• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11610 Players Online
  • 8720 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New nano game - Speed maze

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Antoine D'Coolette, Jun 6, 2020.

1. I have came up with a new nano game idea called speed maze.

Speed maze is a nanoi game where you must get to the center of the maze before either the closing border kills you, or before the spiders in the maze kill you. Each player will start off near the back walls of the map which is where the border begins, once3 the game starts, the border beings to move in and you must outrun it. Also, while you are doing the maze, youi will also have to avoid spiders in the map before they kill you. The time ofr gameplay is 3 minutes, once one player completes the maze, the time drops to 30 seconds and the gamne goes into hardcore mode. Hardcore mode is where the border moves twice as fast. The center of the map is a beacon so you can see where the center of the map is.

anyways that's it for this idea, I would love to hear your feedback!

~Antoine D'Coolette

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  2. Hey!

I think this is a good interesting idea. Now what comes with maze games, is eventually people figure out the maze and it becomes very easy, this is why monster maze is how it is (as in the safe pad moves locations each time and you can see the entire maze). Because of this, either fresh maps will have to be in the rotation or the point people are trying to make it to has to change. Also, how hard would these maps be? I definitely think this would be interesting to see implemented and to see how things work out. Interesting idea, and I would love to see this tested!

Posted Jun 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 6, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  3. Hey!

I think this is a really interesting idea. As stated above, you would definitely need to have a lot of maps in rotation or have the target location randomly generated so that’s players don’t just memorize how to get to the center, since that would kind of defeat the whole purpose. Also, this game is already a lot like monster maze, so I don’t know how likely it is that it would be implemented. However, I would like to see this in action in the future!

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    0775 and LazyBrayden like this.
  4. Hey there!

This is a very interesting idea that I think would be fun to play in the NANO game rotations. Obviously maps will have to refresh so people can’t memorize the maze. Overall great idea!!! +1

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  5. I really like the sound of this idea - it sounds like a smaller version of Monster Maze which I think would fit really well into the gameplay of Nano Games. As stated above though, maybe making the location you have to get to every time different? For example, sometimes it's a corner or sometimes its the middle, but you'd always start at the other end of the map. Or even just changing the rotation of the map every time (but this could still be hard as they cant have hundreds of maps). I think sometimes people memorizing the maps is inevitable, but something small like changing the location or the direction may help reduce it.

Overall I really like the sound of this game and would definitely like to see it implemented - it would be extremely fun to try out. :)

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    AnimatedFox likes this.
  6. Hey, hey!

I love the idea, though it does remind me of the exact same scenario on another competitive server if that's what you were referring the idea to. I'd love to see the same thing could be seen here and definitely think that the speed part of it should be like "30 seconds to get to a tower" and then the floor is removed and everyone who died lost the challenge while the ones who made it to the tower survive. In my opinion, I think there should be barrier blocks on top of the maze so that way it prevents cheaters from taking advantage of such gamemodes. Though, that's just my thoughts and I love the idea. +1 for sure.

- Fox

Posted Jun 6, 2020