• 1324 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9762 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Taunt Idea (Mad Titan Taunt)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Giltong, Jun 5, 2019.

?

Should this be an actual taunt ingame?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. We already have a reference to Marvel with the Stormbreaker gadget for PPC. So my suggestion is to add a Mad Titan taunt, which represents a certain character from Avengers. Here is how it works:
    When you activate the taunt, the colors of the Infinity Stones, Blue, Yellow, Red, Purple, Green, and Orange, which are the stones Thanos used in his Infinity Gauntlet, shine around you or above you via particle effects.
    Next, it says a quote that references Thanos, for example:
    "PLAYER made everything perfectly balanced as all things should be"
    "PLAYER became inevitable"
    "You should have gone for PLAYER's head"
    Afterwards, gray particles appear around random players, symbolizing the SNAP

If anyone is worried about spoilers, the Spoiler Ban from Marvel ended on Monday, May 6th.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  2. I love this idea! This is a unique Taunt that I think would be fun to use! I have a question, though. How would this Taunt be unlocked? Through PPC? Holiday treasures? Titan Rank? Regular cosmetic?

The quotes used would work hilariously well with a taunt and really resemble Thanos, showing that players with this Taunt are powerful. I think the smoke effect would make this Taunt really cool to have as it resembles the Decimation that occurred.

Overall +1 from me!

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  3. I can't decide whether or not this should be a Titan rank exclusive, or a PPC unlock, as PPC previously had Stormbreaker, so I think it would fit with it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 5, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  4. I like this idea very much! I think it would make a neat idea if the staff team hid the infinity stones around the lobby and if you find them you're awarded this taunt. That or perhaps it could be a Titan+ exclusive taunt with the name being Mad Titan. If Community Management likes this idea then I'm sure they'll know how to obtain it.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    SpicyBREE, Giltong and Jaekub like this.
  5. Hello,

This is a really cool idea in my opinion. We all love Thanos, as a meme and a supervillain, and I feel that something along the lines of having 'inevitable' would be super great.

As for the colors, I really like how you came up with the idea of the infinity stones and the gauntlet look to it, it's relevant and I think it'd be a really nice addition.

How would this title be obtained, though?

Nice idea, I'd love to see more feedback from the community.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  6. This idea is super creative and I'm honestly living for the Avengers reference. I think this would be a fun taunt to use, and what I really like about your idea are the Thanos quotes that you included. It really gives off a nice feel and I would honestly love to see something like this added.

Some people mentioned above me how you would obtain this taunt, and I would be interested to see what you think. Personally, with the name, I would say stick to keeping it Titan-exclusive, unless you have any better ideas. Awesome idea, thanks for suggesting it!

Posted Jun 6, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  7. I would love this idea! And to make it better certain ranks should get to make their own rank with permission to use from staff.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  8. That is a fantastic idea what you have, and this is a reference from the Avengers! I appreciate most of the quotes from Thanos that you have because it was from a meme and an MCU supervillain. I think that the taunt will be only for either Titan or Eternal rank only.

I don't have any issues with your idea, and that is an excellent job what you have! +1

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  9. This is one of the coolest cosmetics I have seen suggested yet. I’m an avid Marvel fan, and everything about this cosmetic excites me. From the particles to the Thanos quotes, it’s amazing. The only thing that worries me is the lag that might come from this new taunt. It will have a large amount of particles at once, and not everyone’s computers may be able to handle that. The second issue I see is how annoying this may be at the beginning or in games. If you’re just trying to play and particles are going all around you, especially if you’re trying to hide, that’s not a good thing. Maybe this cosmetic taunt will have to be disabled in all games and only work in lobbies. I’m not against the idea of the taunt, but there’s a lot that has to be thought about if we were to add it. +.5 from me.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  10. Hello!

This, like said above, is an amazing idea for a cosmetic. All Marvel fans would extremely enjoy this cosmetic, and even players who have no opinion in the topic or dislike it, would enjoy it as well! This should be a ranked taunt as it just has that specific vibe of a ranked perk.

It's very unique and I haven't seen any other ideas like this ever on any Minecraft servers. Like said above, this may cause an extreme amount of lag. Not all computers are powerful enough to handle such amount of particles. I'll be thinking of an alternative to making the particles cause less lag!

+0.75 from me!

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  11. Heyo,

This idea is definitely extremely unique and I'm loving the marvel reference. First off, without a doubt all of our big Marvel fans will love this idea and hopefully, encourage them to even buy Titan. Personally, I feel as if it'd be really cool if it's Thanos's fist with the infinity gauntlets on his fist, but that's just an idea.

However, how would one get this cosmetic? Overall, great idea and I'm giving you a huge +1 to this idea!

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  12. This is a very good idea, I think it could also lead to additional taunts in the near future - considering superhero movies are being released so frequently. The new Spiderman is being released early July so that could be another taunt? I am looking forward to seeing everyone thoughts on this!

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  13. ~I approve of this idea~
    [​IMG]

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  14. I really love this idea. I can just envision how it would look in my head. I like the fact that it's a taunt as well considering we really don't get as many taunts. One thing that may be an issue is the gray particles circling around players. It may cause a distraction in a lot of situations in-game, so I don't think we should do that part. Other than that, Good idea, +1

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  15. Love the idea!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  16. Super cool idea. I love how you are bringing a loved film and quote into a taunt. This would probably only be available for Titan+. +1, I really loved the movie, and I really love this idea.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  17. Okay, so I haven't been on in awhile so I am going to be answering some questions:
    Q: Wouldn't the grey particles be a distraction or be used in finding players
    A: Yes, that is one of the biggest problems with this taunt, the gray particles could perhaps only appear at the feet or somewhere not as intrusive. However, it may be possible (Not saying it is) for the taunt to be disabled during certain games (i.e Block Hunt)
    Q: Wouldn't the particles make some computers laggy?
    A: While yes, this could be a problem, however most low-end users have particles turned down to minimal, removing most of the problem.
    And the biggest question of ALL:
    Q: How would you unlock this?
    A: i have two point of views on this: Titan+ or PPC. The reason it could be titan is because the taunt is called the Mad Titan Taunt for cosmetic reasons, and that Titan doesn't have a taunt already. I am thinking it could also be PPC because there is already Stormbreaker, which is Thor's axe? (i think), as a PPC reward, so it might fit in well with that.

I am sorry that I answered so late, and if I missed any questions, please let me know, and I will answer them ASAP.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 14, 2019
  18. I slightly disagree with they way of finding it. As the taunt wouldn't be very special if all Titans had it, at a certain point it would become annoying. Maybe you would have to find all of the Infinity Stones around the lobby, OR, you would have to complete Thanos related missions to receive all of the Infinity Stones.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  19. I like the idea of this where they hide infinity stones around the lobby sort of like a scavenger hunt. Im for this idea +1

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    January34 likes this.
  20. I love the idea, I think it would be amazing to see people use that taunt but I got question, who will it be released to? Earned from chest? Given to everybody or just for PPC?

Posted Jun 14, 2019