• 450 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3029 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New SSM kit: ender dragon

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by pokyvessel52506, Nov 16, 2019.

1. So I have an idea for a balanced Ender dragon kit. (The size is nerfed to the size of a player)

stats:

Cost: 9000

Armor:

Helmet: iron

Chestplate: chain

Pants: chain

Boots: Iron

Damage: 4

Knock back taken: 130%

Jump: 5 blocks per jump

Health regeneration: 0.4 hearts per second

Abilities:

Iron sword (ender breath): shoots out purple particles that deal 2 damage and +20% knockback to any player in a 4 block radius. After it does does damage it will stay there dealing 0.5 (half a heart) damage for every second your in it and goes away after 4 seconds. Cooldown: 12

Iron axe (queens stomp): stomps on the ground making shockwaves that deal 2-4 damage to any player in a 5 block radius. Cooldown: 15

iron pickaxe (bite): goes forward 8 blocks and deals 1-3 damage and slowness I for 3 seconds to any player it hits. Cooldown: 12

Passive: none

Smash ability (Friend of Douglas): increase size to a regular dragon and takes 60% less damage but +10% knock back. Duration: 12

Clarifications:

When it says ?-? damage it depends on how close the player is.

If you have any other questions I will answer them

Posted Nov 16, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 16, 2019
  2. Seems like a balanced kit, the one thing I would say is change the smash. Make it called friend of Douglass and have it increase your size to that of a real dragon, but you cant use any of your skills, but you take 60% less dmg per hit for the duration of the smash

Posted Nov 16, 2019
    EmerProd likes this.
  3. I'm pretty sure that's it's not possible to make the ender dragon smaller. So unless the kit was just using a custom ender dragon skin (which would look a lot worse than all the other mobs) then it wouldn't work.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  4. Yes! The name!
    --- Post updated ---
    I think it’s possible to change the dragons size. Technically you could just redraw it’s smaller

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2019
  5. There is no such thing as a balanced enderdragon kit

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  6. I think it
    wdym?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2019
  7. Yeah.... what?

Also, I just read the smash crystal. Enderman's smash crystal already turns it into an ender dragon and having 2 smash abilities that do the same thing would not work. And yours sounds broken. As far as I can tell, you become as big as a normal dragon but can just walk around like usual with speed II while doing aoe damage around you? You could effectively glue yourself to any other player with very little counterplay for most mobs.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  8. This kit should be unlocked by getting lvl 100. It should fly. Also, why make it smaller? Full send end it!

Posted Nov 16, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  9. You can’t simply redraw the ender dragon to make it smaller.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
    _JPXFRD_, Xukuri and KarmaCallama like this.
  10. Hello!

I commend you for sharing this kit idea with us! I really think this is a great and balanced kit. However, I do not think that the size of the character would be a good idea, nor anything dealing with downsizing the character. What makes the Ender Dragon unique is the size of the Ender Dragon. I do not think that the downsized character would look appealing. In my opinion, it would look like a baby. This basically defeats the purpose of the Ender Dragon. If you kept all the powers, armor, and weapons but used on a different mob. This kit would be great; depending on which mob could use this kit. I hope you found this helpful, and a direction towards a different mob!

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  11. Okay so first I want to address that the Ender Dragon is already being used in SSM as part of the enderman’s special smash so I don’t really see why we should implement a kit as this is already used in our game and won’t be very unique at all.

In addition to that, the hit box is way too big and will technically be impossible to add as it will add an unfair advantage to the player and will in some cases cover the entire island. We also cannot simply “redraw” the scale as that will require a whole texture pack which will take a lot of time and since it isn’t necessarily needed into the game I don’t see why we should use precious time to create a smaller version of the dragon.

Overall, it is technically impossible and wouldn’t be necessary to add in the Ender Dragon into SSM as we already have a lot of kits and because of that, we need to have our characters more unique and appealing to our audience. Adding the Ender Dragon would make more SSM games more chaotic as well. What if everyone picks the same kit, that happens to be the Ender Dragon. How will our code interact with the kit as the entity is coded inside of the game to destroy blocks automatically. What will happen if it dies? Will it just make entity disappear from the world and respawn with the player or will the regular dragon death be played. All these questions will have to come in hand especially when dealing with such a massive entity.

For now I’m going to give this a +0
    If you have any questions regarding the feedback or generally just any concern, feel free to hit me up with a PM or just reply to this post.
    Have a nice day,
    ~BasicT

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  12. Hey there!
    I commend you for taking the time to really think this kit out and make an attempt at a balanced kit. However, I don't think this kit would really be possible. As others have stated, changing the ender dragon's size would require resources and big changes to the game as a whole that I don't think would be worth the risk. As @BasicT also stated, the Ender Dragon is already incorporated in some way in the form of the smash for the Enderman, therefore it would be kind of strange to add in a kit that looks the same as it. Also, the logic in this doesn't really work; an Ender Dragon is a dragon, which is for the most part always flying, so unless we gave the Ender Dragon the ability to fly at all times (which would make the kit overpowered), it wouldn't be realistic. Thank you for the suggestion, have a good day!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    BasicT likes this.
  13. Well, it would be cool to have an enderdragon kit, but it's kind of already in the game, which is in the Enderman's crystal stare ability. I don't think it would be necessary to add a kit which is similar to another kit in the game We have ton of kits already in the game, so we don't really need to have many other kits added.

But I like the idea, tho. It's only the fact that it already exists. I'll give this a -1

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  14. Ender dragon is already the smash crystal for enderman.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  15. The armor seems fair but a health regeneration of 0.4 on top of that is really unbalanced, think of how creeper can regenerate really fast with it’s 0.4 regeneration speed, Ender dragon would be like that but with much better armor meaning that if it was reduced down to a players hit box it wouldn’t even need abilities, it could crush any player without them. And yeah it’s Ability is the same as endermans. Also I don’t really understand the swords ability very much, it attacks players within a 4 block radius but falls on the ground and stays there for 4 seconds, is it like guardians target laser but visible and falls on the ground?, and the axe Ability seems a lot like the first one, and like a AoE version of Iron Golems fissure, I like where you are coming from though, these abilities seem useful in a situation where all players are fighting at the same time or you are being teamed on. And bite should have a 8 second cooldown and do 2 damage on impact.

Posted Nov 24, 2019