• 829 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2962 Players Online
  • 2133 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Nano Game: Pac-Man

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by Thirstify, Jun 10, 2019.

?

Good Idea!

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ok, I had a Nano game in mind called Pac-Man.
    There's interweaving narrow paths that would make a cube or circle. Players spawn at different areas of each of these.

They then all would get released into the game. When the game starts, the map begins to crumble and 3 person become Pac-Men. Pac-Men get speed and a sword. If Pac-Men manage to tag you, you die and wait until the next game.

Players that aren't Pac-Man are ghosts and would be forced to run from Pac-Men. They have nothing.The paths, as I mentioned, would be similar to monster maze (but instead would be 3x3). If you manage to survive for 1:45 seconds ghosts win, if all ghosts die,The Pacs wins.

(More GameSense): there would be certain powerups like a cherry, if a ghost gets the cherry they can jump, if a Pac-Man gets one, the player will gain another level of speed for 7s.

Additionally, there will be pellets,(sunflower), spawning around the map that will increase a ghost's score. If ghosts win, the ghost with the highest score will be overall the winner.

(Map Input): Perhaps there would be an upstairs and downstairs area, with a lot of paths but nothing like a labyrinth, players should be visible but not instantly able to be caught. data points would be orange wool and weighted pressure plate on top for ghost spawnpoints, and 5 red wool
    points on the map for cherry spawnpoints.

Posted Jun 10, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 13, 2019 at 1:12 PM
    RealDiamondKitty08 likes this.
  2. Heyoo!

I need to be honest, I don't really like this Idea since this game sounds pretty similar to Monster Maze. I mean that's NANO game but still I don't see a point of inserting a new game anyway on NANO Because It already has a lot.

Posted Jun 10, 2019
  3. It also sounds like murder mystery on other servers but making people pac man and ghosts

Posted Jun 10, 2019
  4. I think this idea is very creative! I would enjoy seeing this mini game be added to Mineplex.

Posted Jun 10, 2019
  5. A really nice, creative and innovative idea to making NANO more fun on Mineplex, I just think that this game is way to similar to Monster Maze to make it interesting and I think this sort of idea has already been very worn out. I think that the functionality of this game would also be an issue - there wouldn't really be enough distribution of paths to balance the game. For example, if there weren't many paths then the ghosts would win every time which wouldn't really be fun.

A creative idea, not a definite -1 but I would like to see more development of the idea to be a little more unique.​

Posted Jun 10, 2019
  6. Heyo!

I love this idea! Since the Nano games are rather short and simple, this could fit in perfectly! I love how you gave the game a unique twist, to where the ghosts are running away from Pac-Man rather then towards him. However, I do believe that a lobby of 24 would be too big for a game like this, so a few details might need to be changed to make this game as good as it possibly can. Nonetheless, a creative idea!

Posted Jun 10, 2019
  7. I like this idea! A nice altered throwback to the arcade games of the past. Interesting take on Murder Mystery and would definitely make for more screams on my YT channel (when it comes out). 1+

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  8. This idea is pretty similar to Murder Mystery on a different server, However I really like the idea! I think it would add a little more excitement into Nano games which I like! All in all, This is a good idea!

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  9. This seems like a really fun idea! Especially considering the fact it's short and sweet (only 60 seconds) like a general NANO game. It sounds like it will become an enjoyable game with swift chase scenes and tense get-aways from Pac-Man.

My only complaint is that ghosts may win very often, as one Pac-Man trying to find between 16 - 20-something ghosts is a little tricky in just 60 seconds. Maybe extend the game time to 1:30 or something along the lines of "Zombie Survival" or "Snowball Trouble".

I'd have to disagree. In game, the "game narrator" encourages players to submit ideas on the forums for new NANO games (in the purple text). Plus, many games similar to their counterparts were implemented into NANO, such as "AHHHHH Spleef!" as a mix between Super Spleef and Runner. This could be a perfect mix between Monster Maze and a somewhat-Block Hunt.

Overall, amazing suggestion! I'd hope to see it someday on NANO and more of your amazing suggestions!

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  10. Heyo!

You've created an interesting idea and personally I don't believe it's a "horrible" idea. I do like it, however only up to a certain extent, the fact here is that this idea isn't unique. It's generally Monster Maze just with a change of a name and a different concept. If you're going to have Pacman maybe make it more unique, I suggest using the actual video game as a good reference. Overall, good idea but it needs some thought, I'm -1 right now.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  11. Yeah I know but I just don’t Like this Idea maybe that’s just me :P.

Posted Jun 12, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 12, 2019
  12. Idk why u wouldn't Pike
    It's a cool idea!

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  13. I'm sorry that i missed one Letter? '-'

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  14. I'm just makimg a joke, it's fine :)

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  15. Heyo!

The idea for this game is very well thought out and looks like you probably spent a lot of time coming up with this. My problem with this however is that there is only one pacman, and nano games can have up to 24 people playing that would mean that pacman would have to kill 23 people in a short time of only 60 seconds not to mention that he would be walking around in a maze. If this was to be a game it would be to easy for the ghosts to win, and would get very boring over time. I suggest maybe you could add more pacmans to the mix, like maybe have 3 total pacmans instead of just one. Overall this is a really good idea, but just has some flaws that might be hard to overcome -1 from me.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  16. Changelog: -
    *3 Pac-Men (PacMan, PacBoy, PacWoman)
    *Game Time Extended To 1:45
    *Clearer Map Explanation

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 1:12 PM
  17. LGBT approved change pacman to pacIt, and PacPerson, and PacUnspecified

Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 1:21 PM,
    Last edited Jun 13, 2019 at 1:33 PM
  18. OOOOHHH
    Maybe the 3 different pac-people would have different abilities?
    Pac-Man: Speed 1
    Pac-Boy: Jump 1
    Pac-Woman: Gets 1 splash potion of nausea (5 seconds, more or less) every 5 seconds
    or something like that.
    Yeah and definitely more game time , like you said, 1 minute 45 seconds or even a little more

Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 1:24 PM
  19. Why is there no pac-girl you ***ist being.

Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 1:33 PM
  20. Pac-Woman???
    Also it was thirstify who said Pac-Man, Pac-Boy and Pac-Woman... Why me?

Posted Jun 14, 2019 at 12:46 AM