• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10571 Players Online
  • 7681 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New SSM Achievement kit - Vindicator

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Exile The Wolf, Sep 14, 2020 at 2:16 PM.

1. Heya!

I have came up with a new SSM kit description below

Kit: Vindicator
    Cost: Achievement kit
    Armor: 5.5 (full gold armor)
    Damage 5.5
    Weapons: Iron Axe, Iron Shovel
    Axe ability: Roped axe throw. Right click to throw your axe dealinga a max of 7.5 damage depending how far you are from the player. the axe will return to you after youy throw it. Cool down is 7 seconds
    Shovel Ability: Crush: Right click shovel and you will launch into the air and land onto a player if you land on one. Once you land on the player, they will recieve slowess III for 4 seconds. if you land on a player, they will take 6.5 damage,cooldown is 20 seconds
    Smash crystal ability: Illager rage. You will recieve strength I and speed II for 30 seconds. This will last for 30 seconds, or until the you kill a player before the 30 seconds end, or until you die before the 30 seconds ends

Let me know what you think!

Posted Sep 14, 2020 at 2:16 PM,
    Last edited Sep 17, 2020 at 10:43 AM
  2. There is one major problem with this idea: it represents a mob that is not available in 1.8. Unless there is a way of making it playable in 1.8, I will have to disagree with this idea

Posted Sep 14, 2020 at 2:22 PM
    Paladise likes this.
  3. I think this is a really cool idea but as said above, mobs above 1.8 can't be used sadly, this is to allow any player on any version to play the game. So sadly I just don't think this will be possible, I do love the creativity of it though!

Posted Sep 14, 2020 at 3:02 PM
    Paladise likes this.
  4. Yep, the biggest flaw here is the fact it's a 1.8+ mob, which means it wouldn't appear for players below the 1.11 version. It's unlikely that Mineplex will ever fully switch to 1.9 version or above so for now this will remain simply impossible to implement due to version differences.

Posted Sep 15, 2020 at 3:22 AM
    ✨Aƚʅαɳɳαƈ✨ likes this.
  5. Cool concept despite being unachievable in the current stance of Mineplex. A few criticisms worth noting:

Firstly, the slam ability is something that has already been implemented in 2 different variations already. That being Iron Golem's: Seismic Slam and Guardian's: Water Splash. Having yet another kit with a slam ability would become repetitive and overused.

Another concern with the slam ability is Slowness 3. While it would definitely be difficult to land directly onto an opponent given the mobility aspect of the game, if you did, that would be an immediate death sentence without question. Slowness 3 in itself is so slow you might as well not move. To have that continued for a full 4 seconds is a huge amount of time comparable to the already op aspects of Spider and Wolf: Spin Web and Cub Tackle. Both of those abilities are notoriously disliked and having a kit with a similar sort of lockdown capability is just going to encourage more distastefulness for that style of kit.

Furthermore, all smash crystals restore your health bar to full no matter it's effects. If you were low and used the crystal to regen your health, you will be quite underwhelmed to only restore a portion of your health as oppose to the full amount like all other kits. Similarly, crystals are designed to give the player using them a huge advantage. The advantage granted on most smash crystals is often unbeatable. Some kits receive invincibility, others receive regen and so on. So to have a crystal that negatively effects you by potentially taking away health (assuming you use the crystal while full health) is contradictory of the smash crystals purpose and in some instances may even put you at a disadvantage if you are against a more PvP skilled player.

These are all things to consider when designing potential kit ideas!

Let me know what you think :)

Posted Sep 17, 2020 at 9:11 AM
  6. UPDATE 9/17/2020 Changed smash crystal ability description by removing dropping down to only 7 hearts. You will now still have full health with the smash crystal.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2020 at 12:30 PM
    73GG likes this.