• 1945 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10383 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Newcomer

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Chris_TDC, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Good morning gamers, I first made my account 2 years ago and I have just signed up after more than 1 year. Could you tell me how things work nowadays?

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. Posted Sep 5, 2019
  3. Well firstly, welcome back to the forums! You may need to be more specific on what you mean about how things work nowadays. There are a lot of different aspects of the forums for you to enjoy and my suggestion is to do a bit of exploring and find what you are most interested in. I'll give you a few tips that may help you out some on getting familiar with the website.

1. Be sure to link your character to your profile by going to https://www.mineplex.com/link/. Your access to some parts of the forums may be limited if you don't and you also get some cool rewards for doing so.

2. Customize your profile to allow others to get to know you better. The forums are a great place to make friends and adding your interest to your "About Me" section or adding a funny signature can show off your personality a bit more. You'll be able to do that under your "User Settings" if you hover over the last image in the toolbar neaar the top of your page.

3. Find posts that peek your interest and make a comment on them. The best part about the forums are that you get to put your own input on suggestions that are made or help players that may be having issues. You can also share personal ideas or even artwork or builds. The more you post on the forums, the more involved you can be with the community.

4. There are so many useful links at the very bottom of your page. There is everything from the Frequent Asked Questions page (FAQ), the staff list if you need to ask someone as question, where to apply to become a staff member yourself, where to submit a support ticket, and just so much more.

5. And because I'm a Forum Ninja and obligated to say this, you should check out the website's rules before continuing on your journey (https://www.mineplex.com/rules/). This could prevent you from accidentally breaking rules you didn't know were in place. We want the forums to remain a happy, positive place for our players to share their ideas and viewpoints.

Let me know if you have any questions about the website and I'll be happy to help out.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    JYTG, dallarth and _Prof_ like this.
  4. [
    Thank you, Mineplex staff are epic :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2019
    _H2O and _Prof_ like this.
  5. Welcome back

It's cool now-a-days, though Enjin times where better imo :)

Posted Sep 6, 2019
  6. yeah enjin was easier to use tbh, but this website looks a lot better.

Posted Sep 8, 2019
  7. I second that. Enjin was optimized for social media purposes, and to be honest it almost became one. This forums site is optimized mainly for its main purpose, which is discussion about the network. Links and forms are more accessible, the trainee application was improved, the aesthetics are better, honestly to a new user there wouldn't seem to be any major flaws.

Aside from that, I wish to welcome OP back into the community. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Posted Sep 8, 2019
  8. Yeah but enjin had a lot more features

Posted Sep 8, 2019
  9. It had more features in regards to the social aspect of interaction on the site, but if you don't count that, I think xenforo is cleaner and easier to use. There' no bias in my opinion either, since I was very active on Enjin, accumulating over a thousand posts on the forums and constantly posting on my walls/the walls of others. I welcomed the change, though, and I am glad that we moved over to here. I know that an update is planed that will make interacting with users on walls a lot better (something like Enjin's system), but there is no ETA as to when that will be pushed out.

Posted Sep 9, 2019
  10. I never found neither one particularly hard or challenging to use. If someone had the problem on Enjin, and not here. Great, that's cool to hear.

I guess if they eventually get best of the both worlds, that would be fantastic... regardless I'm fine with either, and not even that active anyways.

BTW Ariana is cool

Posted Sep 9, 2019
  11. Heyo!
    Glad to see you are back to play on this awesome server! Odds are you won’t find much concepts different as an aspect in the server but there have definitely been many changes viewed in different ways. So since Im typing on my phone I wont be able to link any links for rules as such but many other people have so make sure you read! Wouldn’t wantcha gettin in trouble now would we? Heh heh anyway hope you enjoy your return to mineplex and dont be afraid to PM anyone or even me, for help or even a chat etc... Hope to see you around some more!
    Frommmmmmm,
    xCliniqaL_

Posted Sep 11, 2019