• 248 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2332 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed New levels

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jun 8, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex add more levels?

1. Yes

58.6%
  2. No

41.4%
  1. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion.
    I’ve already voiced my opinions on the last time this was suggested. Honestly, I didn’t think this was entirely necessary. However, now that I look on the idea, I think it could definitely be beneficial. Bringing more levels for people to achieve allows players something to grind for. However, it takes people years to get to level 100. How would we make level 200 something that is actually obtainable in a reasonable amount of time? Personally, silent rewards are also definitely something to consider, and would be fairly exciting. It still gives you something to grind for, but you stand out with the level you earned. I don’t really have much of an opinion on this.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  2. Agreed, grinding beyond 100 seems to be hello anoying (incerdably anoying) ive only been on java mineplex for 4 days but ive been on bedrock for years and i only reached level 30ish, (no rank, i aslo didnt link mt bedrock acount because ibdont use it).

Signed tryo

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  3. I think that reaching up to level 100 is enough, and I don't see the point of adding another extra level. Getting level 200 takes a long time reach it and it may be impossible for most of the players to reach to their certain levels. I don't think I will be able to reach most of my certain levels and take lots of work to get it.

Overall, I love the idea of what you have, but I have seen similar ideas before. I do not think it is necessary to add level 200.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  4. Well, I think there should be a prestige system or a silent reward system. It would be nice to see a change, because it's been like this for a long time and I personally think that player levels are in need of an update. Level 200 would take a very long time to reach, but isn't that necessary and if the community is still strong until then, then where do we go when level 200 isn't enough? It would be nice to see what the players that have reached level 100 think about this, after all, It's going to affect them first. I'm all for prestiges or silent rewards, but before introducing these, there has be a discussion on what to include, how to roll prestiges out and if the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  5. Yea do this then readd moba so i can abuse xp

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  6. Hello!

I'll obviously agree with you that Levels higher than 100 or any prestige system to get something after Level 100 should be added as it will be a big motivation factor for some players to still play on the server. The same thing was already discussed just after launching of this site here and as I remember on Enjin too.

If you know how current Exp system works, requirements for level up to the next level are changing every 10 levels. How it's changing per each level you can see on this sheet. Also, there you can find how exp requirement for level up will be changing for levels higher than 100 (up to level 250) if the current system will work like it's now. As you can see exp requirement here after Level 100 is so high and almost impossible to achieve for normal players if they won't play so so actively and "tryhard" games. However, I see your idea about getting Level 100 twice for Level 200 isn't such bad but some players don't really want to work again to see to higher level numbers near their name in chat. It took me around 3 years to get level 100 and I don't really want to work again for 3 years to get Level 200 just like most Level 100s (or players who are working for that now). Anyway, it's better to make it in another way which is below in the next paragraph.

If you've checked the first prestige levels thread, there was discussed prestige system with coloured crowns before your name in chat, I see this idea cool and wish to see to be added. It will work just like we've got PPC star in the last update. Basically, I'll prefer crowns instead of actual numbers (101, 105, 145 and etc.) as it won't so confuse players (especially new ones) and will be better for a chat, also it most likely will prevent bad behaviour of some players.

Obviously, there should be some rewards for all prestige system and Diamond Sword names are actually good for that. I don't really think that coloured chat perk will be actually good as it will make chat mess up. New titles as rewards is a cool idea too. I believe we can think about cool rewards for prestige levels. Some rewards ideas were given in the document about Level 100 changes, you should check it out here.

Posted Jun 9, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 9, 2019
  7. The thing is, once you've reached level 100, you still earn XP from games. This means that if they added new levels, you will automatically level up without doing anything if you've been level 100 for a while. If it was possible to level up further than 100, I think it would ruin the point and "goal" of becoming level 100, since that's the max level, and people who are for example level 50 would have a harder time reaching maximum level. I'd say it's good and bad, considering that for the level 100's, it would serve as a challenge but for lower leveled people, it would simply serve as an obstacle from reaching max level.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  8. Yeah, I agree with this. Level 100 should be the cap in order to have a set boundary for the "best" players. You've achieved your goal and now you can rest - from here on out it's just small prizes like maybe chests and game amps. Adding more levels means more work for the devs and less sense of achievement for players.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  9. Heyo!

I personally don't think there's a point in reaching level 200. I don't believe that by adding this you get any benefits out of. Also, this will take a fairly long time to reach, it's basically like trying to get to level 100 again which took people years to accomplish. This will make it harder as well because some games aren't as popular back years ago. Overall, great idea, however, it isn't really necessary.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  10. A lot of level 100s have nothing to play for so it'll help keep them active, it will also be more to play for after you reach level 100

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2019
  11. Maybe prestigious levels idk

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  12. Hello hello,

We do actually have a plan to implement these; however, how do we so is currently being discussed. As you can see from this thread, the idea was marked as "Processed," so I am really sorry we did not get to this thread, too! I'll be marking this as processed, as we do plan to do so, but we are just unsure of how as of now. Any further questions can be send to me, and I'll leave the thread open in case people have ideas for how it can happen.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  13. Would rather see prestige levels. Alternatively, I like the idea of going up to level 111 for some reason. I don't agree that the exp shouldn't continue to stack the way it does though, regardless of what MP does do.

Posted Oct 31, 2019