• 1328 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7859 Players Online
  • 6531 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion new nano game (possibly)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Partialism, Dec 22, 2019.

?

so what do you make of this idea then

1. +1

42.9%
  2. -1

57.1%
  1. so
    back in 2016/2017 we had the mini football stadium in the lobby, right?
    well
    how about a nano game based on that?

(very bad idea i know)

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  2. Two twelve-player teams playing a game like Maverick's Basketball (I think that's what you're referring to) doesn't seem like a great idea, but I'd be open to it being tried.

EDIT: I'm dumb. Not Maverick's, lobby soccer. My bad.

Posted Dec 22, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 22, 2019
    Partialism likes this.
  3. Hello!

I think that this idea could use some improvement to make the nano game version different from the old lobby game. I think that the return of this old lobby game could make a great comeback, but in a nano game version. This idea would have to be more unique than what it was considering that it would be put in nano games. There would have to be a great amount of things to clarify if the game would change at all or stay the exact same.

I think since there a lot more players than just two playing the game. I feel like it should be determined whether or not it is a team game or an individual game. Some other questions to help you develop your idea more are the following. How would the game be more unique to how it use to be played? How could this game be brought in a specialized nano game? If the game was with a team. Then how it the nano game work, team wise? If the game was just independent. Meaning there you would go against one other player in the game. Then how would that base work out? Another way in asking is, would you go against the player multiple times to determines who wins overall to get the most points like the gladiators nano game version? How long would the nano game take time wise? How would the surroundings look? Like how big would the field be to play on? There are many types of things to take into consideration before this idea could be implemented.

Overall, I cannot give a final decision yet from myself. Saying this, a lot of things need to be specified to better explain the idea more thoroughly. I hope some of my questions to ask yourself will help you better explain the idea more than you did. I can see this becoming a nano game, but more of an idea needs to be formed in order for me to agree with the idea or not.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Partialism likes this.
  4. Hello there!
    As stated above, this game still needs a lot of improvement. If you’re going to suggest a game idea, you should have it planned out, so we know what your thinking about and if it is implemented, it will be easier if the general idea of the game is out there. You should put some thought into kits, achievements, maps, time span, objective, etc. If you can improve on this idea and add some more information, then I’d be glad to see your idea. Overall, there is a lot you can add, @ddgolfer04 made a few key points, so follow his post for more ideas and inspirations. Don’t let this disappoint you, keep creating!
    xGetRekted - Minus one

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Partialism likes this.
  5. Hey!
    I think what you're referring to is the slime ball that was in every lobby and had teams of 4 I think that tried to get the slime in the goals like soccer. I actually really hope this will return to the hub, however I wouldn't be opposed to it being added into Nano either. I think if we did teams of 8 (since nano is 16 players) and we made the playing field larger then it was in hub it could support that amount of players. I also think if we went to let's say a score of 5 or whenever a timer ran out maybe 2 minutes since Nano games are suppose to be fast paced it could work out. Overall good idea and I would really like to see a game like slime ball return, and possibly in Nano.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Partialism and xGetRekted like this.
  6. thank you all for your feedback :)
    so yes, i was thinking we should have a bigger pitch (obviously since there are more players), and we could have two-minute games
    i also have another idea which is kinda dumb
    if a player punches another player a foul is given and you get a free kick or penalty xD
    (this idea is terrible)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2019
  7. I don’t think this is a bad idea, I just think it could use some improvement.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    Partialism likes this.
  8. Okay, the main problem I see with this game is this: You haven’t really thought a lot about it, yet you just want it to be based off of a game that Mineplex already had. You have to think about the other factors, such as.... How will this bring players to Mineplex? What maps (or stadiums) will there be? How long will the game be? Will it be based off of real football? Will there be quarters? What about team positions? (Quarterback, etc.) Would there be any specific teams? If so, would they be color-based, Minecraft/Mineplex based, or real-life based? See, these questions require thinking, as does the idea for the game to work. I think it’s a creative one, but overall needs some work.
    Sorry if these questions are already answered from the old game, as I didn’t play on Java then!
    For now, -1.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    Partialism likes this.
  9. I think this game would be a nice addition but it would have to be modified. I guess just 12v12 football, maybe a 5-minute timer and whichever team gets the most goals wins. It might be too long of a game for nano considering the other games though.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    Partialism likes this.
  10. ok
    i'm not at all surprised that everyone thinks this is a bad idea
    but let me explain it some more
    the game is two minutes long (any longer and it just isn't suitable for nano games) or, like ctf, first to five goals wins
    there are two teams, red and blue
    it would honestly be cool to have real life team strips but it would be too much work and idk how you should be able to pick one given how nano games goes really fast
    i suppose you can decide how you want to play, you can either just get your team to stand in a line across the net or proper attack the ball and make the opposition's lives a nightmare xD
    i'm realising, given that nano games are really short, there isn't a lot of room to make it like real football, for example, in the case of a draw, to have extra time / penalty shootout / golden goal would make the game too long
    so perhaps it could even be its own game? i don't know
    now, maps
    it would be amazing to have some real life stadia in the game (like wembley, old trafford, anfield, nou camp), but i feel like it would be a lot of work for the build team
    i think something like a futsal / gym or sunday league pitch setting would be easier for the build team to make and would be just fine for the game
    next, achievements
    oh god
    so i have a few ideas:
    - score a hat trick (3 goals in one game)
    - score 100 career goals
    - save / block x number of shots (no idea how this will work but never mind)
    - commit x number of fouls
    - assist (set up) x number of goals (again, i don't know how that will work)
    - score an own goal
    - score direct from kick off
    oh and just to clarify
    - this is definitely based on the original slimeball game from the old lobby, the one where you used to kick the slime around and stuff; this will still be a feature of the game
    - obviously this means you just score by getting the ball (slime) in the net
    - i'm from england, so when i say football i mean soccer, just to clear that up :)
    thanks for your feedback again, it means a lot <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 24, 2019