• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Super Paintball Kit/ Kit Changes (suggestions)

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Kombat_8, Feb 2, 2020.

?

Should there be some editing to paintball kits

1. Yes, I think it will add variety

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No I like it how it is

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. After playing super paintball for the 6 years I played on mineplex ever since I just logged in I felt that super paintball was missing some things, one of them being a new kit. I believe that this kit should be a paint launcher. A spinoff of the rocket launcher but this one launches paint and has a radius. I feel like it would be a great addition to the game and add a sense of I should take cover instead of running in guns blazing. Because now many people with shotgun or machine gun run in and hopefully get good shots and can win you the game. I dont like that as this game should be a bit more compettitive. I think the paint launcher would be that game changer that makes it much more fun. Also I believe that there should also be a change to the sniper kit. As I feel its range and damage are just to high. I say the closer you are to a target maybe anywhere from 1-15 blocks that is highest damage but from 16-30 blocks that is least damage. Those are my thoughts about the 2 kits in super paintball

Posted Feb 2, 2020
    mich and xGetRektedx like this.
  2. Hi there!

I agree, I think paintball does need a new kit, I don't think paintball needs so much a rocket launcher kit because that in my opinion would be to overpowered, but about he sniper kit. A sniper is meant to do more damage at longer range, and for it to more damage at close range and less damage at farther range just doesn't really make much sense, I think sniper should have a longer cooldown between shots or perhaps a shorter range, but I don't see anything wrong with the damage, I think it's fine for it to 1 tap from far away since sometimes shots are not easy to hit depending on what the map Is. Overall I agree Paintball does need a new kit but I not something like a rocket launcher, and the sniper kit in my opinion is fine as is. Since I'm neutral on some of this 0 (for new kit) and -1 (for sniper changes) Thanks for hearing me out! :)

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. Sniper is only good on a few maps, and I wouldn't go as far as saying it's overpowered. And your rocket launcher kit idea is basically just a worse version of the shotgun. I don't really think that super paintball needs a new kit atm.

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    afterfive and Korben like this.
  4. Ok, you didnt make it super clear on what the new kit is, so I'm not leaving any opinions on that, but with the sniper you want to decrease effective range. On a sniper.... If I get lucky I can hit cross map shots with the rifle, if the rifle kit can do that, the sniper should definantly be able to. Honestly sniper is one of the worse kits in the game already, with limited mobility and charge time, plus its a difficult kit to master. Basicly only the best people can do well with sniper. And you want to nurf it? Come on. Over all though I don't think paintball needs any major changes other than a slight modification of the mg. -1

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    afterfive and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  5. Yeah I've played this game since 2014 and have seen almost every stage of the games development since, and I don't think this game needs another kit. Coming from someone who plays the game, sniper kit is just beyond broken. It does need a nerf, @Korben I don't know what you're talking about my friend that kit is nothing less of broken. Please nerf Sniper, but please don't add anything else and this game will be the most balanced game ever. To be honest I wish Sniper wasn't even a thing, but Mineplex wouldn't just take the kit out of the game. I suggest if not reducing the distance of the shot, the scope should have a slower reload time. It takes about 2.5 seconds to scope to full, which means it will take 2.5 seconds for a sniper to shift, then 1 shot someone, which is pretty stupid if you ask me. -1 for kit addition, +1 for sniper change.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  6. Thread Moved to Game Alterations
    Heyo, so you mentioned sort of a new kit idea, but it wasn't very clear and didn't actually describe what the kit would be, so instead I moved this to Game Alterations because of the request for sniper kit to be changed so I suppose it fits better here.

As for the actual suggestion:
    I feel like the sniper kit is fine as it is now. I can give the obvious reason of it being an achievement kit, so it should be good, but it's also really the fact that sniping in general can be more difficult to achieve than the other kits, so it makes sense that the player is rewarded for hitting the shot to me.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  7. I do like the Idea of having a new kit for SPB.
    However to change the "Sniper" kit would be just a little to far...
    If you think about it the "Sniper" kit has a lot of drawbacks, for one in order to fire a "Killing" shot you have to stay crouched for about four seconds, and believe me when I say that a Lot can happen in that time...
    All in All I think +1 for a new kit But it would be a -1 for changing the "Sniper" kit.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
  8. As an experienced paintball player i can say that the kits currently are pretty well balanced. Adding a new kit would be fine to me as long as it’s something new and balanced. The rocket launcher seems to me like little_dude_9000 said like a bad shotgun. I mostly play sniper and shotgun and i can tell you that aiming against moving opponents, that run inbetween obstacles very far away is really hard. If you get sniped all the time it just means your movement is very predictable. I recommend strafing a lot and not moving in straight lines. Sniper is often very bad at close distance since missing a shot means the opponent has a lot of time to get to you and kill you and making sniper weak on long distances would destroy the whole concept of it being a kit to snipe other players with.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.