• 1405 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3489 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New nano game: sky fight

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by pokyvessel52506, Oct 30, 2019.

1. So 15-20 players spawn on a 20 x 30 block island.
    Each player gets a stick with sharpness IV Flame II. Every 10 seconds random mins spawn. After 5 minutes a wither spawns so the game can be over lol
    Whoever lasts longest wins.

Posted Oct 30, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 4, 2019
  2. Hey!

To me, this looks like a sumo fight in the sky with different stick enchantments and more players. I've always wanted to have a Sumo Tournament at Nano Games, so something like this would be fun to play. It's been several people who have suggested Sumo, but they haven't really got a response from the Ideas Team yet.

Overall, I think that the concept of the idea is good (Which is basically sumo) and I would like to see this added. Maybe not a sky fight, but something similar. I'll give this a +0.5

Posted Oct 31, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 1, 2019
  3. Yo!
    Although I do understand the idea, I don't think it's really needed. My reasoning for this is, in Quick (a nano game) there is a game where everyone is given a stick with knockback and the goal is to hit everyone off the platform which is basically what you are suggesting. Along with that, there are other games kind of similar such as Grapple Knife, Bawk Bawks Wrath, and like the one I said above. With all of these games already in Nano, I'm going to give this a -1 just because I think it would be too repetitive.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  4. Hallo!

First off, this is a nano game. Meaning there are more than ten players whereas regularly there would be twenty-five. Does this mean that there would be multiple stages to the game? In addition, having that amount of players go head to head in a sumo type game would take forever, resulting in a really uneven from the rest of the games in nano, which usually last a minute and a half max.

If you've ever played the arcade game, Bacon Brawl, this idea is way too similar to that. A sumo game where people have to knock each other off. That game has like 15 players in it (I can't remember the exact amount) and takes forever to conclude. I remember waiting usually 2-3 minutes just for one round of that game to conclude so imagine having that type of thing concur three separate times, all in nano. Even if it was all the players in the server at once it would still take a while.

Another thing is that this game idea just isn't original. Sumo has been implemented, removed, and suggested a number of times on the server and doesn't make too many plans to come back from what I've seen. This idea has also been used in other games as stated above by @TeaSpiller ^^^

Also, simple question but why isn't the platform even? Is there any specific reason for it to be exactly 20x30? It just seems a bit off to me.

I'm going to give this a -1. Thanks.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  5. Heyo!

If you could add more information regarding the idea this would be beneficial in our understanding of how the game works. From what has been said it sounds like a game where it's last man standing with knockback sticks. This game is very similar to one in Nano games and therefore I don't think it needs to be added. As people have said above a "sumo" type game on its own in Nano has been suggested and denied multiple times so I really don't see this being implemented. Thanks for suggesting, but it's a -1 from me.

Posted Nov 1, 2019
  6. Although the concept sounds pretty cool, multiple variations of this idea have been implemented. As mentioned above, there are similar games such as one of the knockback stick sumo challenges in Quick!, Bawk Bawk's Wrath, and more. This idea also seems like an extremely simplified version of Skywars as well because players are only equipped with swords, forcing players to combat one another. I would like to see a game with a concept that is different from ones already available on the network, and it would be necessary to modify this suggestion to be a fun and unique Nano game.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  7. Hey!

As stated above, multiple times. Many of these features have already been added into other games! Maybe a game with more variety would be better!

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  8. Hey there!

I kind of like this idea. Although there are similar “variations” of the idea already in existence, there is no unique sumo game. One where a player has to try their hardest to stay on the platform and not get hit off, while also hitting other people off sounds like a fun Nano Game.

I could see this working well if implemented, but the original idea lacks some detail. Maybe you could go a little more in depth as to how exactly the game operates?

Overall, this is a +.5 from me.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  9. Hello there!
    To me, this idea doesn't have enough base to it for me to really give an in-depth response. I need more from this idea thread to say whether or not it is unique enough to be it's own gamemode in NANO, because from what you have given me it seems too similar to other games that already exist on the Mineplex Network, such as other games that have already been mentioned in previous responses. All in all, from where this idea currently stands, it doesn't seem unique enough to be implemented. Thanks for suggesting anyways, have a good day! :)

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  10. I would definitely agree with the others that this is not the best idea as it doesn't have too much flare to it. I feel like this idea isn't too creative and isn't stand out. I can see it being a good game but it needs to be narrowed down and made a tad more unique!​

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  11. Hey!

While the idea itself does seem pretty cool, and it may work well in Nano Games, I agree with others above that this idea just isn’t original enough. This game would also be similar to the Quick Game in Nano Games where you have to jump on the emerald blocks and you get a knockback stick that you use to knock off opponents.

I would personally suggest that you think about the idea a bit more and how it would work more in depth, and then bring it up as a discussion again. It’s not that I do not like the idea, I think it’s pretty fun playing with knockback sticks, especially with fire aspect and sharpness, but it’s not that original of an idea. You could try thinking of a way to make this game unique, maybe the players get some effect such as a Jump Boost to add more challenge to the game. Without the idea being more original, I can see it being too similar to some of the current Nano Games, and for that reason, I’ll be leaving this at a -1.

Thanks for suggesting this, and I hope the communities feedback helps! :)

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  12. ok so it's just sumo except not fun because the knockback is low? also why flame and sharpness? who are you gonna kill with a sharp 1 stick?

disagreed

Posted Nov 4, 2019
  13. Ok I’ve changed it a bit now how is it?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
  14. you've totally missed the point of my message. killing someone with a stick is inefficient and slow. a sumo related mode with high-knockback sticks would be fun! sharp 4 fire 2 sticks would not!

still disagree

Posted Nov 8, 2019