• 657 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9095 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned New Sub-Team for Forum Ninja

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Knazamn, Sep 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!

I have been thinking over and over on what I would want to be if I become a Staff Member. I would either join Event Squad or Forum Ninja. Then, that got me thinking. If there was a Community Sub-Team for Forum Ninja, what would it be?

I think they should create a Sub-Team called Forum Helper. Less permissions than Forum Moderator, but more permissions than a regular person.
    I would think it would be a great idea. What do you think?

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Segwat and Ender Rivka like this.
  2. Hey!

Personally, I don't see this being too useful, as for wanting to become a forum ninja myself when I become a sr.moderator, Forum Ninja already has Forum Moderator as a sub-team. If you look at all of the Sr.Mod team they all have 1 sub-team. So, I think throwing in another sub-team for the community would throw off the balance. Plus, normal players already have everything we need like locking our own threads, etc.

For these reasons I am going to have to -1 the idea.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  3. Hey there!

I feel that this idea is really nice and would love to apply for this position if Forum Helper becomes a real sub-team, however thinking about this situation from the FM & FN teams' points of view, it would feel like forum helpers are taking their jobs, especially forum moderators, because they don't have as many permissions as Forum Ninjas, especially since Forum Ninjas can accept or deny ban appeals, however, I think Forum moderators have all the necessary/required permissions to organise and manage the forums. The FN & FM team members also have to trust that community member to join such a sub-team with permissions on the forums.

I'm going to have to disagree with that idea and give it a -1. Mainly because I don't think there's going to be a subteam with that many permissions. If you can elaborate on the type of permissions that forum helpers are granted, I might change my mind, but generally don't believe it will happen.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  4. Heyo!

Obviously, I'm not a staff member, but this does seem a little excessive. Take this for example; Events Squad has no sub team, but there is a community one called "Events Assistant". Same thing applies for Quality Assurance, Ideas Team in a way, and the list continues. I don't see why Forums Ninja would desire 2 separate sub teams, and honestly I don't see the point in this. It would be like having the recruitment team have a community sub team, no point sense they already have one for Moderators as a sub team.

Overall, I don't think this would be very useful for the community or the staff members. Not only do we already have certain permissions that can already help them out, it just wouldn't be necessary. I'm going to leave this at a -1, hopefully this helped!

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  5. Hey!

I don't really see why this would be added. It would be cool to see but we already have Forum Moderators and Forum Ninjas who do their job everyday helping on the forums. Really the only reason for this to be added is for the Forums people to have more help and for people who do want to join the staff team and become a Forums Ninja, what it would be like to be one (kind of). Though if this were to be added, it really depends on what commands and power the sub team has. They would have to do certain things that would fit them, and we would have to hope they don't abuse their power. So this would be a sub team that only very trusted people could join.

Overall, this sub team isn't really needed and it would take a lot of trust for the person to join. So I gives this a -1 because of the reasons I listed above. Thanks for suggesting this though!

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  6. Hey!

Being on the forum moderation team a couple years ago, I would say Forum Helper isn't really that needed. That is basically the role of forum moderation and then the forum ninjas do appeals + fm's job

Also, the forums team is pretty big in general so I don't think it is needed to add this role

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  7. Hey!

I like the idea behind this suggestion. It makes it possible for community members that are not staff to help out on the forums. Subteams for the community is great, it binds the staff and management closer to the community which wants to help out. It's great for both parts. But for forum moderation and such, I don't think it suitable.

We have Forum Ninjas and Moderators, and they are pretty active. They do their job, and I see no problem in the forum moderation at the moment. I think moderation should be left to the moderators. There are currently no community subteams which helps moderate the network in any kind of way, and there is a reason for that. I guess it's because it is risky giving permissions to community members that aren't necessarily fit for the job. If this were to be released, the application process probably wouldn't be as detailed as the application process for Trainees. And this would increase the possibilities for abuse of permissions.

If more forum moderation would be needed, I think many moderators have an interest in becoming a forum moderator. And that would probably be preferred over community members moderating.

As people have stated above, this isn't needed and could lead to other problems. -1 from me.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  8. Being a Forum Ninja, I don’t think this is a good idea. Starting off, I don’t think that moderation subteams, whether that be on the forums or in-game, should be accessible to the community. It’s best that we leave the moderation to our staff team, and let them handle it, as they are trained and taught how to handle these situations.

Secondly, I don’t think that this would be a branch off the Forum Ninjas team. Forum Ninjas primary abilities are to do appeals + what our Forum Moderators do. Thus, Forum Helper being a FN subteam could be misleading.

Thirdly, I’ve been on the Forums Team for almost half a year now, so I can tell you that we don’t give out nearly enough punishments for this team to be useful. We already got a large, new batch of Forum Moderators who have helped immensely. Since the larger team we currently have is doing well, I don’t think we need to have a community subteam added onto it. Jarvis already has to work on overseeing multiple other projects that are constantly in motion, and I don’t feel as though it’s best to put more onto that plate.

While it was a good idea, I don’t think this is needed or necessary with the current state of our team. It’ll be a -1 from me.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    nolawn and Lipsticks like this.
  9. Hey!

I know I'm not a staff member, but, in short summary, this is just the job of a Forum Moderator. Forum Helpers as you're saying it, is to clean up the forums. The job of a forum moderator is...

Same permissions as Forums Ninjas, but they can't do ban appeals. The main purpose of a Forum Moderator is to help moderate the forums and create a better environment for the forums in general.

-1 from me, seems just like a whole lot more work. Just go for Forum Moderator! I believe you'll get it! :D

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  10. I actually would like this to be implemented. I like the forums and if I became a staff member I would probably be an FM or join CoM. However, I don't have that much time to play on the server, and so I can never actually accomplish that. I would really like this because it would give me a chance to be sort of like an FM without having to spend 7 hours a week on the server (and I don't have 7 hours of time).

An issue addressed by many repliers is that it would take away from the jobs of FMs. However, I think the help would be nice because it would allow threads in the help section to be locked faster and decrease post boosting. The Forum Helpers could also do Severity 1 forum punishments too. This would be helpful for the help section as well as having a little extra help with small punishments.

Overall, +1 from me.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  11. One thing people have been saying that I want to give a heads up to:

People have been saying that there should only be Forum Moderator. But, that is a MOD+ ONLY Sub-Team.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2019
  12. I disagree, having this would more or less defeat the object of having staff members. I also believe that there is a possibility of the sub-team being abused in some ways. As stated above, staff are trained in specific and thorough ways in terms of dealing with platforms such as the forums, so giving community members the responsibility of forums helper would be a bit too much permission in my opinion.

And besides, you don't have to have a sub-team as a community member to help out the forums, if there are any rule breakers, simple as, just submit a player report. Overall it's a -1

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  13. Hey there!

As others have said, the addition of a new Forum Ninja preceding sub-team is not necessary at this current moment. As @Caameronn said above, a new batch of Forum Moderators, including myself, were recently accepted and have been doing a great job of helping out our ninjas in keeping the forums a safe place. Having a community sub-team with less permissions than our Forum Mods seems redundant, as most of the work Is already easily handled by one of our staff members. Forum Ninja itself is a team in which only Forum Mods on the staff team may achieve by promotion, so the helpers would not get a chance for promotion either way. As @Koronotchi stated, the best thing you can do if you wish to help us out is use the report button, so that the issue may be taken care of quickly by our hard working team members. Hope this helps you out!

Thanks

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Kezdero likes this.
  14. Hey!
    Although this seems to be an interesting idea, I don't believe that this should be implemented.
    First of all the Mineplex forums have a large system of rules, that I feel need to be enforced by Forum Moderators. I also feel that a community Forum Mod like role could potentially be abused. The main link behind this idea would be locking threads. I feel that this could be abused by community members who dislike an idea or the direction of a thread. This power should only be held by the OP which is currently allowed since OPs can request a thread lock.
    Overall, this is an interesting idea, but I don't feel it should be implemented. -1

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  15. It does sound like a good idea if community members want to help the forums without actually being a staff member. It would be good training for them as well. But the only person it would be up to is Jarvis, and considering there hasn't been a community sub-team yet, I don't think there would be one. I do like the idea though. I always want to help some way on the forums which is why I joined the Ideas Team, so if there was ever a forums helper team I would definitely apply.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  16. As many others have stated it would be pretty interesting for another sub-team related to the forums to be added. I’m not going to really agree with this though. Forum moderator/forum ninja is already enough and there wouldn’t really be much of a reason to add another similar sub-team with most likely less permissions, it does sound like a pretty cool and unique idea though I just don’t think that it would be a good idea at this moment. I’d love to hear more suggestions soon...

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  17. Hey,

Agreeing with other players above, I am opposed to adding another forums sub-team. At the moment, having Forum Moderator as a subteam, and Forum Ninja as a Sr. Mod team, I do not see much of a point having a third forums team. It is not that I am against your idea, because it would be nice to have another forums sub-team to help out, but when you think about it, the current forums team do a great job with moderating the forums, so I can't see a real purpose for another sub-team.

Not only is there no need for another sub-team, but this would cause a lot of confusion among many of the community members. Questions such as "What is a Forum Helper" and "Forum Helper vs Forum Ninja, what do they do?" would arise, generally making the current forums team look messy and confusing. So although I like your idea generally, I can not see it working on Mineplex's forums with the existing teams.

Thank you very much for suggesting this to the community so we can provide our feedback to you. It is a -1 from me.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  18. I get that some people are more interested in the forums than in the server itself (myself being the prime example), but despite it sounding nice and helpful at first, this idea does have several flaws. The main one is something you've pointed out in your first paragraph, which is being able to help with forum moderation when you don't want to be a staff member and go through the trainee trial before that. It sounds like the perfect idea for such people, but on the other hand, moderating the forums does require ingame activity as well. If you cannot keep up with news on the server, like certain bugs or changes, you'll have a hard time answering the users' questions and just generally expressing your opinion on many topics. As a FN/FM your ingame activity expectations are technically lifted, but only because there was the trainee trial and previous moderation experience that served as preparation. Plus, you'll still require more than 7 hours a week to dedicate to being part of the forum moderation team.

In the current situation, you can still help out a lot with moderation by reporting rule breakers on the forums. They are usually dealt with quickly, especially when there is major rule breaking. The forums team has plenty of members, as well as several staff members and community members who desire to join it in the future, and it's currently functioning as well as it can be.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  19. I don't agree with this. There are plenty of staff on the forums that can moderate the forums, and with more people to do that (who aren't staff), things might get out of hand and two people might be trying to do the same thing at the same time. This also would take away from the specialty of FNs and FMs, so adding another subteam for helping out in the forums wouldn't work out the best.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  20. There's a multitude of reasons of why we won't be accepting this.

The biggest reason here there just being no point at all. Even when the FM team is down to 3 people and FNs are at 5, we're perfectly fine in terms of moderation and everything else we do.
    Another huge reason is there would be nothing for Forum Helpers to do and it would become confusing to normal community people. This reason should be pretty self explanatory. If we let community people be a thing, we absolutely would not be giving them permissions to do forum reports or even warn people. At most we would have them move threads and just do normal posting, which isn't even that needed.

While these are the main 2 reasons, I will also put here that this idea has been denied by Nathan himself.

I'll be locking this as we absolutely will not be adding another forum team, especially a community forum sub team. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    Jaekub and Hiccuping like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.