• 1798 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3882 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

No permanent Blacklists from clans.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Karrrrl124, Oct 17, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Could we change the ban system so that no blacklists are permanent? For example anti-afk script shouldn't be a permanent contagious Blacklist. There should be a period of time where blacklist evading would not be punishable for that offense past a certain amount of time. (around 100 days) That way the account with the blacklist would never be able to put into use the invalid hours but the owner of that account would still be able to play clans w/o blacklist evading past that 100 day period of time.

I just don't really understand why any ban would be permanent. Most of the offenses that require a permanent blacklist don't really hurt the playerbase in any way, unlike flying or using kill aura. I would enjoy playing clans again, but I really can't solely because of the fact that one of my accounts is banned permanently. I have also been told by a number of mods that clans blacklists are inviolable and can never be appealed for unless the ban is proven to be false.

Posted Oct 17, 2019
  2. Well, you need 20 hours to play on a hardcore clans server, so I can see why it would be a perma blacklist. I mean if you're also using an anti-afk script, who knows what else you might have tbh.

Plus, I'm not sure why people would tell you that you can't appeal your account unless you've used up all your appeals, which might be the case if you're saying a bunch of people have told you that you cannot appeal.

What's your main IGN that's banned/blacklisted? I'll send you a PM giving you more details on your specific situation if you want.

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    SpitefulNick, Intex and Xion like this.
  3. I mean you can just play on a vpn...

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  4. That would make it worse as it's against the rules I'm pretty sure

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  5. Don't think using a vpn is bannable, and he's already permanently blacklisted.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  6. VPNs are not allowed on Mineplex. If they were, then IP / Network bans would not exist. Your idea of using a VPN to get away from the permanent ban is just indirectly telling him to ban evade, which is against the rules. His only option is to appeal.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Im_Ken and SpitefulNick like this.
  7. No where in the rules are VPN's prohibited, and even in the rules for blacklist evasion it doesn't say you can't just get a new IP.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  8. Mineplex has antivpn usage.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  9. Yes but in the thread about it it never specifically says you can't use a vpn, just that most of them are blocked. While the best option here would be to appeal, it sounds like that would be impossible, meaning use of a VPN seems like the only option.

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  10. It may not specifically say that you are not allowed to use VPNs, which is fine, because some people need them for real reasons. However, in this player's case, you are suggesting to use it to bypass a punishment. Appealing is never impossible, unless you have already been forgiven for 2 [+1 special appeal] punishments.

Posted Oct 19, 2019
    Dallarth likes this.
  11. Hey!
    Let me quickly address this for you. The reasoning that anti-afk punishments result in a perm blacklist is due to the fact that 95% of the people who afk an alt are doing this to gain access to hardcore servers, in which they will hack in with this alt. Alongside this, it's usually not just one account but several. Which is why we may blacklist other accounts on the ip, to prevent alting the best that we can with a perm punishment to prevent players on that ip who alt. It may seem extreme to have it be perm vs 60 or 90, but do understand that the majority of players who afk accounts are doing it with the sole purpose to cheat on them.

I'll be locking this due to the question being addressed. If you have any other questions feel free to message me.

Posted Oct 19, 2019
    sledgangsteve, Im_Ken and Xion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.