• 1401 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9839 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Tree

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by BlazeFire, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Posted Jul 13, 2019
  2. God, that is a lot of improvement, I have to say! A short critique with your old one - the trunk was...um...skinny to say the least. Not only that, your leaves were all over the place. The bottom left was very square pink wool and the top right was mainly floating pink clay (although I'm aware this palette and style is what is gone in this type of tree).

Your new tree looks great, not to mention a drastic improvement! The trunk is made neatly and detailed nice with the "leaves," and the leaves (pink leaves) look fabulously splattered with better additions to your palette. Great job!

Posted Jul 13, 2019
    BlazeFire likes this.
  3. That's some awesome improvement, no doubt. I'm no expert on trees (actually that's always the worst part of my builds) but I think it would look more natural if the top didn't look as flat. Kind of looks block-like as well, as in the tree seems to have a kind of average border line on all sides. It's just something that takes practice I think.
    Looking forward to see how you progress from here, nice job so far!

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    BlazeFire likes this.
  4. Woah! Awesome Improvements, trees are actually one of my favourite things to build, I don't really often build this I guess Japenese style trees but they look amazing! Looking for more of your builds in the future! ^-^

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    BlazeFire likes this.
  5. Talk about improvement! The newer tree is so much better than the older one. I think the older one's trunk was far too skinny and the leaves weren't placed as well but I'm glad you addressed those things and improved. Good job!

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    BlazeFire likes this.
  6. Old: yeah naw
    New: WOW!
    Well done and keep up the good work!

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    BlazeFire likes this.
  7. Wow!

You've definitely improved from your old tree! The new one looks so much better and just looks so good. There are just so much more detail and colors in it. Keep up the great work!

Great Job!
    -Nick

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    BlazeFire likes this.
  8. Hey!
    I see a great deal of improvement in the trees for sure! The basics were greatly improved such as the main tree stump, the branches within, and the leaves in general. Adding the branches in the new trees was a huge, yet subtle change that greatly improves the build, great job!

My recommendation; I think the trees would look more improved and realistic if the roof wasn't so flat. I think adding some more to the top to result in more of a circular shape rather than a flat surface would improve it greatly. And lastly, this generally comes with practice, but it looks a bit blocky to me. I think it could be shaped a bit further to result in a more natural look. This will generally come with filling it in further.

Great job! I love the improvement.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    BlazeFire likes this.
  9. Hey there,

I do agree with everyone else here, this is amazing so far as you're going, it's incredible to see such a change from the first tree and the next, i really am impressed by this.

I do also have to agree with @IvanProvorov about the roof, it personally looks way too flat to look realistic as other maps in general, of course suggestions are the lifeblood of builders since without suggestions you wouldn't know what to do next, which is why I also have to suggest the stump, it looks way too like a simple 2x2 stump, I would personally recommend expanding this out just a tiny bit with also thinning out the stem upwards.

Everything else is amazing, I can't wait to see the final results c:

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    BlazeFire likes this.
  10. Heyoo!

Like many stated above this is such a major improvement! I love what you did with the new one, especially adding leaves around the trunk, looks amazing! Your old ones were very skinny, and not realistic. The leave's are also looking way better too! Keep up the great work! I hope to see more of your builds in the future!

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Sakeusi likes this.
  11. Hello!

I can definitely see some improvement between the both. I like how you used the leaves on your new tree and the palette of the glass and clay blocks fit well with the tree. The trunk of the tree is also more natural than the flat, skinny one of the old tree. I also like the fact that you've used more blocks for the top of the tree and made it bigger. Trees are one of those things where you can always improve on, I look forward to seeing your future builds!

Have an awesome day!

Posted Jul 19, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 19, 2019
    Sakeusi likes this.
  12. Hey there!

I don't have much experience will building but, I must agree with everyone else, the improvement is very impressive. I like how you added a lot more detail in the new build separate from the old build. I like the color of the tree and the blocks. This is very creative!

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Sakeusi likes this.
  13. Hiya,

You’ve definitely made a huge improvement! It looks amazing I could totally see those trees in a map for a game like SkyWars. Great job!

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Sakeusi likes this.