• 465 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8903 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New paint ball kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Korben2005, Oct 11, 2019 at 8:44 PM.

?

Should the machine gun be removed

1. Remove

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Keep

87.5%
  3. Modify

12.5%
  1. Medic: you start with a pistol, permanent speed 1 and 1 heal. Every time you get a kill you get a heal. The pistols cool down time is 1 second and it deals 1 dmg per hit. This kit would be am achevment kit, the sniper would take the place of the machine gun and the machine gun would be removed.
    I feel like the machine gun is just a spam gun and most players dislike fighting against it, but it dosnt have to be removed.
    Let me know what you think and if this kit would improve gameplay =P

*edited*
    I posted modifications below
    Its about 14 posts down or so

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 8:44 PM,
    Last edited Oct 12, 2019 at 8:50 PM
    TherealAntic3 likes this.
  2. Fantastic kit idea, but with the healing pot after every kill, I feel as if there should be a limit on how many healing pots you get. So let's say you get three kills, you get three healing pots, but you can no longer get any more pots until the next game just so that the kit seems a little more balanced. The permanent speed one seems a bit much. Maybe 10 seconds of speed one after every kill with no limit.

I would keep the Machine Gun, but if a lot of players complain, then it may need a slight tweak.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM
  3. What about adding a maximum? So you can only carry 2 at a time.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 9:05 PM
  4. That does sound a lot better, and I think it could work. Since you can only carry two at a time, you would have to learn to manage your potions and not just hog them. No need for a limit now. The maximum sounds like a great idea.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 9:08 PM
    Korben2005 likes this.
  5. Hey there!

This kit is a nice idea but I don't think it's going to work out with Super Paintball and here's my view:

Firstly, the splash potion that heals players (if they're dead, it would revive them and if it was a player coated with paint, it removes the paint on them and restores their full HP) is fine as it is, you are only given three of these potions at the beginning of the game and in my opinion it should stay that way as if players were to receive a potion upon each kill, the game would go on for a really long time as the team would constantly revive each other, making it an endless game. I would suggest having a maximum of 1 potion in your inventory so that you can't be able to stack them over each other as that would cause the game to be super long.

Secondly, I can see that you had the kit get a fairly slow gun to balance out the fact that you get healing potions every time you get a kill but I think that the pistol wouldn't be liked as much, the cooldown is too long, having a cooldown of 1 second would mean that if the player doesn't have an accurate accuracy, they pretty much cannot do anything. Having 1 damage done every hit is also low, if that's the case, you'd need 20 consecutive hits to kill a fully healed player which can seem too much. The current rifle is a two-hit kill and the Machine gun is a four-hit kill. I would suggest maybe raising the amount of damage so that it needs only five hits for a kill.

Lastly, removing the machine gun and replacing it with this kit would probably anger lots of players. I personally know players that like the Machine gun kit over other kits, removing it would mean that they possibly won't enjoy the game as much anymore. It also wouldn't be fair to remove the machine gun kit as some players used gems to buy the Machine gun kit, removing it and replacing it with something that they might possibly like or dislike can be problematic. I would simply suggest adding this kit as another achievement kit as some minigames such as SSM currently have more than one achievement kit.

Overall, this could be a great kit if we can balance it compared to the other kits but I would have to give it a -1 as I think the game itself isn't in need of a medic kit compared with, for example, Wither Assault as the power of the withers outweighs the survival chance of the humans, even in Wither Assault, you only get a healing potion every 45 seconds and a maximum of one as a medic. If the kit can be worked on/balanced it would be fairly nice to play with and probably used across the community.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 11:47 PM
  6. You
    dont quite understand I ment 1 armor dmg. In paint ball you have full leather armor and each piece counts for 1 hit. Also only this one kit would have the ability to get more heals

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM
  7. Keep MG, it doesn't fit the same niche as medic would or sniper, so no reason to remove. It's also the weakest kit in the game. I actually love this idea and would love to see it added, though I am I little unfamiliar with damage values in pb. Is 1 damage a one shot kill, or a 4 shot like mg?

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 12:09 AM
  8. Heyo,

Overall, I am not a big fan of this idea. At first, it seems to be balanced at is only spawns with one healing potion, but soon can be seen that it becomes extremely powerful and cannot be balanced simply be taking out the other kit.

First up, I do not agree with removing the Machine Gun kit. Many players have spent their gems on that kit, and it would be hard to go back and give each player the gems and put in the achievement kit. Like any other kit, it takes practice and skill to become good and be able to win against other teams. Taking this kit away would be unfair to the players who have practices on end using this kit, as replacing it would force them to rethink how they completely change the game.

Putting aside that part of the suggestion, I could see this going two different ways. First up, I will go over wha ti believe what happens if everyone choses to use this kit. If that occurs, I see times winning game after game if they are in a party. They would almost never died since they could simply wait for the other team to lose all of their potions and then clean up at the end to almost guarantee a win each round. Without there being a limit to the amount of potions that they could get, it simply is too powerful when used by many people all at the same time.

However, on the other hand, I could see the kit being, at the same time, too underpowered when used alone. If this kit were to be used, it basically only has one heal and then needs to kill others before being able to be used again. The problem with this, though, is that there are many times when players are the last one on their team, and this kit would not provide them with a way to even have a chance at making a comeback since they only have their one heal and the pistol seems to not do too much damage per hit.

To conclude, the kit seems like it could have a lot of potential. However, for it to be successful, I think that there needs to be a lot of balancing in order to keep it fair to the other team and to the person using it.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 12:19 AM
    THELichCA likes this.
  9. It is 4 shot

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 12:47 AM
  10. Ah good then I think this kit is completely balanced and would be a wonderful addition to the game.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 12:43 PM
    Korben2005 and komoriku like this.
  11. Hey!
    Overall I do like the idea of a medic kit however I don't think this suggestion is the best abilities for it.
    I feel like if this was implemented it would be a little too overpowered sue to even kill giving you a healing pot. I feel like that since players can already be revived you can rack up so many pots throughout the game. A similar suggestion was suggested and I'll give the same idea I have him.

I thin that a medic kit should start with 5 pots and gain 1 every minute maybe where it can't be abused easily but still does give the player an advantage in healing. I feel like if they can gain a ton in a short amount of time it's definitely too overpowered. I think starting with 5 and gaining 1 every minute and having it cap once you reach 5 it would be more fair.

I also don't agree with how you wanted it taking away machine gun kit. I use that kit quite a lot and so do other players and I feel a lot of players would be mad if we took that kit from them. Yes I think a medic kit should be added but I don't think it needs to be added as of right now so I'll have to give this idea a -1.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 2:59 PM
  12. I don't think people realize quite how hard it will be to actually get kills with a 4 shot gun that has a full second cooldown. Sure, on paper unlimited pots seems super OP, but when you consider that you are pretty much having to get a kill with an uncharged sniper to get any pots it's really not all that great. That said, I think your idea of starting with 5 and then 1 every minute is also fine, but I prefer the OP's idea as it rewards skill more so than just getting the pots. And tbh, your idea will realistically give them more healing than them needing to get a kill for every pot.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 5:05 PM
    Korben2005 likes this.
  13. Would these modifications be better?

Medic: you start with a pistol, permanent speed 1 and 1 heal. Every time you get a kill you get a heal and you can hold a maximum of 2 at any given time. The pistols cool down time is 1 second and it deals 1 dmg per hit. This kit would be an achevment kit, the sniper would become a kit you can buy and it would cost 10000 gems.

Instead of removal of the machine gun I propose modification. Spesificly a "overheating" function. This would make the gun overheat and not allow you to shoot if you have shot a certain amount of bullets in a row with no break. There would be a bar indicator telling you how close you are to this happening. I feel like a 2 second waiting time would be good, and the amount of shots before this triggers would be somewhere between 6-9 shots. I think this would make the machine gun more balanced and not as much a spam gun that requires next to no skill. I can speak from expiriance the way the machine gun is now is very annoying because skilled players die to people that just started playing be cause they had a gun that dosnt stop shooting.
    Let me know what you think about the modifications and if this seems more balanced to you all!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 8:44 PM
  14. I think we should just keep both sniper and medic as achievement kit or add medic as a gem kit. Feels weird to bump a kit down. Also mg already has an overheat function that stops you from shooting if you hold it down for too long. When fighting Mg you have to either use cover with sg or keep distance with rifle, if you do either of those mg is an ez kill.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 9:11 PM
  15. Thanks for the input! Does the medic itself seem balaned?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 10:25 PM
  16. Yes I think it's in a good place as it is. Question though: will it shoot straight like sniper, or have the bullet curve like the rest of the guns?

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 11:52 PM
  17. It would be curved

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 12:04 AM
    SpitefulNick likes this.