• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10156 Players Online
  • 7266 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned New Paintball features

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Whisper The Wolf, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Heya! I have came up with some new features that should be added to paintball. they are below

Power up cubes. - When you see a floating gold block, collecting it will give you a powerup based on the kit chosen. 2 power up skills will appear in the map every 75 sconds.
    Rifle kit Powerup - Double shot (when you get a powerup cube your rifle will fire 2 paintballs at once for 10 seconds)
    Shotgun Kit Powerup - Shotgun Madness (when you get a powerup cube, Your shotgun will rapid fire are of your shots for 3 seconds)
    Machine Gun kit powerup - Paintball storm (when you get a power up cube, Your machine will turn into a rapid fire storm of paintballs for 3 seconds)
    Sniper kit powerup - Heat seaking snipe - When you get a power up cube, you can shoot your sniper towards the nearest enemy that is not in your view site)

Also there are will be a Rival cube, which would be lapis blocks. When you collect them you will recieve a revival potion. 4 of these will appear in the map every 60 seconds

Anyways that's it.
    ~Rouge The Bat

Posted Feb 9, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 9, 2019
  2. Hey there!

Thanks for creating this wonderful thread about my favorite game - Paintball. Your suggestions seem to be very creative and would certainly make the gameplay more interesting. I'm not too sure how balanced those suggestions would be, but I really like the idea behind them and I hope it can be implemented on the server.

Have a nice day!
    - NickMC

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  3. Hey, I feel like some of those kits are overpowered but I do like how you mentioned ability's I don't have any thoughts on any other abilities but I feel like the ones you listed are overpowered maybe you should try to think of something that is a less overpowered ability but I like double rifle powerup, that one doesn't seem that bad and I feel like that ability would be a good feature. Anyways good luck on your feature hope at least double shot gets in!

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  4. I like the idea of various power ups, because it gives players a chance to win even if they are drastically outnumbered in a game, it certainly makes it more interesting.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  5. I really like paintball but I'm not sure about this idea. Part of the reason I find it so enjoyable is because of the simplicity, making it even the slightest bit more complex would completely change the gameplay. This would encourage players to camp/hide around the map making the game last longer. Paintball is an older game, and definitely has nostalgia around it for many people. I feel like there are probably quite a few people other then myself who don't really want any changes especially like this made.

Sure, it does make the gameplay more varied but I just don't see it making it more enjoyable. There are some experienced players who when out numbered can turn the game around and win without needing power ups. There's also the argument that this would make it extremely over powered. Overall I'm not a fan of this at all but thanks for taking the time to suggest it!

Posted Feb 14, 2019
  6. I love Paintball personally, and I love to see suggestions around the forums about it. However, I don't think that this idea would make the game any better. Part of the reason why Paintball is such a loved game is due to its simplicity. These additions that you're suggesting not only make the game unbalanced in a way, but it also defeats the simplicity of the game. I'm all for adding new features to the game - I just don't think that new additions should come in a quantity as large as this.

I also feel that Paintball should stay simple because it's a game that's good enough for anybody to play. Some games such as Survival Games and Skywars are a bit more difficult and require more strategy. Paintball is simple enough for anyone to play, even newcomers. New players on the server might not enjoy a game with these types of additions.

So while you do bring up some pretty cool ideas, I'm going to give this idea a -1 for now because I think Paintball shouldn't receive too complex updates. It should stay simple is what I'm saying.

Posted Feb 14, 2019
  7. I don't hate these ideas, but I think adding them to the base game would take away from its fun. Maybe a newer version of Paintball (maybe even Sploor) could accommodate these better. Besides that, though, it seems the Shotgun and Machine Gun kit power-ups are the same. I'd suggest trying to differentiate the two. Maybe Shotgun power-up cubes give your shots an area-of-effect blast that paints the nearby walls? I don't know, as balancing for these things can be tricky.

Posted Feb 14, 2019
  8. I think these ideas would be a cool idea for an OP paintball game, but currently, the community likes paintball the way it is and changing it would be a mistake that Mineplex can't afford to make.

Posted Feb 14, 2019
  9. This idea has been discussed by Game Insights and we do not think it would be a beneficial addition to the game for the following reasons:

• Too complicated and unnecessary for Paintball
    • Adding more heal potions into the game prolongs rounds and frustrates players
    • All the upgrades are overpowered and unbalanced

Not Planned - Denied by GI

Posted Jul 31, 2020