• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by coralines, Jan 9, 2019.

1. coralines

coralines

I’ve recently noticed that the two sections we have for New posts are not matching in terms of content:

Example 1: https://imgur.com/4BxCWFO
    Some threads such as Recruitment are being displayed here, and the last person that commented on it is being showed.

Example 2: https://imgur.com/uYdpba3
    Here you see Help locked threads, but not GID locked ones? Plus you see who posted the thread instead of who last commented on it.

There’s overall a lack of consistency with threads. While I don’t really care much about seeing who last posted on the thread vs who originally posted it, I would like to see at least the same list of threads when clicking on “Show more”, since I would expect to see what threads were commented or posted on prior to that recent list.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
  2. Sophie_OGrady

Sophie_OGrady

So there are actually three places you can view a list of posts on the forums, two being the ones you outlined however you can also just get a list of 'Recent Posts'. They all show different things and I believe this is intentional, and if not it's something consistent among Xenforo sites and I'm unsure how much they can be customized.

1) So firstly, 'New Posts' on the sidebar of the forums display all posts in order of recent posts besides those in Help and Forum Games (correct me if there's any others that don't display, but I believe it's just those two).

2) The 'New Posts' page which shows after clicking 'See More Posts' (https://www.mineplex.com/find-new/87512/posts) displays unread or "new" posts, so basically any thread that has had a reply on it that you haven't yet read and it includes all sections of the forums.

3) The third one is the 'Recent Posts' page (https://www.mineplex.com/find-new/87519/posts) which displays every thread regardless of section or if you've read it or not.

These are all different and aren't consistent in the content they display because of their different uses, in my opinion.

What I will agree with you on is that the 'See More Posts' button is misleading. The page it directs you doesn't display the same as what the sidebar on the forums does yet it indicates it's just an extension of that, which it isn't.

I like having these three different pages as I actually use all of them for different things. Sometimes I want to quickly see recent posts, sometimes just unread ones, and sometimes all recent posts regardless of the section it's in. While I do believe the 'See More Posts' button is misleading, I like the three sections and don't want the content they show to change. The only change I'd support is changing the 'See More Posts' button in some way, however, I'm unsure what it can be changed to that'd make sense to users and accurately indicate what the page does.

Random idea though; how about splitting that button into two to direct to both the 'Unread Posts' page and the 'Recent Posts' page, and labelling them as such? So instead of one button at the bottom which displays 'See More Posts' and goes to the 'Unread Posts' page, there's two which are accurately labelled with the content they display. The left one would be labelled 'Unread Posts' and directs to the second one I referred to above, and then to the right of that, it would display 'Recent Posts' and direct to third one I referenced.

Anyway, this is just kinda my thoughts and some info on this, might not be of any use/relevant and is kinda a mess but oh well.

Posted Jan 9, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 9, 2019
  3. coralines

coralines

@Sophie_OGrady on mobile the last two options listed are exactly the same so I’m not sure .-.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 9, 2019
  4. Sophie_OGrady

Sophie_OGrady

I typically use the forums on a computer, but I just had a look from my phone (IOS) and it displays the same as I outlined in my post. If you haven't read any threads the two sections would look the same, however, if you were viewing posts just prior to looking at the pages you will notice any thread you've looked at doesn't display in the 'New Posts' page whereas it remains in the 'Recent Posts' sections.

Posted Jan 9, 2019