spin web and it has a smaller hitbox.

Creeper: Just Sulphur bomb spam and win the game. The kit every 9 year old uses after they lose.

Skeleton Horse: Bone rush does too much, deadly bones is not needed.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  2. I'm going to be honest with you. These are the same three kits that annoy me the most too for the same reasons you stated above. People complain about this a lot but I don't think that anything will be done to fix it.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  3. Ok, the kits are not no skill, you can creeper 1v1 me if you want. I tried wolf once and I died a lot. Creeper isn't as op as people think. Wolf is annoying but usually you can work around it. I do agree skeleton horse is a bit strong, but really, people complain too much about the wrong stuff.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  4. I do agree that creeper is too OP.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  5. I agree with all of these. These are the kits that I find myself wishing not to fight since they can be very annoying. I don't know about other people but I also dislike fighting blazes. Everything other than firefly is fine. Firefly is to OP. Its cooldown is to low and it does a good amount of damage and a good amount of knockback.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  6. The creepers sulphur bomb knockback most of the time is insane, I remember getting launched across a whole map from getting hit by one. As for wolf once I get hit with Cub tackle if I manage to get away, it's with about 2 hearts or a bit more. There are a few kits that need a debuff, hopefully they do decide to tweak a few things in the future.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    xEspe0n likes this.
  7. I think you should make 1 million more threads just like this one it will surely help get the game updated

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  8. I dont really like fighting blazes either. But unlike you, I think inferno is worse than firefly. Many blazes just run away and spam inferno too much so I'll use blaze against them because it's immune to inferno. Firefly is a great recovery but it's inconsistent on dealing damage and knockback. You can also cancel firefly by hitting the blaze quickly right after it clicks on firefly. I also think that the cd for firefly should be increased because another annoying tactic for blaze is that they run away, but every 8 seconds they firefly themselves back into you.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    xEspe0n likes this.
  9. Hey,

Yeah, I agree with most of those changes.

Wolf: Ravage seems a little too OP if used correctly. I think that the duration of this passive ability should just be reduced to only lasting for 1-2 seconds as opposed to 3. That way the bonus damage is less likely to stack.

Creeper: I think that sulphur bomb does way too much damage considering that it's only got a short cooldown. The ability deals approximately 1.5 hearts to a player who has full chain armour, which is extremely substantial considering that the cooldown on the ability is only 3 seconds. I think that the best thing to do would be to increase the cooldown from 3 seconds to around 5-6.

Skeleton Horse: I 100% agree that Deadly Bones is unneccesary. It encourages players using all kits to engage in a fight against a skeleton horse from a long distance far too much. Whilst skeleton horses other abilities are also close range, I still think that a player would be more willing to fight in close range with a skeleton horse (if they had close range abilities) presuming that Deadly Bones didn't exist.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  10. Personally, I dislike wolf and chicken, it is true that creeper can be annoying and a bit too op, but what get's me more annoyed is when wolves have one of the smallest hit boxes. Chicken users just spam the chicken missile and egg thrower. They should probably nerf that and the flight limit.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  11. What I mean by “no skill” is you can use it for a day and get good at the kit. It’s definitely not like Sulphur bomb does insane knockback for an attack that only needs 3 seconds to recharge.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 18, 2020
    SpitefulNick and TheStudentUnion like this.
  12. Honestly it's more of a matter of the kits being overpowered than anything

there's pretty consistently been kits that people will complain about year after year because they have x or y balance issue, problem is the game doesn't get regular enough updates to you know... stop that

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  13. Give sulphur a higher codown, reduce duration of bone rush, increase cooldown of bone kick and decrease the knockback.

Theres not much wrong with wolf, just use a ranged kit against it and avoid the cub at all costs.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  14. Maybe not much wrong with it but maybe a damage debuff could not be too out of the question.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  15. For bone kick it is definately needed. At the moment it does too much damage for its cooldown. For sulphur if the cooldown increases then damage wont be as much of a problem.

There are many ways to counter wolf (if thats the kit you are referring to). Almost any kit has a way to counter wolf, you just need to utilize the ranged abilties to prevent the wolf from coming close and building up the ravage.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  16. Also lets not forget magma and slime. Both kits are not difficult to kill but they sure are annoying. They run from you when you try to fight them, but the second you start fighting someone else, they attack you. Their jump is what makes them difficult to chase down and magma in particular can stall the game and it has the second highest regen. Slime is also quite powerful due to the slime slam and attack combo which can do 5 hearts instantly.

Although both these kits take skill to win with them. They should still be a mention due to how annoying defensive magmas and slimes are to fight against.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  17. The kit has a highly spammable primary ability and a passive that denies PvP after being hit by any kind of projectile/ability. That is seriously powerful. Yes, it's definitely not the most overpowered kit, but the kit fares very well compared to others at the same skill level.

I agree, nerf creeper's shield as well but perhaps give it a slight armor buff with all of the listed nerfs. I feel that bone kick should have a lower amount of damage accredited to it, in order to nerf the rush/kick combo that can almost instantly kill most kits.

Wolf is still a kit that has a higher learning curve than any of these. Wolf cub is definitely strong, but there are ways to get past it (moving forwards and down a block will have it 'let go' of you), and it is a short-ranged ability. Wolf is definitely capable of pulling off those one-shot kill combos, which is what should be nerfed from the game completely - in that sense, wolf cub is fine, but its shovel ability should be nerfed, or ravage should be taken out of the game.

I'm not great at balancing kits; this is mostly personal opinion, but my stance on the whole nerfing issue is that kits should not have insanely short cooldowns on high-damage abilities, and any kit that can pull off a combo that drains 90% of another kit's health/can instantly kill certain kits (save chicken in this case), should be nerfed.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  18. Skele horse needs a nerf bad, with how strong bone rush and kick are they can just use their abilities and run forever. Also bone rush does so much damage that it discourages people from even trying to melee a horse when they could just pull it out any second and take half your health easily

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    Crash, Mitchy and TheStudentUnion like this.
  19. Wolf: Spider does everything wolf does but better with the exception of ravage.

Creeper: it can be annoying with sulphur bomb yes, but as a creeper main myself. I can firmly say that he loses hard to Spider, Skeleton, Zombie, Enderman.

Skeleton Horse: I don't have too much insight on him so I'll let you off here.
    Hitboxes don't = overpowered. A good spider can shut down Wolf, Creeper, and Chicken. Did I mention that chicken is considered the worst kit in the game too? It needs buffs if anything, not nerfs.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  20. As a spider main, I disagree when you claimed that it countered creeper. Spin web activates lightning shield, making needler the spiders only option. As for zombie and skeleton, I would agree to a certain degree. I would say the outcome of a skeleton/zombie vs creeper match would be based on the map. If it were to be a larger map such as skylands, the skeleton/zombie would probably win due to it being able to bow spam. If it were to be a smaller map such as radiant reef, the creeper would win. Honestly, the creeper would hit some Sulphur bomb hits no matter what the map is. This is the problem. Sulphur bombs KB is insane, and just being at the edge of the map would already put a player at a disadvantage. Lightning shield counters many kits, but I would say it’s fair because of creeper’s low armor. Just nerf the knockback of Sulphur bomb and everything should be fine.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 20, 2020