• 2034 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10472 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Shop Concept

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by LaFlame__, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Ok, so- Imagine you're playing Cake Wars and you just messed up, buying an extra pair of diamond boots, wasting 10 emeralds. Or, you found an extra diamond chestplate in a chest and need emeralds. This is where my idea comes into play. This concept is that, for example, you can have a pair of diamond boots and can "return" it to the shop and be reimbursed for 10 emeralds, the price of the item. This could save a lot of frustration when you mess up and buy an extra item or two.

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  2. I think this is a great idea but I would recommend that the items can be returned for half the amount back. This would just keep it more fair is someone picks up a ton of diamond armor.

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  3. True, maybe 3/4 of the price so it isn't abused. Also having the reimburse option at the bottom of the GUI next to the x2 multiplier could be a snug spot for it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 27, 2019
  4. Hey!

I do like the concept, however, my concern would be that it could be easily abused and some people would likely find some form of duplication bug. However, if this was addressed then I quite like the idea. However, I do think it would have to be lower than a 100% reimbursement i.e. 60%

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  5. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion as it's better suited here.

As for this idea, I personally don't have any issues with it, although buying the wrong things on accident has never been a huge problem for me, I definitely agree that it can be annoying and inconvenient. How exactly would this work? Would you be able to trade armour you're currently wearing, such as, exchanging your diamond chestplate and going back to iron or leather? I do think the idea of exchanging a chestplate you found in an islands chest for emeralds if you don't need/want it is interesting, and could be a nice addition. I'm curious to see other people's thoughts on this.

Posted Feb 27, 2019
    Lionatthezoo likes this.
  6. I feel as though it's easy enough to gain resources to just buy the item you need if you buy another one on accident. Plus, this can lead to various issues. What if a person with multiple stacks of emeralds repeatedly returns and buys traps? This could lead to trolling issues and an exploit to render people who are attacking the cake powerless.

Posted Feb 27, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 28, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  7. Hii! I think this is a really interesting idea! I definitely think it'd be helpful, especially since I know I make mistakes like that a lot more than I probably should, and getting even at least some sort of reimbursement for an otherwise kind of useless (at least in the moment) item, would be great! I do think it would have to be looked at for possible ways to abuse it, but there could definitely be some items that maybe you aren't allowed to return. For example, items that you can't duplicate (traps, etc.) you can't return them. This idea would also help with a specific situation I've been in multiple times. Let's say you buy a Rune of Holding but then soon afterward your cake gets eaten and you really have no more use for the rune. With this new idea, you could return that and get back at least some emeralds, which would honestly be a big help. Overall, I'm definitely in favor of this idea!

Have a lovely day!

~mary

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  8. I think that this idea is pretty good! I have been playing Cake Wars a bit more often lately and I find myself accidentally purchasing things that I don’t want. The concept of returning these items would be extremely useful in some cases. The only thing that I worry about is, like Lion said, there could be some bugs that come with this such as a duplication bug. However, if it can be fixed quickly, I’m all for this idea. I also don’t think that items that can be bought with bricks should be returnable if you’re thinking of that as well, since bricks can easily be obtainable.

Overall, I wouldn’t be opposed to this idea if it were added. I’ve surprisingly not seen this idea be suggested before, so thanks for suggesting!

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  9. Hey there!

I do like this new idea of having to return ability back to a villager. It can be very useful to some of the players who either do not want to get it or accidentally purchased it too. Now, my only concern is that most of the players will likely be going to abuse it and intentionally bug duplicating. That sounds like it can lead to unfair disadvantages in my opinion. I have another suggestion that I want to bring this thing up for the new shop concept. There should have a short amount of time limit on when can you able to return an item back. The time limit of when you can able is around 15-30s.

I do not see any downside with this idea, but I do think it is not really important to implement. Great idea that you have! +1

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  10. Hi!

I really like this idea, and I know I personally have bought the wrong item on many occasions. Other than possible duplication glitches, as others have said above, my main concern is that the ‘Builder’ kit gets half a stack of wool over time, which, with this idea, could be returned for 6 bricks. While it doesn’t sound like a huge deal, it could be a matter of life or death in the early game, as someone with an iron sword has a definite advantage over a wooden sword. Perhaps one of the two ways of acquiring wool would give you a named item? Or generally just some way to tell those apart.

Overall, +1 though, I think it’s a really good and creative idea!

Posted Feb 28, 2019