• 3717 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11922 Players Online
  • 8205 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Mob Ideas

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by plxb, Feb 28, 2020.

Tags:
?

Let me know which of these i should also come up with a moveset for

1. Bat

2. Phantom

3. Turtle

4. Horse

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ok so I've been playing SMM for a while now and I have thought up of some good ideas as new mobs.
    #1 Vindicator: similar stats to villager however different abilities. Axe: right click to summon the chompers from the ground to deal massive damage, about a 13 sec cooldown. Sword: Summons 3 Vexes attacking the next player you hit for 5 seconds. 9 sec cooldown. Pickaxe is a teleport (recovery). Deals minor damage when hitting a player directly. the more you charge the teleport the further it goes. Smash crystal summons a ton of vexes to attack all enemy players. Passive: projectiles deal 0.85 damage.
    #2 Llama: Similar stats to sheep. Sword: Spit low damage projectile, 0.75 sec cooldown. Shovel: Llama leap just a glorified double jump. 5 sec cooldown. Axe: Moutain climb, makes it have speed 4 for 5 seconds and allows to step up blocks and climb walls for 5 seconds. 12 second cooldown. Smash crystal spawns a giant spit ball slowing all enemies and does huge damage. Passive: double jumping allows for a wall climb directly after until you hit the ground.
    #3 Cat/Ocelot: Similar stats to spider. Sword: Creates 5 charges over time that add +1 speed and dashes (double jump) per use. Axe: Spawns a baby kitten that speeds towards enemies and slightly stuns them. 3 second cooldown. Shovel: Scratch, light damage and small dash, 2 second countdown. Smash Crystal: Gains speed 5 and unlimited scratches. Passive: Double jumps directly where they are looking (like wolf and spider).
    #4 Silver fish: Similar to chicken. Axe: hide, becomes invisible and speed 2 for 3 seconds. Shovel: Block jump, drops a block below them as they double jump. 4 second cooldown. Smash crystal spawns tons of silverfish that slowly appear out of the blocks near players. Passive: loses hunger faster but when standing still they become slowly invisible.

That was it, I hope these suggestions could be recognized and taken seriously. The mobs in the poll are some other ones id like to see but i just cant think of a full moveset for them. Ty for reading this <3

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  2. Hello!

Aside from the Cat and Silverfish, the Vindicator and Llama cant be added as they were added to Minecraft post 1.8. As for the Cat and Silverfish, both of them are too small and would hard to hit in actual matches.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  3. so i do agree about silverfish but the cat is just about the same size As chicken

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 29, 2020
  4. Hey there!

I really like this idea to add more kits to SSM but currently Mineplex is a 1.8 server, now you can play on all versions as they're all supported but these animals/mobs are (mostly) 1.9+ and the server doesn't support items from those versions, meaning that it's not possible to add this sadly, but these seems like a super cool idea! If the server was to be updated this would be really cool and I would love to see this!

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  5. If minecraft 1.9+ had a better pvp system those kits would be possible. Also bat is already a kit it is the witch's smash.

If we were to add bat moveset it would already be too pverpowered because of its hitbox, thats why its not in the game to begin with.

For horse, we already have a skeletal horse so that would be a bit repetitive but I wouldnt mind it being added.

Turtle and phantom again arent possible in the game because of pvp problems with 1.9+

Posted Mar 1, 2020
    fallacious and SpitefulNick like this.
  6. in a shortened way , u declined everything he said

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  7. Hi!

I'm just going to get to the point. Right now we need to focus on fixes for our current mobs. We have these wolves, spiders, creepers, skeletal horses, etc. that are ruining the game for people who have been actually playing the game for a long time and recently I've been thinking of quitting at 1k because of it. Mineplex has been dropping the ball recently because instead of working on everything they've added immortal and I feel like it ruined the homelike feel of Mineplex. Moving on, some of these kits have the same setup as current kits. I feel like a bat's going to become another chicken, Vindicator another villager unless you do something like axe throw (but axe throw in champions isn't that good so what makes this better), Llama like another cow, cat/ocelot will be another spider or wolf, and silverfish will be another magma slime. Unless you go in-depth with very thought out and specific ideas to set these kits out and make them balanced (like attaching entities to increase hitbox but that would only confuse players where you can hit opponents during PVP). In total, I agree that Mineplex needs a new SSM update but I'd prefer a balancing update. Not new kits that could potentially worsen the problem because some people think that the best solution is to make op kits to battle the current op kits. We're not going to become the same thing as all the random servers out there. Thank you but It's a -1 from me.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
    Deodath and ___TacoCat___ like this.
  8. I'm sure you noticed people saying that mineplex 1.8+ also you have to specify the damage and the kb each move deals otherwise we are not sure if that kit is balanced or what.
    "massive damage" is not very clear for me to understand.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  9. also some of the abilities you mentioned aren't exactly possible in the game or is it fair. You do mention it "similar" but it just sounds like straight up echo fighter with different abilities.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  10. I do appreciate that you decided to take time and make this post but as for now, current kits should be fixed rather than introducing new ones.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  11. I explained why though.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
    ___TacoCat___ likes this.