• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8104 Players Online
  • 5214 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Next clans season

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Vright, May 27, 2020.

1. Since clans is dead and really boring, why don't y'all make only 2 clans servers for next season. So it can be full of players and more fun. ;c

Posted May 27, 2020
  2. I don't think they should have 2 clan servers. I know each server would be full of players, but that doesn't exactly make it fun. They could lower down the amount of servers, but not to 2. One, players play actively. Just because they aren't on at one point doesn't mean they randomly went inactive. So that means there would be less room for bases and it would simply make it unenjoyable, since there would probably be multiple bases around them so that could lead to newer players/unexperienced players getting killed by those others that are more experienced. They wouldn't have a chance, and would just simply end up leaving. Clans Management would also need to completely revamp their map to make it bigger so players could be more spread out. Two, it would make Clans more vulnerable for hackers. I know this sounds weird, because the most popular clans servers have hackers, but since there are only 2 servers, and since they would fill up, hackers could go in and ruin the 50+ players experience. Overall, I don't think this would work.

Posted May 27, 2020
    Paiynz likes this.
  3. O well what about 3? Because there's only like 120 people who plays clans now ;/
    Clans is kind of getting boring so I might just quit too.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  4. My suggestion on the discord which received around 30 +1's was for 2 hard cores and 2 casuals as rn its a joke having this many with the current population. Hopefully the next Clans admin can see this issue and why players have dispersed to C6

Posted May 28, 2020
    LordOfTeeth likes this.
  5. Two casual and two hardcore seems like the best bet. This would be a small enough number of servers that all of them would most likely be somewhat active, but there'd still a most popular casual and hardcore server, allowing those that like a more laid-back approach to clans can play on a more active server. Two or even three servers wouldn't give players enough choice, if you don't like playing on that one server due to power clans or hackers too bad.

Posted May 28, 2020
  6. I think we should have 2 hardcore and 2 casual. It's not a bad idea at all. It could help with activity within the clan's community.

Definitely worth a mention in the clan's idea discussion!

Posted May 28, 2020
    kznny and Fallen™ like this.
  7. Hey, I think this a great idea! I think a lot of the competitive clans community would love to have fewer servers (2 of each would be pretty good, as others have stated). Having a smaller player base means that you should shrink the size so that it still feels full. In earlier seasons, most servers if not all were always full of players. For instance, when I played in alpha I only played on clans 7, I knew everyone who played on that server but if I were to move to another server, I'd see people I had never seen before. However, in current seasons you could probably recognize every player (or at least every clan) that is still active on resets. With the player base having shrunk, it makes sense to decrease the amount of space for them to go to so that each server will still have action. I think one way that you could fix this without reducing the number of servers is to reduce the map size, which is something I've already posted about. However, even though people wanted fewer servers its ultimately decided by the Clans Management team and their admin. The idea has been rejected for quite a while by a few admins for multiple reasons, one being that not everyone wants to have the competitiveness of playing on a full server. However, even with a reduced amount of servers, there will still be one that is generally more full than others (plus the people who don't play clans competitively could set up on the opposite shop to where the majority of the community claimed). There is also the fact that in this season, you can see that the popular server is always changing, it started off strong on Clans-3, moved to Clans-8, and then has continued to move. Currently, people tend to move because they get frustrated by power clans using legends (which is something that was proposed to be changed by reducing the number of people per clan). But anyway, I still think this is a great idea and hope that the new admin decides to make a change to the current system and that we get an update soon!

Posted May 28, 2020
  8. I always wanted to have 1 hardcore and 1 casual for many reasons. Something that made me change my mind was that casual typically have a lot of alts and people making clans and claiming which will pack up the map making it so no more clans can claim which may be a problem. This is why I think 2 casual servers and 2 hardcore servers should be a thing in case the map packs up. Plus this way, one server will be the "competitive" server and the other will be less competitive. If the map ever packs up in both the servers they can just add a third clans server.

Posted May 29, 2020
  9. Doesn't seem like a CI has given their perspective yet, so I'll go ahead and give mine.

In my opinion, the perfect number of Clans Servers is five. Three hardcore, two casual (with the current hardcore-casual system). From the patterns we notice during seasons, we tend to see players shift from Hardcore -> Casual back to Hardcore, maybe more than once. Since this trend has been going on for years now, I'm weary to get rid of servers that are sometimes actually getting used. But, of course, nine is unnecessary and does split the community. My thinking is that with five servers, we have two fresh hardcore servers to play on, plus a third one as an almost "backup" if the other two don't work out, break, etc. Getting a reset as you might know isn't as easy as we all wish it would be, and I would hate to be stuck on (for example) C2 for 3 months with no different alternative servers to play on. The minimum Clans servers we'll really ever have is four (two for each game-type), as a player should not be forced to play with someone else they don't want to. I.e if you don't like a specific clan/set of Clan(s), or you maybe don't like the environment on the server, you shouldn't be forced to play that singular one, and so two gives options, which is the CM reason (albeit an old one) for a minimum # of servers. So, three hardcore & 2 casual. Opinions? Feel free to quote/mention me and I'll respond.

Posted May 29, 2020

10. Prob one of the worst ideas i heard, servers dye and people move so if that server died they would quit. Poeple like to grind on dead servers my self include which would put of a lot of other players thats just a bad idea

Posted May 30, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.