• 2096 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10534 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Minigame: Area 51 Raid (09/18/19)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by BlueBeetleHD, Sep 18, 2019.

1. area51-min.png

Are you ready to raid Area 51? Or will you defend it?

Introducing our latest limited-time only minigame, Area 51 Raid! The game is a mix of Castle Siege and Minstrike with exclusive kits for each team. You can play as a Raider and storm the secret alien facility to save ET and lead him to the chopper. You can also play as a Defender and prevent those pesky raiders from freeing ET. Get three exclusive titles by winning the game as a Raider, Defender, and by taking ET to the chopper!

We've also re-released an old game, Alien Invasion! If you didn't get a chance to play it last time it was out, now's your chance! Make sure you check out our alien-themed hub as well. Go seem them aliens!​

Full Changelog
    - New Area 51 Raid event game mode with 3 new titles and a mission
    - New Area 51 Raid event hub
    - Re-release Alien Invasion

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  2. Great update, was luck enough to play it when it released last night for me. The new titles are pretty awesome, and I love the revamped hub! Good work everyone who worked in this update.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  3. The raiders get too much time and it's almost impossible to defenders to win, it needs to be reduced to maybe 5-6 minutes. It's kinda fun game but at the same time it's not.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    Mohawk2 likes this.
  4. ez lvl100

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    Jqyd3n, Nezze, CupAWup and 2 others like this.
  5. I've bought so many illuminated chests from the shards I got in the game that I might as well create an artificial sun

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    HeyItsAdam likes this.
  6. Great game, but heavily unbalanced. Raiders OP

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    CoolCreeperMC, SpitefulNick and Heaty like this.
  7. I disagree, in my opinion it is fairly easy to defend as long as you have a team that knows what they are doing. I recommend making a party with some friends and spreading out to hold different choke points. Also communicating via discord or chat helps!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    Edanbaker likes this.
  8. Lucky enough to have all of the titles already! how long do you think the event will last for.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  9. This is gonna be my favorite game from now *cheers*

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  10. This was a pretty interesting update and to be honest I didn't really expect to see this coming to Mineplex but I'm happy that it did. Unfortunately due to the large ammount of players the game does lag for quite a lot of people but hey you get so much xp so cant really complain.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  11. Hope xp doesnt get reverted

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  12. Im using them to research chests for MTRT lmao.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  13. What a cool game! I love it.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  14. Heyo,

The idea and concept of this game is great. The whole meme really adds to the fun that is in this new gamemode. I also love the new hubs and especially the all star music that plays in the background! Of course, there are some things which could be fixed / changed, but it's a great game with some interesting strategies / gameplay mechanics.

Have a great day!

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  15. Hey,

This is an amazing game! I have just been grinding at it for hours! Love on how the game works, and the thought process behind all of it. Thanks for bringing back Alien Invasion as I love that game.

~jocoe

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  16. The game in my opinion instead of entertaining is to make an EXP farm, the Raiders are too many and are broken,a game where you stay in DEFENDERS is not worth playing is very boring and a waste of time, that's why Mineplex is declining would, be good that were 30 or 40 raiders, 15 or 20 defenders

Although yes, I agree that it is difficult for the DEFENDERS to win, but they give him very little experience if they win, NOT WORTH IT, since if you win they give you the same as when the RAIDERS win

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  17. I agree that having a coordinated team definitely would help defenders, but the fact that that is pretty much required to beat an uncoordinated team of attackers shows that it is unbalanced IMO.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  18. Hey!
    This is a great update! Both games are really fun to play and I look forwards to trying to get the Alien Invasion title! Thanks for the update!

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  19. Can't wait to see this go down as a PR disaster when tomorrow half a dozen people get shot in Nevada and MP is all like "omg we're so sorry that game was insensitive of us"

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    Upsee likes this.
  20. That's not going to happen lol, it's all a meme

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    CoolCreeperMC likes this.