• 2064 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2064 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

No Hope

Discussion in 'Clans' started by OniChqn, Nov 20, 2020.

1. I'm going to sound like the biggest crybaby but if clans reset doesn't come out by the beginning of December I'm going to officially lose all hope. I get that it's complicated but next time you say SoonTM for 4-5 months straight it really turns a guy into a pessimist. I would rather be told that clans reset is coming out 1-2 months after the scheduled date so that you would have time to fix anything and not rush on the game. You know how happy the clans community would be if the head Admin said, "yeah, we're actually ahead of our schedule so clans reset could be a month or so earlier." But instead, all we've been getting are maybes and empty SoonTMs.

Posted Nov 20, 2020
  2. I know for a fact that clans season 7 is being worked on but I do not know when it is coming, if you don't want to be disappointed, just think that the new season isn't coming and take it as a nice surprise when it does. I think they are trying to take their time with this one and get it right and it making forum posts complaining about the wait doesn't help anything at all. Literally all of us in the community want the reset, but I would rather the clans team take more time and get it right than rush it and do a sloppy job just to satisfy those who are unwilling to wait.

Posted Nov 20, 2020
    JacksonHD and Paiynz like this.
  3. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

Posted Nov 20, 2020
  4. I know its going to be released so how can I act like its not going to be?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 20, 2020
  5. Patience!

Posted Nov 20, 2020
  6. The CLANS RESET is almost here! NO need to worry. it will be soon, Mineplex always delivers on it's promises. Especially deadlines, so do not worry at all good sir/ma'am!

Posted Nov 20, 2020
  7. "mineplex always delivers on its promises" LMAO they havent given us any promises EVER or even a deadline like they dont tell us things and btw when you say "especially on deadlines" EVERY MINEPLEX CLANS RELEASE IS LIKE 7 hours late

Posted Nov 21, 2020
    Wax0n likes this.
  8. Season 7 is currently being developed by AlexTheCoder. Now, people might ask "why hasn't it been in development sooner"? Well, mainly because Alex is the only developer willing to work on it, as I've stated before there were plans for just a map reset earlier in the summer, this was back when OneThousand was leading the development team after Alex left. At that point, we were assigned two weeks of development time for some bug fixes and general changes. That fell through when OneThousand left.

However, with this being a SEASON we are getting new content and a LOT more changes (maybe some coming Season 7 Map 2, who knows...) which in my opinion is way better than another plain map reset. Now I'll try to go over the process of a clans update without spoiling too much about it.

1) CI/CM designs an update and produces a document (whether it be bug fixes, general changes, map changes, new content, etc.)

2) We send it off to Alex to implement

3) Testing! CI/CM(A)/QA(T) get to test the update, new content, etc. to see if we can find any bugs or see if anything about the new content needs to be changed for gameplay reasons.

4) Alex changes anything we need him to change

5) Boom! Season 7 (reset parties, release date, etc)

Now, if map changes are a thing then Alex would also need to generate a new seed (need to find one with specific biomes) and then send it off to the build team / dutty to smooth out the terrain and get new structures (if possible).

So at this point in time, I will say that we haven't done any testing yet but we probably aren't far off.

Posted Nov 24, 2020