• 416 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2995 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Mixed Arcade Game: Joust

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Jaekub, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Throwback to whatever this is: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/new-game-knights.27263/

Anyway, I was thinking of a newer version of this game, but instead with a whole new style of gameplay and some juicy details.

Object: The object of the game is pretty simple. You have to be the last player standing and you're mounted on a horse and cannot dismount.
    Max players: 16, 20 if ranked players join (just like all Mixed games)
    Minimum to start: 8
    Maps: Simple, just use Snake maps.

Everyone spawns pre-mounted (similar to Snake) on their horse. Depending on their kit, they'll have a weapon of sorts. When sprinting, each player has a "stampede" effect, damaging their opponent without having to attack if they just run up to them (think of Milk the Cow's Cow Charge), this base damage will be 5. The standard weapon will be a gold sword (6 damage). Players receive 2 hearts back on a kill.

There will be 3 kits. Each kit has its own ability and can be found below:
    Cost: Free
    Abilities: Higher jump (50% higher, negate all fall damage)
    Description: Soar high in the sky with the invisible wings on your horse!

Cost: 5000 Gems
    Abilities: Horse has gold armor (does nothing, just for looks), player has full Gold armor
    Description: This horse has been through tough battles and is armored and ready!

Cost: Achievement
    Abilities: +1 charge damage, 3 smoke bombs, 1-second cooldown on each
    Description: You and your stealthy horse make a great team!

Every game needs achievements! Joust would be represented by a saddle in the stats GUI.
    King of the Joust: Win 50 Games of Joust - 800 Gems
    Horse Hunter: Kill 6 players in a game - 1000 Gems
    First!: Get 10 First Bloods - 600 Gems

Each player spawns with no armor.
    Horses cannot die.
    You can charge jumps.
    Charging slowly removes hunger (1 bar/sec), walking and standing still regenerate it (2 bars/sec).

If I left out any important details or if you have any feedback, please let me know!

Thanks for reading!

Posted Nov 29, 2019
  2. Love the idea of the game, was wondering though will there be a border to prevent game stalling and can you go off your horse?

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  3. Heya!!

I do really love this concept it seems like such a hilarious game in my opinion and I'd love to see it added! I love how you thought out all the kits/achievements etc! Reading the kits they seem very detailed and actually very balanced! I also like the whole "Charging slowly removes hunger (1 bar/sec), walking and standing still regenerate it (2 bars/sec)" mechanic, it's very unique and a great addition to the game! The achievements are hard but not tooooo hard to do although there could be more achievements that's not a huge issue.

Verdict: +1

Anyways, keep up the great work and I hope to see more ideas from you in the future! Byeeee! :D

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  4. Hello,
    I think this would be a very fun game to play with friends. The thought of constantly running around fast and hitting each other sounds great. Due to the nature of this game being rather fast paced and simplistic, I think it would be better suited as a nano game. Quite frankly, I cannot see this lasting longer than a minute or two, nor can I see it being well received in the arcade rotation. I also do not think it necessarily needs kits or achievements either. Overall, this is a good concept, but should be placed as a nano game in my opinion. I will give this a +1 as a nano game. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  5. I think this would make a fun game, and would like to see this if this was added. +1

I also think a good kit may be "Kicker" where if a player right clicks their sword, the horse will stand on it's hind legs and heavily knock a horse with a 6 second cool down if someone is hit and an 11 second cool down if nobody is hit, however idk what the damage should be, but anyways that's just a suggestion I have for this.

Posted Nov 30, 2019