• 632 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3211 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Titles

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jan 25, 2020.

?

Should Mineplex add titles for leaderboard players?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I think that Mineplex should add new titles for leaderboard players (Only #1-100 to make it special) (All time, monthly, weekly, and even daily wins) Some examples of possible titles:
    -#1 All-time Survival Games
    -#1 Monthly Survival Games
    (The title names can be a lot better, just the best I can think of right now)

These titles would encourage people to play more to get on the leaderboards for a title. Some might think it would just encourage targeting of the player, but it’s totally up to the player on whether or not they want to equip the title.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Korben, 510bike, Danese and 2 others like this.
  2. Heyo!
    I like the concept of the idea, but I think the titles could be a bit more detailed, if you know what I mean. (I know it's the best you could come up with as of now, but 0_0). Something among those lines could certainly be a good addition to mineplex! +1, just make the titles more detailed.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  3. Hey!
    Honestly, I think this would be a neat idea! It takes a lot to reach the leaderboards and I think adding a title would be a neat prize for doing so. I agree that this would help incentivise players to reach the leaderboards and I also think this could help incentivise current leaderboard players to keep their positions. Overall, I really like this idea, +1 from me.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  4. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

I quite like the idea you're presenting here. If this gets implemented, it can act as a motivation for players to play more of the game mode, this can also give them a feeling of recognition and uniqueness where they can be even more proud of their accomplishment. However, I think we can make it more special if we only award it to the top player instead of the top 100 players. If the player that got the title is no longer the top of the month, would the title stay or would it get automatically removed? I personally think it should get automatically removed if the top spot is overtaken by another player to make the title even more unique and harder to get. Overall, it's a +1 from me and I don't see any problems arising from this idea!

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  5. Heyo!

I love this idea! It'll really give people motivation to improve and reach the very top of the leaderboard for that cool unique exclusive title! Though like @THELichCA said, would it be automatically removed after they're no longer at the top of the leaderboard or will it stay with them forever? I personally think it should be removed everytime another player reaches the top of the leaderboard. I also think these titles could be a bit more detailed. Though don't fear about that now, you can always edit this thread and find some cooler names for the titles! Maybe even ask @Danese to see what they would look like in game because he's pretty good at that stuff.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Danese and xGetRektedx like this.
  6. Thanks for the ping! :D <3

I actually quite like this idea. The only thing that I am a bit confused about is how the titles would be implemented. There are a few ways I could see this working, without needing somebody to manually add them to various players.
    1. Create an automated system that grants players a specific title for being on any monthly leaderboard.
    To make everything go smoothly, I would recommend there being a set of "generic" titles that can be applied. Remember, that the scoreboards are constantly being updated by players' activities. Even those who are at the number one spot for a game have the potential of being surpassed.

2. Create a title section in the book (like gem collector) that logs your progress on various games.
    This may take a bit of work, as some players may want to show their monthly leaderboard title for SG one day, but then their monthly BH title the next. So, this would likely need to require 2 titles for every game mode: 1 for the monthly scoreboard, then 1 for all-time scoreboard (for each and every game)).
    This is tedious, to say the least. Not to mention that this would add a ton of clutter to the book's GUI.
    The only other way around this would be to recode the way titles are selected, allowing for multiple areas in a track to be enabled. Think of the concept of being able to select "tree climber" despite already having "friend of Douglas" for the level title track.

ANYWAYS, here are a few possible ideas for some cool title tracks:

Generic Monthly Scoreboard Title:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Generic All-Time Wins Scoreboard Title:

[​IMG]

Specific Game [BlockHunt] Monthly Wins:

[​IMG]

Specific Game [BlockHunt] All-Time Wins:

[​IMG]

Sorry for the long response time! These took a little while to make. :P

Also, also (also?):

I think that these titles should not be automatically removed.

That being said, I have an idea:

1. To get the monthly scoreboard title, you will need to be on the scoreboard (in position 1-10) for a set period of consecutive days.

My proposal:
    The amount of time needed to be on the scoreboard will vary depending on the month. To allow for these players to have a chance of getting back onto the board (because, remember, at the start of every month the board resets, thus allowing for you to "fall off" the board for at least 24 hours while you gain more wins than those who won 10 times in block hunt from 1 to 3 am on March 1st).
    So, every new month, your "tracker" (the tracking via the title book) will pause for 48 hours. It will then unpause either when a. 48 hours is up or b. when you are back on the monthly leaderboard for the new month.
    This would allow players who got on the board halfway through one month to not need to start all over at the start of the next month.

2. To get the all-time wins title, you need to be on the "top wins" scoreboard for 6 consecutive months.
    (This might seem a bit extreme; but remember, this scoreboard section never resets. This is different from the monthly leaderboard, which resets, well, monthly).

-Dan

Posted Jan 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 26, 2020
    Korben, Jaek, DC_20 and 5 others like this.
  7. I love this idea. As others have said, I think the titles should be distinguished by what month they were earned. For example, "Cake Wars Leader - January". This would also give people incentive to stay on the leaderboard every month. In addition to the titles, I think people who place in the top 10 of the monthly leaderboards should earn 1-2 mythical chests because getting on the top 10 of the monthly leaderboard takes dedication and hard work.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  8. I really love this idea. I've played games before where players receive certain titles based on where they stood on specific leader boards. In one of the games I've played, the top 100 players in a category received the title. I believe the top 10 received a gold title while the others in the top 100 received a silver title. I really liked this concept because players were able to differentiate between those in the top 10 and those who were ranked otherwise.

I think that this could be an awesome implementation and drive the competitive spirit of the community!

+1.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  9. Love this idea! Cake-Wars #1 overall should get "#1 Cake Eater" or something.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  10. I like this idea a lot. I think it would be great to add because not everyone checks the leaderboards, and I think the top players for each game definitely deserve a little bit of recognition.
    I don’t think top daily should receive a title. Top daily is relatively easy to achieve, and I feel like it wouldn’t make the title very special. I also think it should be limited to the top 10 instead of the top 100, to make it more unique.
    Overall though I enjoy the general concept of the idea, and I hope to see it implemented.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  11. I am kinda for something like this but that might be a little bias on my part. What about multiple #1 spots?

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  12. Hey there!

I really like this idea. This will encourage people to grind games so they can get a title. This will also give people more recognition that they deserve. I just don’t like the idea of daily titles. I hope to see the leaderboard titles implemented in the future. +1.

Good luck with the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  13. Ok, so while this may seem like a great addition and it would be a great addition, assuming everyone played by the honors system and didn't boost, closet, and use common hacks daily. You'd see a lot more of the aforementioned because they'd all be trying to climb up to the top of the leaderboard to get the title. We already have a pretty big hacking problem, especially with closeting, so this wouldn't help out the case.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  14. A cool title that people would love to work for and it's an interesting concept. I can see a lot of the top tier players grind for something like this. It's a good idea, but I also agree with what jaek said in regards to people cheating, boosting, etc. It would make the experience unenjoyable and may cause a lot of conflicts. Nonetheless, it's a pretty cool idea.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  15. Hey! :sigils_down:

I really like the concept of leaderboard titles! However there are a couple changes I’d make. I’d probably give titles the top 50 players of weekly monthly and lifetime, and only a title to 1-10 on the daily leader board. This goes without saying but there would need to be some type of bot to run these features. To add more to this concept, I think it would be a really cool idea if there were titles for players who have unlocked all achievements in a game mode. For example if someone has all of the survival games achievements they’d have the “Survival Games Master” title, or in cake wars, one would get “Cake Wars Master” Again, I really like the concept of your idea! Thanks for submitting it!

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  16. I like how each title looks, but I think that the titles should be given to the top 10 for all time, top 50 for monthly, and top 10 daily. After reading some of the replies I think having it be a rarer title would be better.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 6, 2020
    Danese likes this.