• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [New Minigame] Sumo

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Derpy_PandaXD, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:16 AM.

1. Derpy_PandaXD

Derpy_PandaXD

I've come up with an idea to add a new minigame to the server: Sumo

GOAL
    The goal of the game is simple: Hit other players off of the arena, and be the last one standing

PLAYERS
    I've been thinking of making the max player count 16, which could allow for different game types, such as a free for all, 2 teams, and 4 teams.

MAP
    I've gone ahead and built an example map for the minigame. I will leave a link to the image here: https://imgur.com/Hkvy7fH
    [​IMG]
    Of course the map won't be big enough to hold 16 players and last longer than 10 seconds, which is why I call it an example build. My idea is for the duration of the game to last 6 minutes, and after a minute goes by, a certain part of the map disappears.

Example: After 1 minute, the purple layer from the map I built would disappear, and the blue layer would disappear a minute afterwards, and so on.
    This would force players toward the red center, and anyone trying to dodge other players would have to join the fight. The red center would not disappear, but instead become a death match between the remaining players. The round would end when only one player is left standing.

ITEMS
    I'm still coming up with ideas on new items for this minigame, but here's what I've got so far:

Snowball - Just a regular snowball that you can throw at a player
    Sumo Stick - A stick with the Knockback 1 enchantment, which can be used only once
    Thorns Helmet - An iron helmet with the Thorns enchantment, which breaks when the player wearing it is hit 3 times.

Of course, none of these items can deal damage to players.

DAMAGE RULE
    While playing through the game, players cannot take damage, whether they are punched by another player, or being attacked by a player who is using an item. However, let's assume that the final minute of the game has ended, and there's still more than one player still standing. My idea for this is to create a Damage Rule, in which players can begin dealing damage when they punch another player once the 6 minutes end.

So what do you think? Would you play this minigame? I appreciate any helpful feedback!

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 2:16 AM,
    Last edited Dec 6, 2018 at 11:38 AM
  2. GamersDecision

GamersDecision

I like the idea. The game sounds like it would be fun. I hope it gets added

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 2:45 AM
    Derpy_PandaXD likes this.
  3. Zipppo

Zipppo

Hello!
    This is a pretty cool idea, we do already have a variation of Sumo in Quick - which can found in the Nano games rotation. This version is pretty simple and only involves a knock-back stick on a simple map, it also ends very quickly. It would be nice to see where we could take it if we made a more developed game out of the idea.

I would love to see it implemented into Mixed Arcade as I personally love playing Sumo. Although I'm not sure about how the whole different team modes would work when it isn't a lobby game. Having different maps/arenas would be cool, and I'd definitely like to play it. There is a game called Bacon Brawl which I also really enjoy, it has a similar goal but not many players like the game itself. The only issue with the idea is its similarities to both games I've mentioned above.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks.

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 11:50 AM,
    Last edited Dec 6, 2018 at 12:34 PM
  4. Derpy_PandaXD

Derpy_PandaXD

I've been thinking about just throwing this game into the Mixed Arcade. I know the game isn't big enough at the moment, because I was just throwing this idea out there at the time. Plus the reason the map is so simple is because I was just using it to help me get my idea through about how I wanted the map to work. I'm working on an actual map for the game right now, and I'll show it when it's finished

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 12:07 PM,
    Last edited Dec 6, 2018 at 12:13 PM
  5. Shaiym

Shaiym

Heya! Your idea seems pretty cool and simple, but it doesn’t seem like it has enough to be its own game in Mixed Arcade. As stated above I think it’s really similar to one of the games in Quick (Nano Game) and it also seems too similar to an existing Mixed Arcade game known as Bacon Brawl. A game where you try to hit players off of the map and overtime the knock back increases. I think this game would work better and fit more into the Nano Games rotation. If it did become implemented as a Nano game then possibly we could just remove Sumo from the Quick games. Thanks for creating and putting effort into this idea, and I hope to see many more ideas from you in the future! Have a good day.

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 12:28 PM
  6. CourierID

CourierID

As stated by the post above me, this is a great idea but it is really similar to things like bacon brawl and some of the Quick games. Switch things up a bit, add some more mechanics or change some. Make it it's own game if you want it to be in mixed arcade. Sumo is a really fun concept but there would need to be a bit more work put into making it unique

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 1:13 PM