• 1367 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5902 Players Online
  • 4535 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New sky block

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Janterwentbao83, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Sky block is one of the top trending games and if you added a diverse version of sky block Mineplex would almost double in population

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  2. Yes, mineplex only adds many diverse versions of games which most of the time are ridiculous. I think that there is nearly no way to beat the H community server's skyblock quality because that is the S+++ tier skyblock. Mineplex always tries to implement trendy games/ideas but gets backlashed by the community.

I see what you mean but it just sounds weird.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  3. Hi there

I see what you mean by adding a new game but Mineplex isn't trying to copy other servers or copy other games, this would just make Mineplex the same as other servers, Mineplex is a server that is unique from others for it's games community etc, adding a game that almost every other server has would just make Mineplex bland. Personally I don't agree with this idea so I'm giving this a -1. Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on your suggestions!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Fluuuf likes this.
  4. This would probably not work out. Skyblock is an over saturated gamemode on the internet with probably over hundreds of servers running the gamemode. The only reason that it worked on (massive server that I cannot say the name of, but you probably know what I'm talking about) was because they changed the core game mechanics and basically made it their own game.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  5. Skyblock is quite interesting, but quite honestly, lots of servers already have it. Sure, I'd love to see the Mineplex version, but in turn it would probably cause a lot more negatives opinions/views that some people already have against Mineplex. I don't think this will be the game to necessarily 'revive' or double the population as it really isn't original. I can see the community benefitting by a new game with a similar concept in which people can grind and level up, but something other than skyblock. The developer time on this would be massive, and it would need constant updating. I just don't think adding Skyblock would be the best decision at the current state of the server. Thanks for your suggestion.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  6. To be completely honest, I actually do not mind this idea. Skyblock would be a really fun and exciting addition to the server. It has been a very well known game for a while and I know that there is an audience in Mineplex that would enjoy this game. I don't necessarily think we should focus on the "doubling of players", we should focus on what people enjoy most on the server. A good addition to your idea would be a revamp of Skyblock, a completely new version of it so people can enjoy something quite new on the server. Thank you for your suggestion :D

-Dac

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  7. Heyo!
    As I really like skyblock and I think many people do too many other servers have it and Mineplex doesn’t like making games that have already been created and are in a lot of other servers but I really like the idea of customizing skyblock into like a Mineplex skyblock type thing.
    You said that adding skyblock would double the players but remember there are like over 20 servers to play skyblock on.
    Overall I have mixed feeling about this idea because I’d really like to see a Mineplex version of skyblock but it’s in my opinion skyblock is very simple so it’d be hard to customize it so I’ll be giving this idea a +0!
    Have a nice day!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  8. Hey, there.

I also made a suggestion for SkyBlock to be implemented. A lot of the responses I got were saying that the developers are very busy, and won’t have time to code a brand new plugin from scratch. But, if they ever do have extra time, I would absolutely love to see this happen.

+1

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  9. Hello!

Although, I would love to see a game like this on Mineplex. There are many reasons why sky block should not be added, and why it will probably not be added.

To start off, just like stated above me several times. This would be copied off of another server, and would not be unique like Mineplex is destined to be. This would also take a long time to develop for the Developer team, and would not be available for a very long time. This would also take most of the Developers time to focus on this rather than ideas that need to be implemented to help issues on the server. You also just stated the overall idea of sky block with no context after saying it could be unique. So something to make it unique and different from other servers would have to be shared in your overall idea. You can say that something is unique, but the reasons why it makes it unique is very essential to the idea. So I would work towards that to really make your version stand out from others.

Overall, with all of these concepts and problems stated. I will be giving this idea a -1. Until a unique version of the game is shared. Good luck on the idea!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  10. This has a possibility of working out, if it's executed really well by the Mineplex developers. It's obvious they know what they're doing, though, so it could work out.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  11. I dont think this will be added since its going to take a huge amount of dev time to make.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  12. Alright, first off, I understand where you’re coming from, and why you would like to see this implemented. Although, I will have to disagree with you in this, I will state some reasons why. For starters, as @°3° stated, it would take a lot of time to develop the game. The developers would also have to make the game very unique, or it would be copying another server. This game also needs some more thought put into it, you kind of gave us nothing to work with. You just stated that you thought SkyBlock should be added and didn’t provide any detail regarding the thread. So, I will have to give this -1.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  13. Work on clans, and make it easier for new players and more advanced players. Clans is a game that has so much potential but dev time is Unexistent.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  14. Hey!'
    Personally I love Skyblock. I use to play it all the time and I wish it was part of Mineplex so I could play it here. While I would love for it to be added, I don't think it's the right time to add another "long term" game mode. Mineplex's main long term game mode is Clans, which already needs a ton of dev time. As of now I don't think we have enough dev time to implement Skyblock and keep it up and running; along with dealing with bugs from not only Skyblock, but clans too. I wish you provided some specific things we could add to Skyblock to kind of give it it's own Mineplex variation so I could get a better idea of what you are thinking of. Like I said while I do really want Skyblock added, if we add it we lose a ton of dev time everywhere else in the server which would result in a ton of bugs elsewhere. That's why I have to give this idea a -1 sadly, despite me loving the game mode.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    GAM likes this.