• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Shop Items for Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by DJ Slide, Jan 23, 2020.

?

Should this idea be added to cake wars?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

36.4%
  1. The Idea

We need new shop items for Cake Wars to make the game more fun for all players. These new items will give the players new ways to play Cake Wars.

Potions: (Durations of Potions are the builder or admins choice.)

Invisibility: Invisibility Potions can be used to sneak into other player's bases to break their cakes or for a quick way to hide other players. Invisibility Potions should cost at least 5 emeralds. (This just a suggestion for the price.)

Speed: Speed Potions can be used to quickly run if you are being chased. Speed Potions should cost at least 5 emeralds. (This just a suggestion for the price.)

Jump Boost: Jump Boost Potions can be used for building wool towers or just for any jumping needs the player may have. Jump Boost Potions should at least cost 5 emeralds. (This just a suggestion for the price.)

Cake Defences

Wood: Wood is used to defend the bed. Wood should cost 6 iron for 12 blocks of wood. (This just a suggestion for the price.)

Traps: (Part of Cake Defences)

Miner Fatigue: Used to protect the cake and the defense from breaking as fast. Miner Fatigue should cost at least 15 or 20 emeralds. (This just a suggestion for the price.)

Additional Tools

Axe: Used to break wood. It should cost at least 5 emeralds. (This just a suggestion for the price.)

Player Tracker: This is a compass that tracks players if they're hiding. It should cost at least 10 emeralds. (This just a suggestion for the price.)

Conclusion

This just my idea of what cake wars should look like in the future. I hope this idea will fuel your minds with my idea. Thx ~ DJ

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. I'm going to assume your talking about bedrock CW, the wood and axe are a great idea, its already in java and it works well so I don't see a reason not to add that. I don't think the miner fatigue should be added though unless it only lasts for a few seconds because that would just be so OP. As for the potions I'm not to opposed to the jump boost and speed, the invisibility would be OP. Overall +.75 because you have some good ideas but some of them might need to be nurfed

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    DJ Slide likes this.
  3. I stopped reading after I read your suggestion about player tracker because Mineplex MUST add a player tracker as it will allow people to kill the hiders!

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    DJ Slide likes this.
  4. I added that cuz I sometimes too I have a hard time trying to find those pesky hiders.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  5. I personally enjoy cakewars due to the fact that invis potions etc aren't an option. I think that it would sort of ruin the game for me. I don't really see a reason to add the pots, but that's just me :)

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    DJ Slide likes this.
  6. Thread moved to bedrock ideas

I generally don't see a problem with adding the trap and additional tools. Some of these features do exist on Java such as an axe and I honestly don't see a reason to why they shouldn't be added. However, for the potions, I think they can majorly affect gameplay and I don't think players would like this change. The idea of potions could be executed in special events like OP Cake Wars where this can be an option to add.

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    xGetRektedx and DJ Slide like this.
  7. Ok.

So what would be added if this was an update to CW?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 23, 2020
  8. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this question?

Posted Jan 23, 2020
  9. I think there asking what would only be available in event CW vs what would be added in if there was an update to the game.

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  10. I mean what parts of my idea would be put in to play?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2020
  11. Hello, I love the ideas that you've listed. For the miner fatigue, I'd like to see nether stars needed for it instead of emeralds, since everyone on the team could benefit from this. Another thing I'd like to suggest is the potion prices. A golden apple costs 8 emeralds and an ender pearl costs 7. I feel like potions are game-changing and should cost a bit more. I love all the suggested items/effects you listed and I hope they are added into the game in the future.

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    xGetRektedx and DJ Slide like this.
  12. I can’t guarantee any idea being implemented unfortunately. The Community Management team and the production team has to approve/process the idea first, then the developers with their tight schedule would work on the idea when they have a free space to do so. So I can’t really give you an ETA regarding when your idea would be implemented or processed. I personally liked the trap and additional tools section of the idea and would think it would be great to implement it to the game but I can’t guarantee the idea being implemented and I’m just giving my opinion. c:

Posted Jan 23, 2020
  13. I disagree with all your suggestions except for player trackers. It’s just that, the ideas you propose all make the aspect of the game harder then it already is. I’ll just break it down as short as I can.

Invisibility
    This takes away strategy, and not to mention can be used as a huge advantage in pvp, and the cost you propose is not justifiable.
    Speed
    Cakewars evolves around strategy, not running around your opponents over and over again in hopes they get tired. It’s fairly easy to run away from your opponent even when you don’t have speed.
    Jump boost
    Not really opposed to it, but not really a necessity. I can’t think of any scenario in which we would need jump boost.
    Wood/Axes
    End stone is hard enough to break into a teams cake, and if we were to add axes into the game, then it should be 5 bricks not emeralds. Why put wood in the bricks section and the axes in the emerald section? That just forces the player to go for emerald points. Not really a bad thing, but that impacts the play style for many people.

And I can agree for player trackers, but aside form that, the ideas you proposed drastically changes the play style for cakewars. A normal game of cakewars should only last maybe at least 7-10 mins, some even less then 5, if these were added, the game could last over 10 mins.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  14. Tbh games that go too quickly are fun if u r winning if you're loosing that's a different story. Some other teams deserve a chance to at least win once. It'll level out the playing field a little yes but all players deserve a little advantage.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2020
    Strafer303 likes this.
  15. Hello! It’s always good to see more and more ideas being shared with the community! Unfortunately, I have to disagree with this thread.
    Invisibility
    I have to strongly disagree with this. This would be a huge advantage to players. I have already experienced this on another server and it just plain annoying to deal with. The minimum it would do is aspire more campers and elongate the game more than it should be.

Speed
    @Strafer303 stated this perfectly, Cake Wars is exactly that. Strategy based game. This would just be unfair to players who are actually trying at PVP, whereas it would be easy for players to seem good at PVP when they have swiftness equipped. Frankly, it would just be hard to hit them, if you did not have swiftness on yourself. It would probably help PVP dramatically and unbalance the game.
    Jump boost
    This is just another way to improve PVP. It would be very difficult to hit players with jump boost. Again, it would unbalance the game, altering it. I see no need for this to be added, it would just increase the amazing of tryhards that there are. Personally, I love Bedrock PVP and would not want it to be altered-there’s a reason Bedrock is Bedrock and Java is Java. The PVP is immensely different, by adding these potions it would change the course of Bedrock.
    Wood/Axes
    End stone is annoying enough as it is, bricks, clay, they are all tough to deal with. Adding another resource to protect the cake would just increase the amount of playing time, because players wouldn’t be able to rush. Frankly, if you aren’t adding wood, there is no need for axes. Axes do not break faster than pickaxes, so there isn’t any reason to add them.
    Mining Fatigue
    I have to disagree with this one in particular, it would be very difficult to infiltrate another base without activating this trap, if it is enabled. Players are more likely to get caught, and thus the gameplay with take longer. This would also cancel out haste, so there would be no point in buying that, masking it ultimately useless. I can’t see this working out very well.
    Player Tracker
    I have to agree strongly with this. It will deplete the amount of campers and make rushing games easier as well as games that aren’t rushed. It will be easier to wipe teams out because you won’t have to waste time looking for players, so it will decrease the amount of game time.
    I would definitely like to see this implemented, none of the others, though. I appreciate the suggestions, but I will have to disagree because of the reasons I have stated. The only one that should be implemented is the player tracker.
    Best Regards,
    xGetRekted

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    Eye2Good4ULol and Strafer303 like this.
  16. I don't know how I feel about potions in cakewars. I think it could be easier for other players, such a win10 users, to capitalize on it and make it harder for, let's say, mobile players. Also I think it would just be very chaotic but that's just my opinion.

I agree. I think wood would work well, and also it's on java so why not BR

I like this idea and It could work. Like the TNT trap, if you try to mine an enemy block around their cake, they get fatigued but just them and not any other players who come after. Obviously make it repurchasable every time it's activated.

Axe could be a good thing to add especially if we want wood added, and a player tracker would be great to find players who are hiding.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  17. Welcome to other server bedwards but cake

Posted Jan 28, 2020