• 1026 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5615 Players Online
  • 4589 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Map Playlist "Game" Idea

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by KyloRen1010, Feb 16, 2020.

?

Do you want this to be implemented?

1. Yes!

66.7%
  2. No.

33.3%
  1. Hello there!

I was looking at the new Survival Games map and was just amazed at the build quality and the amount of detail the map creators put into the map. Unfortunately, I also thought that I'd rarely have a chance to play many of the wonderful new maps the build team puts out. My idea is not original - many games have done this before - but I think it would be fresh for Mineplex and would be really beneficial for those who want to fully try out new maps on normal Mineplex.

Introduce...New Map Playlist Game (Any suggestions on a better title?)
    Fundamentally, this will be a new game that only features new maps that were released that month for all game modes. The hope is that players who want to try out and explore all the new maps without having to wait through voting blocs that favor older, classical maps.

The game would be updated monthly at the same time the Build Team releases their new maps.

There really isn't much else to say. It would just be a new playlist of maps for any player to only play on the new maps. I feel like many people fail to see how much new content is added every month. Through this map playlist, it would be quantitative proof for the disbelievers but it would also be very fun!

Have a good day!
    -KyloRen1010

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    Korben (gone) and xGetRektedx like this.
  2. Yo!
    I personally don't think this is needed. My reasoning behind this is a few things which I'll explain below:
    1. MPS'. When maps get added, they are also added into MPS' so you can set any map you'd like and get the hang of / explore them with you and other people. (Note: Legend+ rank perk)
    2. People would get dried out. When new maps are added, it makes it more exciting to try and hunt them down and when you finally get the map - it makes it 100% more enjoyable rather than getting access straight away without pause.
    3. In my opinion this just overall isn't needed as a "gamemode". Maybe, there could be an update to map voting where it puts a new map into the voting slot at least 1 time with older maps so it gives people the option between a newer or older map.
    Anyways, I do understand the idea behind this, but due to the things above I don't see a true need in adding this.

Thread Moved > New Game Discussion

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  3. Perhaps it would be better to add some kind of "special" lobby for each game that features new maps? I.e. with survival games, it would be a new server highlighted specifically in the selection menu that it would feature new maps. The only issue with this is that it would have to be updated manually, likely.
    However, a lot of people already play the maps in MPS or just by voting for them. So while this would be kind of cool, it's not really a needed feature. Perhaps somebody could just choose to host an MPS every time there's a map update so that players can join and see the new maps?

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  4. Hello!

I love where you are coming from, and I hope you know you are not the only one who wants to try all the new maps when they come out. However, there are some problems I see with this idea, unfortunately, even though I would love to see something like this. First off, I feel like this would split up the communities for different games since they would be split between the new map games and just the normal games themselves. This creates a lack of players in one of the game styles, and could potentially make the games harder to start with the lack of players on both sides. Second, just like stated above, MPS's have all the new maps added once they come out and are all playable in MPS's. If you also just wait patiently to play one of the new maps, It will be chosen eventually and then you will have your chance to play the new map that people wanted to to begin with. With all of these things being said, I will be giving this idea a -1. Thank you for suggesting!

Posted Feb 25, 2020