• 351 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2435 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New SSM Kit Idea: Donkey

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Puppet, Oct 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should it?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Yes, with some tweaks

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Hello!

Today I'm going to propose a Donkey kit idea. The donkey is tamed with a chest equipped to it. This will come in later.

Name of Kit: Donkey
    Cost: 5000 Gems
    Weapons: Iron Axe and Iron Hoe
    Damage: 5
    Armor: 5.5 (Leather Cap and Leggings, Iron Chestplate and Boots)
    Knockback: 130%
    Regeneration: 0.35 h/ps

Abilities
    Right-Click the Iron Axe to use Bale Out
    You spawn a 3x3x1 Platform under you made of hay bales. The platform lasts for 5 seconds.
    Cooldown: 12 seconds

Right-Click the Iron Shovel to use Grain Rain
    Pieces of wheat fall to the ground like an airstrike. The strike zone is 6 blocks by 3 blocks. Each wheat piece does 3 damage.
    Cooldown: 7 seconds

Right-Click the Iron Hoe to use Inventory (This move is NOT RNG-based)
    You shuffle through 5 items in your chest. You will have to right-click the item to use it.
    1) Feather - You fall slower for 4 seconds. Knockback is increased to 150%.
    2) Slimeball - You will be able to climb walls for 7 seconds.
    3) Cookie - You gain Speed II for 3 seconds.
    4) Ink Sac - Blindness is given to any player within a 3 block radius. It lasts for 2 seconds. Does 2 damage.
    5) Firework - A firework explodes without going up. Does 5 damage.
    Cooldown: 10 seconds after the effect of the item has ended

Smash Crystal: Hestia's Power
    The blocks in a 20 block radius are turned into netherrack, then it is promptly set on fire. Fire does 3 damage each hit.
    Duration: 20 seconds

Thanks for reading! I am open to suggestions. :D

Posted Oct 13, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 14, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. I think the kit sounds great! Personally I don't play SSM much so I can't offer much critisism, but the kit does seem fairly balanced. Hope that it gets added to the game!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Puppet likes this.
  3. Thank you! I always try my best to be creative when creating these!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  4. Wow! This has really been thought out carefully and thoroughly. As an active player in SSM, I love the kits they have added (Villager and Guardian), however I think it's time we add more kits to the game, and donkey sounds like a great addition! Keep being creative! And I hope it gets added to the game.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Puppet likes this.
  5. I like your idea, but I'm going to break down the details of the kit:

The knockback is a bit too much. I suggest that it should be 130%.

This is too overpowered because the platform lasts too long, so I think it should last for 5 seconds.

I'm going to break down the details of each Item:
    1. The feather is a little bit too overpowered. I think the slow falling should last for 4 seconds.
    2. There is nothing wrong with the slimeball.
    3. The cookie is also a bit too overpowered, so I think the Speed 2 should last for 3 seconds.
    4. The problem with the ink sac is that it doesn't deal any damage, so I suggest that it should deal 1-3 damage.
    5. For the firework, you forgot to add the distance to the explosion, so it's way too underpowered.

This is too underpowered because the radius is too short and the fire damage is too weak, so I think the radius should be 20 blocks, and I think the fire damage should be 3.

I'm going to give this idea a +0, but I suggest making some changes before I give it a +1.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Puppet likes this.
  6. Done! For the firework, It doesn't go any distance. It explodes right when you use it.

OP OP
    NoHacksJustGavin likes this.
  7. Good idea +1

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  8. I think the general concept of the donkey kit is something that should be added but it's hard to say with all these abilities whether it would be balanced or not. It would proabaly need to be tested

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Puppet and SpitefulNick like this.
  9. So judging from this bale out is the recovery, does it do any damage aside from if you block glitch an opponent?

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  10. That's why I gave the Inventory items low duration times. With the Slimeball, I thought of Hyrule Modified and wanted the donkey to be able to climb the huge tower wall.
    --- Post updated ---
    No

OP OP
  11. With the slimeball, how fast would they climb the wall? Would it be at the same speed as wall climb? I feel like better ability for a slimeball would work like the slime block where after a double jump they would bounce up really high when they land

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  12. The speed is the same as wall climb.
    I feel like that would be really OP, being able to spawn a slime block under you along with Bale Out. You could be able to spawn a platform at the peak of the height and camp out other players. Which would be very annoying to fight.

OP OP
  13. Eh not really, as after 5 seconds they would have to come down

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  14. Ok, then they double jump to another area and the process starts all over again.

OP OP
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    You have hackusated me numerous times and only have 38 wins, not exactly the profile of someone that should be making kit reviews

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  15. Hey!

The idea itself does seem like it took some time to make, so props for that. However, the kit abilities seem very useless and unhelpful compared to every other mob in the game. The smash crystal ability does not fit the persona of a donkey, and is rather random.

The hay bale ability is not very useful, and can easily be substituted for an offensive ability rather than defensive. If anything, I believe the Inventory ability should be the smash crystal due to it's uniqueness and characteristics attributing to the individual mob. Therefore, a new regular ability would have to be added.

As of now, there are no kit abilities for offense, and it seems as if to win with this kin, you would have to do a lot of melee. The goal of SSM is to use cool and special abilities, and I believe this kit would not suffice as of now. With some tweaks and adjustments, the idea may be pondered in the future, but currently I do not see it best fit for implementation. Thanks!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  16. Donkeys are sacred to the Greek Goddess Hestia, and in most depictions of her, she is shown holding a flame.

I suppose I could add a third ability.
    --- Post updated ---
    I added a new ability if you want to see it.

OP OP
  17. For that ability, what does it mean when a piece of wheat hits the ground like an airstrike?

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  18. Meaning they don't fall to the ground all at once. It's kind of hard to describe. It falls in a sequence like a plane is dropping it as it's flying.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 16, 2019
  19. Hey!

This kit looks pretty interesting, and it's hard to say if all the abilities is balanced well or not. I think that some abilities in this kit might be removed, such as the "Feather" ability, etc. But the main idea of a donkey kit sounds cool, and I do like some of the ideas that you've got. I just think that this idea has to be worked with, because I think that they may be other solutions on the abilities.

Also, we do have many kits at SSM already, so I don't know if they will really be making this at the moment, but maybe in the future.

Anyway, I'll give this a +0.5

Posted Oct 17, 2019