• 866 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2950 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed New Nano Game - Jumper

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by 0joe, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Ok, so I have an idea for a brand new nano game. I call it Jumper (open to suggestions on changing the name). This idea has probably been thought of before, but basically all the players start out on a large 20x20 platform, and there are lots of randomly placed blocks above them. The players all have a large Jump Boost. When the game starts, they will have to try to get to the very top by finding the most efficient path through the blocks they can jump onto above. Players can also hit other players to try to knock them down.

Thoughts? Comments? Please feel free to share any view on it or build on the idea. It’s pretty vague, I know.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I've played this before somewhere. I honestly can't remember where, but I know it exists. Honestly, I kind of like this idea and I think that it perfectly sums up what a Nano Game is. A quick, fun, and challenging game that can be somewhat unpredictable while also being competitive and fun. I think this is a good example of all of those things, and as a Nano Games player myself I would like to see it implemented.
    +1

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  3. Can't say I play NANO much so I don't really know much regarding what the games are other than what people have said i.e they're a mixture of different games such as gladiators, turf wars and mine kart. Anyawy this seems like a good idea. Maybe some more detail such as how the players will be able to knock each other off (will there be a set knockback to fist or for a joke have a knockback fish?). I think this idea in itself is pretty self-explanatory, that's why I like it, it's a simple game and is fast-paced which are basically what the nano games are so many people should like it! I want this to get implemented. +1

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  4. I feel like adding this might be a good idea.

I think that while this isn't too unique, it does emulate Bawk Bawk Battles, in which the players had to jump with massive jump boost effects all the way up to the top and stay on a platform, I like the idea of maybe hitting things when you get up there or requiring some kind of thing to do as you get higher to earn points, like hitting targets as you fly up?

This is already a game that was in BBB, and since we have removed BBB it didn't really make it. I personally feel like this might cause issues with GWEN, our anticheat, but it'd be really difficult to confirm this as we could probably get around it.

0 overall from me!​

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  5. Heyo!

Since there is a game that requires you to get to the bottom the fastest, and get the furthest the fastest, I feel like this would fit well under NANO. Maybe as a quick game as a short version of it since it may take a while as its own game, but the full one would work well as well since it was in BBB already. I would love to see this game make a return, I really enjoyed playing it and think it would be a nice edition to NANO. Overall, I'll leave this at a +1 for now. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    Xukuri and saltyfishhy like this.
  6. Thank you guys for all the positive replies. I didn’t expect this idea to go anywhere, but apparently it’s been circulating well so far.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 7, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  7. This is alot like a game mode that was in bawkbawk battles and I personally loved it, the main difference is you can pvp so the one thing I would say to add would be a barrier so people wouldn't be hit off the map. My only question is can people die?

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  8. I was thinking of making an edit talking about this. Yes, I think there would be a border and no, players could not die.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 7, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  9. Sounds like a great idea then and I think it could possibly be copy pasted from the bawkbawk battles version of the game with a few tweaks which means that it would be a fun new game mode that wouldn't take up much of the developers time! Great idea hope it gets added! +1

-Korben

--- Post updated ---
    I just though of another way the game could be played. You can pvp and there is a set place to climb to, you have lava that starts rising after 20 seconds and it will instantly kill you. First one to the top wins, if no one reaches the top then whoever got closest wins. You would also not take dmg from pvp but you would take fall dmg. For extra difficulty you could add stained glass blocks that if you land on, you die. Whatcha think?

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  10. Those sound like some good, creative additions. Honestly, I didn’t even know this was a thing before I thought of the idea. I took a year and a half hiatus from Mineplex and only recently came back.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 7, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  11. Yo!

This is a game called Kangaroo Jump, which existed in the game, Bawk Bawk Battles, where players get a jump boost and try to jump the highest in a set amount of time. In the Nano Games Update Proposals document made by GI, they suggested this game be added as a challenge to the Nano Game, Quick.
    Since GI has already approved this, I'll be applying the "Processed" tag to this thread, but I'll leave it open for further discussion on Kangaroo Jump if you would like to many any changes to it.

Thread Processed ~ Already Approved by GI

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.