• 951 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8831 Players Online
  • 7880 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New PvP/Bridge Game Idea

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ItsJqke, Jun 10, 2021.

?

Would you play something like this?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. If it was expanded on

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. So this game takes place on a map with roughly 5 islands; 1 central island and 4 'player' islands. Each player starts off with x amount of blocks and a weapon and some armor (could be kit based). The center island has a point that each player is trying to capture. Since each island is spread apart, the players must bridge to the center to try and capture the point. Yes this is similar to KotH, however, we could include some kind of power ups to make it more interesting. These power ups include; no knock-back, strength, speed, jump boost, deal more knock-back, obtain more blocks, an item that instantly creates a bridge, some health, and maybe even a quick teleportation system to get back to safety. And another touch that I thought of, not sure weather it can be good or bad, but when you get eliminated, your bridge's get destroyed. The way a winner can be decided is x amount of points can be given amount every second you have captured the point. First to, say 300 points, wins the game. This idea is not only a fun spin-off of KotH, but also will benefit the server. How? Well most players these days, are interested in PvP and fast paced gameplay. People also tend to practice different types of bridging and 'flex' on their friends with difficult bridging techniques. This would attract players who are interested in this kind of gameplay, and maybe people from other servers would also try and switch over. This also opens opportunities for new cosmetics, such as 'bridge disintegration animations,' 'power-up pick-up animations,' 'point capturing animations,' and if this idea is expanded on this opens a whole new realm of possibilities. I see this as an absolute win, and in the little chance that this flops, you could in theory expand on it with new updates.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  2. Bedrock could use a game like this, although it sounds a lot like cake wars with the islands and the middle point

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  3. This seems like a good idea, seems a bit like cakewars/cubecrafts bridges combined tho. With some work, this could be a really good game. Issue is, it would take a lot of dev work to get working, considering all the power ups and bridge features. With all that, i doubt this will happen, as the devs wont put the effort into this. Even if it does happen, it would turn from a good idea into a buggy mess, without proper work and effort put into the project.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  4. I know a few people who are going to be apply for dev and do have plans to work on games if they do get the job, but I agree with the fact that this will be buggy, it would not be a 1 update thing, it could be improved overtime, but I do appreciate your feedback.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 10, 2021
  5. I think this game would be a good edition to the bedrock server. It seems like a cool idea.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  6. I hope this happens, dont get me wrong. i LOVE this idea, and want to play it. Im saying with leadership/devs rn it wont happen.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.