• 1493 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1493 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Trainee thread idea

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Anna ♡, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Hey, this is honestly just a simple idea I came up with a few days ago.
    Perhaps it's just a dumb idea that will never happen, but I figured I would share it anyways as a small QoL addition.

As most of us know, the new Trainee threads are posted in Server Discussion. My idea is actually quite simple, to move the new Trainee Threads to the News And Announcements section of the Forums.

Technically, these threads are announcements, so they could fit well there.
    I'm proposing this idea because I've noticed it's quite easy for the threads to get lost in the Server Discussion, and in my opinion I personally feel like they would fit better with the announcements.

I really don't have anything else to add, and like I said maybe it's just a dumb idea, :shrug: but I'd still love to hear any feedback whether it be positive or negative.

I appreciate you coming to my Anna Talk!

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  2. I don't feel like it's that necessary of an addition moving the threads over. Especially since for the last few months / years, they have been put in the Server Discussion section, I feel like it might confuse some of the people who have been here longer. Furthermore, since many people post congratulation messages it usually stays in the New Posts section for a while. If players are really interested to see who was recruited when, then the most efficient way is to check in the Mineplex Discord @ discord.mineplex.com, and head over to the trainee-updates channel. The News and Announcements sections is for Admin and other higher up changes, and I feel it should stay that way. Hopefully this explains why I feel that the current situation is adequate enough :)

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  3. Hey Anna!

I'd like to state that this isn't a dumb idea whatsoever. I believe that they don't do this already because new Trainees are something that happens a lot, and usually, people who go to the News & Announcements section expect to hear about game updates, instead of seeing a bunch of "New Trainee" threads. As @Paladise said, anyone who is really interested in seeing the new Trainees every new batch can easily subscribe to the channel with notifications on the Mineplex Discord (discord.mineplex.com).

I can see where you're coming from as they already removed TAP, so it's not as fun as it used to be every time a new batch is released. The best thing that we can do at this moment in time is to wait with notifications on in the Mineplex Discord, getting ready to congratulate all the new Trainees! This is always an exciting time, especially with the suspense of clicking Islend's "New Trainees" thread without knowing who the new Trainees are.

I'm gonna stay neutral on this idea as there are ups and downs of implementing this.

Posted Oct 29, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  4. Small QoL change, I don’t see any issues with it and New and Announcements makes more sense anyways so, +1

Posted Oct 29, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  5. I have always wondered why it was never posted in News and Announcements myself, as I did not find it making much sense to have it posted under the Server Discussion section, it's nothing to really discuss, it's just an announcement of new Staff members.

I definitely agree with this suggestion, and I feel as if it would make it more organized and better accessible. Though it has been posted in Server Discussion for a while, it makes more sense for it to be under the News and Announcements section, and is a simple fix that could be made moving forward. Great suggestion, +1!

Posted Oct 29, 2020
    Greyhound10 and Anna ♡ like this.
  6. This seems like a good idea to me! New trainees and staff announcements fit better in the News and Announcements rather then Server Discussion for sure. This will keep it more organized and reduce confusion and clutter. Nice suggestion, I hope to see this added!

- Lucas

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  7. Hey!

News and announcements makes a lot more sense, and for the people who stayed here longer, we can announce at the bottom of the thread that the new staff announcement, from now on, will be posted in the news and announcements section.

Awesome idea, a nice QoL change +1

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  8. It's not news that needs to be known or is important at all. If anything it's just a fun thing they do to let people know who got promoted. Nearly an incentive if you will lol

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    MysticMaster779, Anna ♡ and Cuteest like this.
  9. Hiya, thanks for the suggestion!

Initially, the threads were going to be posted in the Announcements section of the forums when we moved away from posting on the Enjin wall. However, we decided against it. The main reason for it is that it's just way too spammy for that section of the forums. In a perfect month we'd be posting four threads, which in a perfect year is 48 threads. Compared to the frequency of other threads in there it'd be just way too much. The only thing that makes sense to me for it to work is having just one thread where each acceptance gets posted in the comments, but, I think that takes away too much value in the current system where people can comment their congrats.

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  10. But most of the times Trainee's are typically announced on a biweekly basis. There are occasions where there are trainee's that get accepted back to back but nowadays their accepted biweekly. As the Recruitment Admin I'm sure you can agree with that.

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  11. That's why he said "Perfect month" and "Perfect year". I hope this helps clarify :)

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Islendingurinn and Greyhound10 like this.