• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Lobby Game

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by T0xicFlqme, Dec 1, 2018.

1. T0xicFlqme

T0xicFlqme

Add a sumo arena to lobby games. it would be a 1v1 game. Game time would be 5 minutes long and a 12 block wide circle as the platform. First to get knocked off loses. If time runs out, the closest to the edge will be the loser. When time gets to the last 10 seconds you get a stick with knockback one on it.
    Players would not take dmg (obviously) and you would get your fist until the last 1 seconds where you get the knockback stick. people would take normal knockback and you guys can do what you want with the map cuz i suck at architect stuff.

Posted Dec 1, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 4, 2018
  2. Can you expound on that a bit?

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  3. CourierID

CourierID

A little bit more detail would be nice

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  4. Unfavorited

Unfavorited

The idea is very broad and understandable but you are going to have to elaborate more on that. As in what would you like to see, how would it work, and why would it be a good lobby game. Explaining a bit more would help us a lot to better understand what you want.

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  5. SaucyStyle

SaucyStyle

heya! I see how this would work, potentially with big slimes or extra knock back swords to knock players out of the ring. However, as stated above, most of us don't know whether this will be PVP, the mechanics, etc.

sincerely,
    SaucyStyle

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  6. PeytonSam

PeytonSam

Sumo would be fun to see added, I personally enjoy sumo a lot whenever I used to play it. The lobby game area seems a bit small for sumo area in my opinion, but it could work. I think a lot of us that sit in the lobby would enjoy a new game to be added it has been a while. Anyhow, I agree with your idea although I'd like to hear more specifics (Knockback methods, amount of players, game time etc).

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  7. T0xicFlqme

T0xicFlqme

help how to i edit posts

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2018
  8. Do you see the little ^ symbol to the bottom right of your post? Click that and click on "edit" in the drop-down menu.

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  9. T0xicFlqme

T0xicFlqme

thanks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2018
  10. Archonix

Archonix

I think it would be cool if it looked like the sword fighting arena in Wii Sports: Resort and it teleported you to a platform in the ocean and there would be spectator seating. I also think it would be cool if all the lobby games had leaderboards.

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  11. TeaSpiller

TeaSpiller

Heyo!
    I think this would be a great lobby game, I feel like it could easily replace Slime Cycles or replace the mining center. I personally think players should automatically start with the knockback stick to help speed up the process since it would be a lobby game, I do however think you could post this in nano games suggestions (https://www.mineplex.com/forums/nano-games.388/) since it could also work perfectly in there I do believe.
    Keep up the great ideas!

~Cheers

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  12. zchrris

zchrris

Sumo as a lobby game seems pretty cool. Like TeaSpiller said, having it in NANO would be great too. Would love to see this on the network!

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  13. t3hero

t3hero

Bacon Brawl my man! It's still in mixed arcade and you can play it at any time in an MPS!

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  14. T0xicFlqme

T0xicFlqme

Yea but lobby games are faster and easier to use because it doesnt have kits that give you advantages.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2018
    zchrris likes this.
  15. _Prof_

_Prof_

This is basically the same concept as Bacon Brawl. I guess because it's a different theme, it's okay. Howevere, I think you need to expand on your game description a bit. When developers start buiulding it, they'll have many questions to ask you. What are the other dimensions of the platforms? What's at the bottom? I'm sure there are many more things for you to mention.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  16. Oscaros_

Oscaros_

This sounds like a good concept, I like it! Obviously, as everyone else has said, you need to elaborate on what you actually mean by this, specific map design, stats and buffs? We need more clarity on what this is going to be like before we can make an educated decision about it, but on first impressions, this sounds fairly interesting and sounds like it could go somewhere!

Thanks for suggesting this :)​

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  17. R0arR

R0arR

Sounds fun! Hopefully not bug abused like PVP.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  18. Pancake_7

Pancake_7

heyo!
    I like the concept of this game and think it has a lot of potential, but I think you're going to have to elaborate in terms of how much kb each player takes and the overall details.
    As t3 stated above, it's a lot like bacon brawl. However, I think this idea would be like bacon brawl but more accessible, just like glads.
    have a great day!

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  19. T0xicFlqme

T0xicFlqme

bruh its already in nano games. u know the game with like kb10 sticks?
    --- Post updated ---
    wrong person damnit
    --- Post updated ---
    this is already in nano games. the 1793987 person game with kb 10 sticks...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2018
  20. zchrris

zchrris

A sumo is a very basic game mode and not much thinking needs to go into it. Most sumo games have a 4x4 platform and there is nothing on the bottom is just the void, or maybe even water because mineplex doesn't use Skyland style spawn anymore.
    --- Post updated ---
    also, t3, Sumo = no kits and BB has kits what give you an advantage.

Posted Dec 6, 2018