• 351 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2930 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New SSM kit: ocelot

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by pokyvessel52506, Nov 3, 2019.

?

How do you like the idea?

1. +1

9.1%
  2. +0.5

9.1%
  3. +0

18.2%
  4. -0.5

9.1%
  5. -1

54.5%
  1. I have an idea for an ocelot kit.

knockback taken: 170%

Cost: 6000 gems

Armor:

Helmet: iron

Chestplate: leather

Pants: chain

Boots: none

Damage:

Abilities

iron pickaxe (ambush): invisibility I for 0.5 seconds then makes an explosion that deals 4 damage to any players in a 5 block radius. Cooldown: 14

Feather (Cat slash): Slashes any player in a 5 block radius. Cooldown: 10

Ocelots spawn egg (true feline): speed I for 4 seconds. Cooldown: 10

Iron axe (hide in shadows): (can only be used if you have 3 hearts or less) regeneration I for 4 seconds speed I for 4 seconds. Cooldown 10 (starts after you have 5 hearts left again)

Iron shovel (Pounce): jumps up 10 blocks in the air and deals 4 damage to any player in a 5 block radius (5 if direct hit). Cooldown: 10

Passive: 10% chance of getting a fish that heals 1 heart every 30 seconds

Smash ability (feline power): deals 7 damage to any players in a 9 block radius and gives speed I for 4 seconds and jump boost II for 5 seconds. Catapult and ambush and cat slash’s cooldown is 3 seconds (it goes back to default after)

Posted Nov 3, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 4, 2019
    Firecatz3 likes this.
  2. Hello there!
    An idea similar to this has already been suggested on the forums, although the kit moves are different in some ways. I'll link the thread here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/new-ssm-idea-the-ocelot.61322/

As far as your specific ideas for an ocelot kit, I am unsure about some things. First, when you say "throws a baby cat that does 3 damage to any player it hits (5 damage if direct hit)." do you mean that 3 damage is dealt to any player that is within a certain radius of the baby cat? If so, how large is the radius? Second, I feel that the passive could use some tweaking, because it seems that the different abilities you have suggested seem to be somewhat heavy on the jump boost. Third, more detail needs to be given on the smash ability/more uniqueness needs to be given, because from how I see it, there isn't anything very special about this smash ability, they are just getting speed and jump boost and dealing damage. I suggest some sort of visual appearance difference for the ocelot when it uses the smash ability, for more uniqueness, but that's just my thoughts. Decent start, but in my opinion it needs some changes. It will be a +0 from me for now, I'm curious to see where you go with this!

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  3. Hello!

While I don't think that an Ocelot kit will be added due to the mob's size, I'll still go through your idea.
    This is fine.
    Damage and radius seem fine. I know that you don't jump up when using this ability, but I think this could be an excellent recovery move. Also, can you please describe what this ability would look like in-game?
    Throws a baby cat that does three damage on impact but does five damage on a direct hit, what's the difference? Also, I think this ability is too similar to Cub Tackle.
    Speed I for 4 2 seconds? If I assume that's 4-2 seconds, what determines the duration? Also, get rid of the jump boost makes it way to easy to stall the match. Another thing, What's the cooldown?
    I don't think this kit would need the possibility of a third jump, and this isn't reliable for a recovery.
    This smash crystal feels more like an ability than a smash crystal.

In sum, this kit idea feels like it was rushed out, and overall needs to have more description. I think you should have the abilities be triggered by iron weapons, one so that the Ocelot will have something to deal melee damage with and two for consistency.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  4. I have changed the smash crystal a bit so it’s not just like an ability and catapult is more like block toss except the cat kinda explodes on impact
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok I’ve added two new moves and made the kit a little bit more detailed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
  5. Hey there!

This is going to be quick and concise as I’m in school and I have to go in a bit. Ultimately, I like your idea but I disagree with the abilities. For one, Fish Stomp sounds like a carbon copy of squids fish ability (the name is escaping me, sorry). I don’t see a reason to have basically the same ability. The damage radius seems fine, and the cool down is okay, but it’s basically the same thing as the squid ability.

Catapult sounds very similar to cub tackle as well. We don’t really need another small fast kit that throws a baby at people.

True feline seems OP. The cool down is too short and it will make the already small and hard-to-hit kit more annoying by allowing the player to essentially spam the ability.

Pounce seems okay, but what I really have a problem with is the passive ability. As I’m sure we all know, the ocelot is a fairly small animal. This makes it already hard to hit and keep up with. Having so many abilities that give it speed and jump boost and then a passive that does the same thing sounds unreasonable. This kit would be flying around everywhere, spamming catapult and annoying the heck out of everybody. This keep seems very unnecessary and overpowered.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  6. Heyo!

I think that some parts of these aspects of ocelot kit are good and some of the aspects seem a little repetitive in my opinion. The fish stomp sounds like something from the squid kit as @saltyfishhy said above. Also, maybe remove the boots for the armor or something, it has better than average armor for a SSM kit. I may be missing something here since I'm at school as well and school starts in 7 minutes, so just trying to do this thread as simple and as quick as possible! I hope you understand what I'm getting to here!
    (Might edit during or after school to make this post more detailed with my points.)
    (School dismisses at 1:30 PM EST but I won't be able to make an update till about 5:15 PM EST cause I have family activities today, I don't normally have these activities it's just today.

Posted Nov 4, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 4, 2019
    Jocoe and saltyfishhy like this.
  7. ok I’ve reworked the kit a bit so tell me what you think about the reworked ocelot kit
    --- Post updated ---
    I’ve removed the moves that were too much like other moved and replaced them with other moves

And changed the passive since it was op and also nerfed true feline

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
  8. I like the abilities a lot better now. One thing that I don’t like though is cat slash. Your description seems a little vague. Does it go forward all at once, or more slow like bone rush? I think it could be a lot better if it was more like bone rush or firefly but a bit more unique.

One more thing you should change is the armor. Maybe make it leather boots or remove the boots altogether.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
  9. Ok I’ve changed the armor and cat slash
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok I’ve made a poll

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  10. I like this muchh better now. Solid kit +1

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    pokyvessel52506 likes this.
  11. These abilities are just an AoE attack. Instant AoE abilities are generally dumb and can be broken if not balanced properly. They are also pretty generic and isn't anything special that pertains to the kit.

Again, pretty generic moves. They are just abilities that give the user some potion effects. If you look at existing abilities, see how they are designed. They are definitely more complex than just buffing the user with potion effects.

I assume this is like seismic slam? Nothing unique. I suggest reworking this ability so it fits with the theme of the kit and to add a unique aspect to it.

Passive seems pretty useless with the low the chance is combined with the long cooldown. I'm unsure of what would be considered balanced, as that would require some testing.

Posted Nov 5, 2019
    Eroil and KarmaCallama like this.