• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10305 Players Online
  • 7415 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Nano Game: King of the Hill

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by N4nof, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Hello Everyone!
    I'd like to suggest a new Nano Game: King of the Hill!
    first to reach the top of a big Object (f.ex. a Skyscraper under Construction) wins.
    There could be chests all over the map with helpful stuff in it (f.ex. Snowballs, Knockback Sticks, Fishing Rods, Bow and Arrow, Potion of Jumping or Invisibility) the highter the spot, the better the Loot!
    Hope you all have a great day!
    -N4nof

Posted Aug 3, 2019
    powh likes this.
  2. Hey mate
    A super creative idea, I absolutely love it! I love how you mentioned that chests could also be added along with the map, this would make the objective of the game a lot harder and make it last longer. Perhaps to make this game more interesting, once everyone is off of the starting platform, the ground then becomes the void, so if players accidentally jump off of the building/map or get snowballed/shot off, instead of them having to climb back up, they would just fall into the void and die. It's just a fun addition to your idea that I thought would be cool.
    A few more ideas for the maps this game mode could be played on:
    A castle
    A hotel
    A mountain
    A volcano
    A Pyramid
    Either way, I absolutely love your idea and hope that it can be implemented one day!

Posted Aug 3, 2019
  3. Yo!

I think this is a good idea, as said above. The chests are creative and this would make king of the hill stand out more to other games like that. So, I guess an idea I had is the more you knock someone, the more points you get. This could be easier and make the game end faster without needing to knock every person to win. This is a good idea and I feel this should be added.

Posted Aug 3, 2019
  4. I could definitely see this being a nano game, maybe even jump pads you can jump off onto to get a boost up? Anyways, this could be a great addition to nano games if implemented correctly. I agree with adding this game to the nano rotation :)

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  5. I really enjoy this game idea! Maybe you can think of ideas to make it last longer and possibly make it its own game mode instead of only being within nano games. Maybe a pvp aspect?

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  6. Heyo,

It's an interesting concept, and I do like King of the Hill styled gamemodes, but I'm not sure if it would fit in Nano games that well due to it lasting too long. The reason I mention this is because the idea of chests makes it seem more like a slower paced game. It seems like it'd be it's own game if it ever was a thing.

However, I have some suggestions to perhaps make it shorter.
    - Removal of chests - Allowing everyone to have equal chance to make it to the top, and no unfair mechanics would be at play. It's my understanding that a Nano game should essentially be as fair as possible and chests implementation would hurt this aspect. However, all players could start with snowballs or similar.

- Shortening of the objective tower - From what you described it'd seem like a grand venture in order to get to the top and with the removal of chests even more so. So what I'd recommend is making it last perhaps 30 seconds at minimum so a short tower with an easier objective would be best.

Overall, I think it'd be a fun game to play, but I'm not totally sure on how the mechanics would work in a Nano-esque game. I'm sure with some tweaks it'd be fun. Keep up the good work!

Posted Aug 7, 2019
    chrvssy, ImFreee / ItsFree and Tulg like this.
  7. Hey!

I think this would be a great idea! These type of games are really cool in my opinion and I would love to see it added into Mineplex. But, maybe as its own game. King of the Hill is better off as its own game with the features you have listed for it. It is too slow for it to be a Nano game.

To make it work as an actual game, I say to replace the chests with kits since it will be an actual game. There would be a kit with snowballs/eggs, one with a fishing rod, etc. I do like the idea of the maps though. For example, the map that you said, a skyscraper that is under construction. Very creative. I suggest that you can’t die in the void, it will be blocked off. But, if you don’t like this idea, I think @Eclipciz had a great idea of a way to make it a nano game.

I think that this is a great idea and It would be awesome if it got added to Mineplex.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  8. This was suggested a few months ago, same name, but it didn’t get a lot of attention. Maybe this time it will get more attention

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  9. Heyhey

I think this is a super interesting idea, and definitely would like to see it added to nano. I don’t agree with the others that say this should be it’s own game mode, separated from nano. I don’t see this as being substantial enough to justify it being a solo game. But for nano, if done right, I think it would fit right in! I’d discount the chests idea as that would draw the game out. Nano games are meant to be quick, easy, and fun. The longest games being two minutes at the greatest. I think that all players should play with the same exact items. That being: 1 knockback stick, 1 bow with 3 arrows, 10 snowballs, that kind of thing. If you die due to falling, you’d respawn with those items refreshed. Also, the game time should be set up like hardcore parkour - the first person to make it sets the timer to 30 seconds left. And second and third place depend on who makes it to the top next, or whoever are the highest. The maps would have to be a sort of vertical version of hardcore parkour. With some additional unique elements added for the gameplay (platforms making it relatively easy to hit people off from different levels, etc). Map building, id imagine, would be tricky at first. This is a unique idea that would require a new kind of map layout. But if builders and map testers could find a way to make it work, it would be a great game mode to add to nano in my opinion.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  10. We basically have this in the lobby. In the sand area, near the lava parkour. It's not really active though, so I can see what you mean by having it as a standalone game but if the lobby game isn't popular, I don't have much hope that a standalone game is worth dedicating resources too. I do like the idea, I played a few KOH games back on other servers, but unless people are unaware of the KOH in the lobby, the KOH concept does seem to be not as popular.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  11. Hello there!
    I'm honestly surprised to see the divide between those who think it should be a standalone game and those who think this should be in nano games. I see both sides, so if the server were to add KOTH they will have to make that decision carefully.
    Overall though, KOTH as it's own game, whether in nano games or not, is a great idea! The lobby's KOTH is rarely if ever used, so it's understandable that this would become it's own game.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  12. Good job!
    Seems like a really creative concept and I'd love it if Mineplex were to add a game mode like the one you've just described. I do think it would have been better if you'd added some more information about the game but still it's a really nice idea, good job!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  13. Hey there!

This is a great concept, I hope to see it in Nano Games! I'd also like to +1 @Eclipciz 's suggestions, as they indeed could shorten the game up a little bit more. I'd honestly really like to see more games being added onto Mineplex in general, as it could attract more players, or convince players to stay, even. Overall, I think this KOTH game mode would be a great addition to Nano Games.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

:mineplex:

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  14. Heyoo!

I love this idea! I personally loved playing king of the hill back in the day, and I feel as if Nano could use a new game, I think this would be a perfect fit for it! So far, it's going to be a +1 for me!

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Aug 29, 2019