• 124 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1937 Players Online
  • 1813 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New system of detecting hackers

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by War Robot Dogee, May 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ok, so I've been studying hackers recently and I have discovered some similarities between them. These are some to list a few.

NC = Name Containing
    SC = Skin Containing

NC - "Jorge", "69", "420", "hacker", <-- (and everything in between) "Ban", "me", "Horion", "Zephyr", (Any hacked client names), "Kill", "death", and "trash"
    SC - Clown Skin, Troll skin (cough cough @Rebel_Guy cough), Steve skin with clown, hacker (anonymous), Short, Invisible, Ghast, Armor/ Arm Hiding, etc.

I think that auto-kicking/banning these players will do some good for the server! I have also come up with an auto-ban system for hackers.

3 Kicks in 24h = 3d ban
    Repeated 2nd time in a week = week ban
    3rd time in month = month ban
    etc

Posted May 15, 2022
    GRGoodGame and officer401 like this.
  2. This would be good for the AntiCheat to incorporate when detecting hackers, but it should not be automatic.

Posted May 15, 2022
  3. I agree with officer401. It's decent information to take into account, but I don't believe it should be an automatic kick/ban. It would result in plenty of innocent users getting kicked, and even if it was effective at catching hackers, it would only be a temporary solution. People would pick up on the buzzwords/skins quickly, and would simply stop using them. These skins/names are very likely just for the hacker's own amusement, meaning they could be easily swapped out, though perhaps with a bit of annoyance.

Posted May 15, 2022
  4. Greetings o/

Like others have said above, while this is interesting information and similarities, I highly disagree on these being automatic kicks or punishments. I personally have run into a lot of players with those words or numbers in their names, and they weren't hacking at all. Especially if multiple kicks ends up in a more serious punishment, we would not risk punishing innocent players at all.

Even with regular reports that are filed, some of those reports are legit report, but they are still denied on the off chance that it might just be a really laggy player or other factors. If we are not 110% sure that the person we are looking at is hacking, we do not punish them, simple as that.

The same is true for GWEN. That's the whole reason why GWEN on bedrock doesnt issue bans at all, only kicks. If we implemented a system like this, a lot of innocent players would be punished and we simply do not want that to happen, so it's not going to be implemented.

I do think that our anti-cheat needs improvement, I'll be the first to say it. I'm trying to get my alt to level 100, so I've been spending a ton of time on my alt instead of my main. I've run into a TON of blatant hackers that GWEN somehow missed, so I had to deal with later. I 100% agree that she needs massive improvements, but I strongly disagree with your idea as it stands.

TLDR:
    from me.

Posted May 16, 2022
  5. Good arguments! What are your opinions on the bottom section of my idea?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2022
  6. I still think full on punishments should be left up to human staff members rather than a bot that kicks. If its left up to RP or something that's one thing, but again, GWEN makes mistakes. If she results in a ban because she really sucks at kicking the correct people then I don't think it should be implemented.

Posted May 16, 2022
  7. true but I think a very minimal ban (like a 2 hour ban) would be great because as you can tell (I’m getting your player report notifications left and right) these people have been going at it for hours. Something like a 2 hour ban might limit all these people. Yet again, it only takes a few mins to create an alt (thanks Microsoft), but those few minutes can have a great affect on gameplay and the people playing.

OP OP
  8. (Yes I'm doing a lot of reports right now yw)
    Even so, I believe the way GWEN works right now is punishments stack time-wise. I could be very wrong about this so someone please correct me if I am, but over time applied punishments get more time added (I'm like 65% sure)
    Even if that is not true, it still looks awful on that players punishment history, as punishments are always visible to staff. I would still be more comfortable with a human staff member deciding actual bans than leaving it up to GWEN.

Posted May 16, 2022
  9. First of all

Thank you sir for doing all these reports, even if they get rejected, it still means a lot to me.

You caught me on there. I just want to find the more effective and efficient way to automatically stop hackers without people (cough cough) doing hundreds of reports per week.

I Have some random idea my friend told me a while ago.

What if we had well trusted (such as in like high level people) than can punish people without being a moderator. Yet every action would be checked by a higher up in the future, it would be good for the short and long term.

Honestly these hackers are getting on my nerve.
    I can get so upset, I’ll just say the most random bs that comes to mind. They’re literally pushing out hundreds to thousands of players. They ruin the fun. They ruin the game itself. I told myself, (on my wall) that I will do *anything* to stop a hacker. And I’ve kept my oath to that.

See, now I’m ranting about how hackers are bad then I trail off into some unrelated topic? This is how crazy I’ve gotten.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2022,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 16, 2022
    TheArrowsShadow likes this.
  10. If you having trouble with hackers, I highly recommend recording it so you have evidence to show to the staff team. (make sure to read the report guidelines first before submitting your report: https://www.mineplex.com/report-guide/) After that, you can fill in an appeal on mineplex.com/reports to have the highest chance of a staff member reacting to your submission. :)

Good luck! :D

Posted May 16, 2022
    FoxyStormy likes this.
  11. It's useless beause many XBOX, PS players evidence is not allowed because "Reasoning: Unfortunately we cannot accept evidence gathered from an external device.", which is dumb. Hacker is hacker and will always stay that way.

Posted May 16, 2022
  12. On both consoles you can screen record, so you can very easily get the evidence you need directly. Just have to do a little bit of research online to learn exactly how.

On Playstation you use the Share feature, on XBOX I'm not too sure as I don't use it.

Posted May 16, 2022
  13. Hi there,

If you want to capture evidence on Xbox there are two ways to go about it. First of all, you can press the Xbox button and then press X. This will record the 30 seconds of gameplay before you pressed X which you can then upload to OneDrive, download it onto your computer and then upload to a video sharing platform and create the report.

If the previous 30 seconds don't seem to provide sufficient evidence of the hacker such as the gamertag being unclear, you can press the Xbox button, press the small two-windows button and then press the box which says 'Record from now.' When you have the evidence you need you can press the Xbox button and then press X to stop the recording. As with the previous method, you can find the clip in your gallery and upload it to OneDrive and repeat the process.

As someone who used to play Bedrock on Xbox a lot, it certainly is a longer process than Windows 10 or Android users, however, the Reports Patrol have their reasons for not accepting externally recorded evidence.

-MC Minium

Posted May 16, 2022
  14. If only I knew this a month ago ;(

Posted May 16, 2022
  15. lol

OP OP
  16. You cannot warrant a punishment based on your name and skin alone. It would be like casually arresting a person with a hoodie just because many criminals also wear hoodies.

The patterns you have found you can use to observe these players more carefully, I would.be cautious around someone named "BanMeIHack" but I cannot warrant a ban without proper evidence.

Posted May 16, 2022
    MC_Minium and officer401 like this.
  17. Damn do Bedrock players not have any Alex skins that fly? They sure look menacing on Java.

Posted May 17, 2022
    GRGoodGame likes this.