• 241 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5459 Players Online
  • 5218 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Legendary Item: The Magnetic Revolter

Discussion in 'Clans' started by BilboBT, May 31, 2021.

?

What do you think of my idea?

1. Good idea

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Good idea but needs some changing

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Bad idea

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. I had an idea for a new legendary item called the magnetic revolter (or the magnetic pulverizer, magnetic deflector, whatever you wanna call it).
    Look: A large metal mace with little jolts of electricity flowing around it.
    Ability: The magnetic revolter would have a cooldown like the windblade and maul. When right-clicking while holding this legendary, it would cause people around the person in a 360-degree radius to get pushed backward and take little jolts of stunning similar to shocking strikes. It would also deal a bit more knockback with regular melee hits than the average weapon. It would essentially be a 360-degree anti maul weapon. This would be a helpful legend to use for getaways and trapping.

Here is a picture I found online that is accurate enough to how this legendary item would look:
    [​IMG]

Posted May 31, 2021
  2. Seems like a cool idea, opposite of what the maul does and in all directions, I could see this in the game.

Posted Jun 1, 2021
    Lowfears and GAM like this.
  3. -unapproved link- this u?

Posted Jun 1, 2021
    Border likes this.
  4. it looks silly XD

Posted Jun 1, 2021
  5. I like the idea of it being the opposite of maul. If this happened to be added, it would be interesting to see the effect that it had within the current maul prio meta.

Posted Jun 1, 2021
  6. It's a shame no one who voted that it was a bad idea said why, I would love to hear people's criticisms on the idea

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2021
  7. Sup Bilbo,

I love you bilbo, and I do hope this gets discussed more because at its core aspect it’s a great legend opportunity.

However, it is still to my belief a combat legend shouldn’t be added anytime soon. Essentially this legend would be whirlwind + shocking strikes. Adding this legend is basically saying haha L, to the people who wanted whirlwind added but rejected due to, bUt bUt the moAtS and trapping ):< . This legend shares the same issue, people using it inside the comfort of their base like the maul but this time, contradicting previous official statements about why abilities similar shouldn’t be added into the game.

Rather, I would be in favour of a legendary support / armour item with unique abilities. Legends are always a difficult topic as adding new ones brings a whole new thing to the game & balancing.

However, if a combat weapon were to be added this wouldn’t be a broken one, just a incredible inconvenience. Don’t let this discourage you though, it was still a great idea.

Posted Jun 6, 2021
  8. Thanks bus, I totally get what you mean. Personally I sort of see why some don't like whirlwind cause it is kind of like an ability maul but personally I wouldn't be sad if whirlwind was added. But I do see what you mean, I'm curious what types of legends you want added in the game next?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2021
    Lowfears and Busjack5 like this.
  9. I would love to see this implemented into the game. I also love that you found a photo of what the Legend would look like to. It's a +1 from me.

Posted Jun 7, 2021
  10. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2021
  11. It's a neat concept but I don't think this legend would get a whole lot of use. It's just not a go-to pick when using a legend set. Essentially the main idea is a 360 blizzard ability with shocking strikes on a melee attack, both are abilities that rarely get used in clans in the first place. Blizzard is a very niche ability, it's useful in some aspects (such as defending a point in DOM, or pushing back the Giant in the raid) but generally, I would spend my skill tokens elsewhere when making a mage build. Shocking strikes is in the same boat, it has its perks but generally gets outclassed by backstab or combo attack.

Busjack said this legend would fit more toward sitting in your base and trapping which I would disagree with, it's not a whirlwind ability as that would pull players closer to you. This ability pushes them away which essentially would push enemies away from your base/moat, which doesn't really help you all that much.

The main concern I see is that if this is an "escape" legend, aka you start pushing people away when you get low you are still going to end up dying most of the time. Unless this silences movement abilities like flash you aren't going to be able to push players away fast & far enough to swap to your wind or lance and actually escape. Imagine sitting there holding blizzard to push away an enemy, once you stop the player is going to be right next to you attacking you again. It doesn't really help you in the long run and would be better to just swap to your wind and try flying away.

Maybe instead of pushing players away in a blizzard fashion, you have an "explosion" that blasts people away in all directions at a higher velocity, giving you the space you need to actually escape.

If a blizzard legend is something people truly want, I would rather add a second mode to the maul than create a whole new legend. The Maul could receive an update that grants it two modes, Attraction & Repulsion which would represent either side of the magnetic maul (red vs blue). Attraction would function as the maul does currently, pulling on right-click and pulling on melee attack. Repulsion would do the opposite, pushing players away on right-click (in the same cone as attraction) and having extra knockback on left-click. You would be able to swap modes by holding shift + right-click (or something of that nature). When a player activates repulsion (right-click) it would show similar particles to the current right-click but have a color change (red) to indicate the different mode.

Nice job designing this legend, just think it needs a few tweaks.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
    OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2021
  13. Firstly I would change the name to Magnetic Repulsor. If this was to be added, id like a mechanic where the repulsor charges as the user takes damage, and then at a certain point "repulses", with an explosion-like effect pushing surrounding players away at a high velocity. As for use as a base legend, if this was to be used in such a way, you would need to create a special area where you bait people somewhere and then they get pushed back to fall into a moat on the other side / behind them. Again I don't feel that any new legends should be added anytime soon, but if this was to be added, those are some aspects that I would like to see integrated.

Posted Jun 14, 2021
  14. Thx for the feedback :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2021