• 418 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2997 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned New PPC Perk: GIF Profile Picture and Banner

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Jaekub, Nov 11, 2019.

1. For the longest time on the new website, only Admin+ (and Devs, I believe) are able to set their profile pictures and banners to GIFs. I'm proposing that we should allow users with Power Play Club to also set their profile pictures and banners to GIFs. Users will still get punished for inappropriate profile pictures and banners.

What would be cool about this is that Power Play Club users can now have a lot more things as their profile pictures and banners, like a small clip from their favorite movie or even someone just dancing. It would make then stand out among others as PPC members and it would give more value to it as well.

Only a small change would have to be made to GIF profile pictures and banners to just increase the value a little bit.

-Profile pictures would play the GIF all at times when the profile picture is viewed.

Please let me know what you think! I'm open to feedback!

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    Toxcity, SpitefulNick, Mitchy and 5 others like this.
  2. Hey there!

I see no harm in this idea whatsoever. In the past, there haven’t been many perks that directly apply to the forums rather than in-game. A GIF profile picture is a good reward and honesty an incentive to donate in itself. Think of the people that pay to put an emoji next to their name on namemc. Customizing your profile is a fun way to get involved on the forums, and people with power play club will have even more fun with more options to choose from.

I personally was considering this purchase and honestly PPC would sound more appealing to me if it had this perk. The only negative to this perk that I see is admins and owners or devs would have to give up their special profile picture, but I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.

Good idea man!
    +1

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  3. Heyo!

In a way this basically is just Discord Nitro, and since it is already possible on the forums, I don't have much of an issue with it. This would just be another cool perk to be added onto PPC, and it really could interest some new users as well. Along with PPC having it, Admins and above should keep theirs if they have them, since they already have them and they shouldn't have to buy PPC to keep it.

My only question is what happens once your PPC membership runs out? Do you just have no profile picture or banner till you fix it? I think that should be the case since you shouldn't be able to keep it after your membership runs out. Possibly an alert a day before or when it expires so you know when to change it, but as for keeping it after, I am against that.

Overall, very good idea! I'll leave this at a +1 for now as it would be a nice feature for PPC, and could attract even more users. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  4. I agree with this idea! I believe that PPC seems to be lacking a tad at the moment, and I think that this, along with a few more meaningful forum/in-game perks, could be a catalyst for future change and interest in the purchase of PPC!

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  5. We will be taking this suggestion into consideration & discussing it internally.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    Acerna, BasicT, xOeuf and 5 others like this.
  6. Pretty much all that I want to say has been said in this thread already...so yeah, I like this as well. +1

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  7. Heyo!

I definitely agree with this idea and see no problem in it being implemented. It will definitely draw people into PPC and want to buy it more which is great for the server in terms of the marketing aspect. I really think this would be an excellent addition to PPC.

Adding onto what @TooMuchXMas4You said, I agree that if you were to cancel your PPC subscription then your profile and banner should be rest. I'd suggest that once it expires it goes back to the previous non-animated/gif banner and profile picture. This will save people time as you won't have to re-upload a banner and profile picture. This is a definite +1 from me and I totally agree with the implementation of this idea! Great idea and let's see what the outcome is.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  8. This is a great suggestion and I hope it is added as it definitely gives me an incentive to get PPC in the future when I'm able to. One thing I would slightly disagree with is the animated banner, I'm all in for an animated profile picture but I think an animated banner may be slightly too far and annoying in my opinion. I don't want to look at some profiles and have a lot of animations going on. I don't think I have a strong argument for that as it is probably just me, I have no issues with both animated profile and banner but I had a tiny disagreement with the banner part but I realized it's not that big of a deal. Since it's just PPC that will make it less prone to having any profile pics/banners breaking the rules as PPC members are paying supporters. As for canceling PPC, I think the system should simply turn the gif into an image terminating it from playing (so it's no longer a gif) if that is even possible: if not, I agree with the above suggestions. Overall, I really like your idea and it's awesome that someone finally suggested it!

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  9. I definitely want to see this for numerous reasons.

Firstly, it is a good opportunity for an extra perk to be added, which is great! This means that people have more incentive to do things like buy maybe PPC if we only enable it for PPC. I would hope it would be on for staff too as another little appreciation thing for work that the team do!

I think they've been around since the start on most Admin+ walls and I really do want to see them added because they can be really creative! As long as they're not inappropriate (which FM/FN will easily deal with if they are) it'll be lovely to see some animated things around the forums, hopefully, an animated profile picture can give some cool effects like shine and etc!​

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  10. Hello hello!

I would love to see this get added in! Currently, there is really nothing that PPC members get on the website that normal members don't besides the blue backgrounds, which I know many people that do not like it. I think that this would be a small, nice thing to have in place for our lovely PPC members, and would hopefully encourage a few more people to purchase it each month. At the moment, there are no GIFs for profile-pictures, but paid employees of Mineplex do get the animated backgrounds. There really is no difference, from a moderation stand point, of a normal image compared to a GIF, since both would simply be altered and removed if inappropriate. Overall, I'd love to see this put in place!

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  11. This is a great idea! I would definitely love to see this as a new PPC perk. If this does get through (which I hope it does!), I might buy PPC just for a GIF profile picture, ahaha. Anyways, once more, great idea!

IDEA RESPONSE
    +1

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  12. I want to see all PPC members who can be able to use GIF profile picture and animated banner! If this suggestion implements, I'm going to buy the PPC subscription, and use my customizable banner! We already know that you can get the blue color on the forums, but I think there should be an add-on this time. As I'm part of the Forums team, as long as if it's appropriate, then we won't take any actions against the forum users. +1

We should have the cooldown feature for GIF profile picture and animated banner. I believe it sounds unfair, so I don't think it's necessary to add a cooldown.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  13. Hey!

I think this is all an ok addition except for one thing. It might make the forums messy! If I'm scrolling down and see someone like @Wolfayy or @Gzen in the chat, then the blue AND the GIF will be distracting me. I feel like the blue background is good enough. Otherwise, +0.5

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  14. Animated profile pictures won't be happening. It's way too tedious and annoying and won't look good at all. We have already been looking into animated banners for PPC from another thread.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  15. I thought animated profile pictures already exist? At least on profile pages.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  16. How would it be to tedious? Why would it be annoying? How would it look bad? Why would that matter? All of your counter argument would be based on people not wanting to use it but if it's added you dont HAVE to change your profile picture or banner. Why wouldn't/shouldn't this be added?

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  17. They don't, animated banners do though.

Here's my assumption: banners are only viewed on profiles, so they only have to load and stay in one place. Profile pictures that were animated would have to span across the entire website, making it tedious and annoying. If we ended up making animated profile pictures just stay animated on the profile, I don't know the reason for that.
    You'd have to ask wanderer yourself for an exact response on this.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  18. I know one user who does indeed have a gif as their profile picture. So how's that possible?

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  19. If they do, then I didn't know about it and maybe they do exist for Admin+ then.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  20. That user is a non-staff Eternal member.

Posted Nov 12, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 12, 2019