• 878 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3457 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Open-World Game

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by HungryKid43, Dec 2, 2019.

?

Would you play games like this?

1. Oh yeah. Definitely.

14.3%
  2. Sure

71.4%
  3. No

14.3%
  4. Absolutely not.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I've been playing Mineplex for a long time now, and I know that fewer people play now than a year or two ago. But I think I have an idea that will cause a spark in players.

Open-world adventure games.

Think of it like this: players can play games like Trove, Skyrim, and LoZ Breath of the Wild all on the server. They can basically work together or go rogue to defeat bosses, gain experience and level up to get better loot to slay more difficult bosses. There are also random structures all around the world, like a trading center, ruins which players can fight monsters and raid, regular minecraft things just bigger, and fortresses that hold bosses.

I think this will be a great addition to the Mineplex games and will encourage more people to play.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  2. Seems like a good idea to me, but it's also very Clans-y and would likely take up a large portion of the developers' time both in-development and afterward. You also have to define what you mean by "open world" because that's essentially the default Minecraft game style, but since it's multiplayer, infinite terrain generation wouldn't be reasonably possible. What would the borders be?

You have the beginnings of something here, but you need to expand on it more. Try and differentiate it from other similar games. Think of the details.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Fallen and Ender Rivka like this.
  3. This sounds really cool. Though as ClassN said, it does feel a bit like clans. Although it may not be like clans, it kind of takes away what It's trying to achieve, if you get what I mean. Normally game modes like this aren't what you'd usually see on Mineplex, and I've seen whole servers based on this type of concept. Development is the biggest issue for me. You said that it would encourage more players to play, sure it will. Though if there aren't constant updates & fixes, I wouldn't be surprised if it died out. Now I'm not saying that this isn't possible, It's just that this will take a lot of time and resources, both of which Mineplex doesn't necessarily have. It actually sounds like a series that some MC Youtubers played, and it was called How2Minecraft. You could try and base some ideas from that. I honestly see this as a gamble as it would be a huge game mode and could make or break.

Other than that, I'd like to see this thread and post expand a lot more, as I'm quite interested in this.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  4. From what I've read, this looks like Clans, as some have mentioned above. You need to put some more details into this idea in order to make it special. I wish that you could put more information on how this "open-world game" would work, because I don't really know what this is, besides something close to Clans, or a seasonal game. Before I make a decision here, I'll wait until you've updated this thread.

But it does look like a cool thing, and I wish to see this idea being worked with in order to make it more special. Remember to make it as unique as possible, and it also has to fit the current games on Mineplex.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  5. Answers to some replies
    It's not clans, no. I would like the open-world games to be like an RPG world with random structures found throughout. Or, just a big map with big structures set. It follows games like Skyrim, Trove, Fallout, etc.
    The borders are based on the world type it's in. If its something like a set map, it'll be smaller than a random generated structure map.
    This is just a basic concept of a few more games, maybe. For instance, the Mineplex crew could create an open-world game that follows the lines of stuff like Skyrim, or Fallout, or Star Wars. It's up to them to choose the theme of the game. If a crew member replies and asks for an actual game and the gameplay, I'll write one out.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Hiccuping likes this.
  6. Hello,

This suggestion sounds like a survival or clans game mode, I like the idea of bosses and how it'd seem like you were playing games like Skyrim in Minecraft. You don't see whole game modes on Mineplex like Prison, Factions and others but this seems like one of them.

I don't really think this needs to be added but it's a nice suggestion, +0.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 5, 2019